• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2015 mlb thread v. go red sox!

Indeed. I was born into the fandom.
I've been well. Definitely fun to still be excited about the Mets as we head into September.
Are you a Mets fan as well?

They are indeed. Cespedes is insane right now, probably the best play-for-a-contract half a year ever. Uribe added leadership and they tried to solidfy the bullpen with decent results. Gonna be a tough road though in the playoffs. Dodgers 1-2 as good as Harvey/Degrom but Mets have a real chance there. But any of the NL Central teams seem to have the Mets number. Im rooting for them though. I never understood why Yankees fans have hatred towards the Mets.

Next weekend through the following Wed will make or break the Yanks season. Three against the Mets and three against Toronto. Need two out of three in both to have a chance at the division and so I wont have to worry as much about them falling out of the WC.

and the buccos take a 5-4 lead in the bottom of the 8th vs the cubs in the first leg of a double header

if they sweep today's games you can call it a lock that at worst pirate's are the 1st wildcard

which i almost would rather than winning the division

the atmosphere at PNC park the past two years has been nothing short of the best place to be in PA any day of the year
the cue-towwww, cueeee-towwww chant to johnny cueto 2 years ago was legit magic. the asshole literally dropped the ball before his windup and than the next pitch gave up a home run.

try not to get goosebumps

don't forgot how long these fans waited for this game ( over 20 years)

sorry steelers - the city is a baseball town now

Going to first game of 2rd Subway series tonight. Go Yankees. Hoping for some consistency out of Tanaka which we haven't always been seeing... and will he get a hit? :) actually looking forward to seeing the Mets who I've been vaguely following and will be going to the game with some hard core Met fan friends

Going to first game of 2rd Subway series tonight. Go Yankees. Hoping for some consistency out of Tanaka which we haven't always been seeing... and will he get a hit? :) actually looking forward to seeing the Mets who I've been vaguely following and will be going to the game with some hard core Met fan friends

have some fun for me

have some fun for me
Yankees lost 1-5 but I had a great time in Queens with some good friends, my first time in Citi though I'd been to Shea a few times ... beautiful ballpark ... we drank some beers and bantered. Crowd was probably 70/30 Mets/Yankees fans overall but we were in the bleachers so we were among a lot of rowdy Mets fans but it was a hell of a good time. The atmosphere was amazing, playoff-like. 4 of the Mets runs were on home runs and IMO Yankees took Tanaka out too early, he'd been just fine through five apart from giving up a home run which is something tbh he has something of a tendency to do in early innings ... he was taken out with an 80 something pitch count to Matz 120ish. Chasen Shreve who I like a lot gave up 2 runs and then it was on for the Mets. Yankees loaded the bases in the top of the 9th but couldn't come through. But yeah, a lot of fun was had, looking forward to tomorrow. Toronto won though tonight but the Mets seem clear to win the division. I try to stay optimistic but I fear we're done as far as the division goes and have to focus on the wild card, race for the 2nd one is tight so it will definitely be interesting to the end.

Yeah i was watching the game on MLB network
they need to send that kid streve back the minors pretty obvious to me hes not ready yet
yankees bullpen has a 5+ era since the call ups...no good at all

Yankees lost 1-5 but I had a great time in Queens with some good friends, my first time in Citi though I'd been to Shea a few times ... beautiful ballpark ... we drank some beers and bantered. Crowd was probably 70/30 Mets/Yankees fans overall but we were in the bleachers so we were among a lot of rowdy Mets fans but it was a hell of a good time. The atmosphere was amazing, playoff-like. 4 of the Mets runs were on home runs and IMO Yankees took Tanaka out too early, he'd been just fine through five apart from giving up a home run which is something tbh he has something of a tendency to do in early innings ... he was taken out with an 80 something pitch count to Matz 120ish. Chasen Shreve who I like a lot gave up 2 runs and then it was on for the Mets. Yankees loaded the bases in the top of the 9th but couldn't come through. But yeah, a lot of fun was had, looking forward to tomorrow. Toronto won though tonight but the Mets seem clear to win the division. I try to stay optimistic but I fear we're done as far as the division goes and have to focus on the wild card, race for the 2nd one is tight so it will definitely be interesting to the end.

