• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2015 mlb thread v. go red sox!

I walked outside to the bodega around the corner to pick up a six pack, came back and the Mets are already putting it on Greinke like that? Lots of ball to play left though.
Lots of ball left to play

Yeah. Lots of ball left was right.

Dodgers leading 5-2 now.

Tejada leg injury looks bad confirmed broken.

And that call was terrible, how can you be safe on base without being, you know, on base?

But I, for one, will thoroughly enjoy rooting against the Blue Jays and Astros tomorrow, for obvious reasons ... (i.e., spite)

edited to update

Last edited:
There gonna fix that reckless sliding shit this year
It took posey breaking his ankle to fix the home plate side, this is the tipping point for the absurd sliding at 2nd and 3rd

And i cant believe they didnt call utley out that shit amde no sens e

Joe Torre on MLBN after the game trying to justify the unjustifiable in the call. So, if one of the Mets had grabbed the ball and taken it upon himself to tahg Utley on his way to the dugout after being called out, then on review, he would've stayed out. I mean, baseball esoterica is fun to think about, but come on. The mind boggles.

A "Tejada rule" seems inevitable and totally necessary. While catchers may be in danger of this sort of thing more often it's inexcusable not to extend the same protection to the infield. Joe says they will be trying it out in the Fall league.

I don't even like the Mets. Just as a baseball fan I'm pretty outraged. Utley deserves a fine or suspension. If not, a solid plunking may be headed his way. What he did was more of a tackle than a slide and it wouldn't have even been tolerated in the NFL.

Last edited:
It was a bush league play in my mind but I guarantee had he not broken Tejada's leg, all the pundits would be praising Utley.

Oh, they are going to bean him for sure. Not one of the Mets starters, but if he gets up against their bullpen, expect it.

Yeah im part of a sports group and a couple guys were screaming about how its "just tough playoff baseball"
But just like the world is turning PC sports are turning PC too..when it comes to someones career being on the line there is no place for stuff like that

He was 2 feet off the bag and didnt even slide until until he was damn near past the bag, all that argueing about the tag and this and that its a rule youre not even allowed to slide when youre past the bag

And i wouldnt be surprised at all if harvey plunked him early just to send a message, in a playoff game especially if its moderately close I dont think you see a guy in the pen putting someone on base late in a game

youre not even allowed to slide when youre past the bag

This, really. Sliding to take out an infielder or even more so a catcher is tough baseball play. Heck, in a less PC era my high school baseball coach was all about us doing this. But what we saw last night was either a little bit more than just tough play. The idea was to let the runner score from 3rd I guess but sliding from well beyond the bag just comes off as being out for blood even if I'm sure the intention wasn't to cause a serious injury. It's dirty af IMO.

And I would ALMOST be ok with it IF he was at least in the base path, he was 2 feet to the right of the bag

I think Harvey has the mentality to want to throw at him but I think they are going to tell him not to. I am sure the umpires will be on high alert. We already have seen one bench-clearing incident in these playoffs and ejecting Harvey would be much easier to swallow in the eyes of MLB and fans than if we had not had these incidents.

Save it for one of the Mets middle relievers. They suck anyway.

Not the greatest start for Harvey, but wow did the Mets bats pull through for him.

Not the greatest start for Harvey, but wow did the Mets bats pull through for him.

I missed the beginning as I was working. His stats are ok, nothing special but how was his stuff?

Man, Granderson is on fire right now and Cespedes hit a goddamn rocket. If they dont resign him, the Wilpons,might as well sell the team.

Harvey wasn't outright bad by any means but gave up a few runs early, a little trouble locating, but made it through. The offense gave them a thorough trouncing like you said Grandy & Cespedes were ridiculous, d'Arnaud coming through with 3 RBI too.