It was definitely an exciting last inning for the Yankees. Had me on the edge of my seat.

Great game.

Now the Yanks are back with a vengeance today with a 3 run homer in the first inning.
That'll wake Syndergaard up.

It was definitely an exciting last inning for the Yankees. Had me on the edge of my seat.

Great game.

Now the Yanks are back with a vengeance today with a 3 run homer in the first inning.
That'll wake Syndergaard up.

Good win by the yanks
pineda had a good outing i was happiest about that
Tonight I'd say CC exceeded all expectations, everyone wants to talk about CC the washed up fat fuck, but he's a washed up fat fuck with moments of brilliance. He

Yeah, Pineda was impeccable yesterday, shame I was absorbed by work and wasn't able to take it all in but the end results are certainly satisfactory, shutout post 5 with good relief and run sport.

Tonight I'd say CC exceeded all expectations, everyone wants to talk about CC the washed up fat fuck, but he's a washed up fat fuck with moments of brilliance, sometimes 7 or 8 innings of brilliance and was at least once pulled out of a potential no hitter because of Girardi's paranoia. Always seems to me that he has a particular talent for getting in to trouble and getting out, loading the bases with 1 or 2 outs, and then just pitching his heart out to end the inning. Dunno if there's a stat for that or if sabermetriics would bear it out but that's always been my feeling as a fan. Of course, sometimes he gets in trouble and fucks up and it's disastrous. Each start is a bit of a gamble. You can see flashes of brilliance even in the man's bad starrts, just not consistency, you never know what you're gonna get. Tonight, it was brilliance with good run support. Matt Harvey was just fine giving up 2 runs, nothing to complain about, but in his relief not so much. I myself put this down to the Mets' undue preoccupation with inning and pitch counts, which, let's be honest, has only been a part of this game for some period of recent history. He could've gone further and it might've been a more entertaining game and maybe we wouldn't have won, but anyway, barring a rout of the Jays or an utter collapse of the Mets, we're looking at playoffs in Queens and wildcard game in the bronx against Texas of Minnesota, so the only question to me as a Yankees fan is the current depleted roster up to the pressure? My inner optimist of course says but I don't know

The Mets fans, and a lot of other NL fans, however, I think have their perceptions distorted by the number of shit teams in their league/divisions. St Louis for example statistically alleged to be the best team of baseball, well, look at the competition ... this has a history of ending badly ... look at last year's WS, two wildcard teams. The playoff structures and new rules have really rearranged things and make it more interesting whether you can debate their other virtues or not. Me I'm glued to the TV/radio every time the Yanks play and to a lesser extent I'm following the Mets. It's like this, I'm happy when the Mets win, because they're my neighbours, but except when they play the Yankees, because then, fuck them, y'know?

Lol " the Mets" fans. believe me I know a barely good team when I see one. And I know that's what the mets are. I'm not going to use numbers to back up my hopes, please. I know they had the easiest last month of scheduling over any other team, and yet they still manage to show loads of weakness in it.It's obvious the mets fall apart even when they play a halfway decent team (the Yanks.) I doubt the Yankees could beat the Cards despite what you have in your head about your team and the other division though. I do not see either NY teams going all the way, or even to the World Series.

Yeah, Mets fans: it's not 1986 anymore, you haven't won anything yet.

Watching the Yankees@Toronoto game 3-2 yanks top of the 9th, exciting stuff.

Yeah, Mets fans: it's not 1986 anymore, you haven't won anything yet.

You say that as if the Mets fans are constantly being pompous. I think they should be allowed to be excited for their team.

anything is possible if you have 3 shutdown pitchers in the playoffs

the Mets potentially have 4 of them

now im not great at math or anything

Yeah but will the pitchers agents allow them to play for a time frame that they're worth so that shutdowns can actually happen?

I got 100 bucks on the mets in the dodgers series

And what a game for the angels down 10-6 in the 9th 2 home runs 2 pitches

Giovatella is a stud

If you have money on the mets I'd be rooting for all losses by the dodgers because even if they're not playing each other yet there is still some hope for that home field advantage to go to the mets.