Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

1P-LSD 100ug, 1st time with psychedelics

HZTB

Bluelighter
[h=1]Here’s my trip report for 100ug 1p-lsd. This is my first time with a serious dose of a psychedelic. There’s a summary at the end.[/h]User: Late 20s, male. Set: feeling rather good. Setting: at home. The chronology might be slightly off at times, I’m reconstructing this from notes and from memory as there were times when I couldn’t write.

13:10. 100ug tab is in my mouth. I put my phone on flight mode.

13:40. Music feels sharper but could be placebo.

14:10 (+1h). Definitely off baseline. Head feels a bit foggy. Feeling a bit disoriented. Slight tension in the jaw and chemical taste in my mouth. I’m feeling a bit nauseous too. Vision becomes blurred.

14:55. I decide to lie down on my bed, under the cover. I’m starting to get serious visuals. I see patterns emerging from the wall and “pulsing”. I look at a poster and see the vibrancy of the colors pulsing too, as well as patterns. At times certain portions of the poster emerge maybe 10 centimeters from the wall. At this point I still feel nauseous and the only thoughts I can manage are “I’m definitely tripping” and “wow”. I realize this is the “come up” phase, but it should really be called “take off”. Later on during the day I realized this is what the song “break on through to the other side” is about. I get a wonderful feeling of warmth in my fingertips, as though my fingers were candles but without any burning sensation. Closed-eyes visuals are kaleidoscopic and colorful.

15:15 (+2h). I get up and go to my desk, put some music on, something soothing (Bill Evans). Still feel like I’m in a liminal position. I feel like I need to “let go” to reach the other side. I still get visuals, some warping and shifting, I see the lines dancing as I write, the texture of things breathing.

15:30 Feeling less and less nauseous. I put on some Stan Getz. I’m carried away by the music, I get no hallucinatory auditions but I feel really euphoric and very excited by what’s happening and what may happen next. Time starts to dilate. But I realize that if I were so invested in the present moment in everyday life each day would also feel so stretched out. I feel proud for having tried the drug.

16:10 (+3h). The nausea is completely gone. I’m still very much attached to reality and realize the things I experience are caused by the drug. My mind becomes clear, no longer foggy. My thinking is quick, I jump from one idea to the next with incredible ease.

16:20. I put on 2001 by Kubrick. I’m very taken by the beauty and the ideas of the film.

16:50. After watching the first part of the film, I’m starting to feel a bit nauseous again. Weird sensation in the mouth. I decide to lie down again.

17:30 (+4h). Still dilation of time. My jaw is very tense. I look up online what to do about that. I read about magnesium but don’t have any. I shouldn’t have drunk coffee this morning. Throughout the experience I’ve also been drinking a lot of water and peeing every 30 minutes or so. At this point I see a notification for emails and I click on it. I have an email from my dad with some important news. I realize I shouldn’t have opened it, but I say to myself that I’ll deal with it the next day (which is what I did).

18:00 (+5h) The nausea is gone again. I can’t believe it’s only been 5 hours. I’m becoming bored by my room and decide to go take a walk outside (I live in a big city). It’s a grey day with a very light drizzle. Throughout the next two hours I will wander through the city and then in a big park. Not having previous experience with psychedelics, I wonder if I’m still under the influence as my mind feels very clear and I no longer get spontaneous visuals. By that I mean that if I stare at a wall and let my gaze drift, patterns and color changes will occur, but I have to actively seek it out (and no longer feel the urge to). Slowly I begin to understand what feels different:

- Acid has re-enchanted the world. I perceive all the sensory stimuli that I usually don’t pay much attention to, the beauty of everyday things, especially nature (I feel like I’m gravitating towards nature, which is why I ended in a park). While looking at children playing I felt a sense of kinship, as I realize what I’m experiencing must be similar to what they are experiencing, when everything feels new and exciting.

- My headspace is different. Although my mind is clear as day, I can be incredibly focused, my mind works fast, it establishes interesting and meaningful connections between thoughts easily. At one point while looking at a waterfall in the park I feel like I’m on the verge on some kind of epiphany on the nature of aesthetic pleasure but unfortunately can’t quite finish the thought. I don’t really get introspective thoughts however. I tried thinking about things like feelings for an ex-girlfriend but I couldn’t get far. I think a lot in terms of metaphors, like the fact that my head trip is also a trip through the park, and that when I want to elevate my thoughts I go to the highest point in the park.

- I’m very sensitive to people. While walking I encounter many faces that feel oddly familiar, as though they look like friends, family or actors. Relates to a sense of general kinship with humanity I guess. At this point I also wish there was someone else sharing the experience with me. I’m also very sensitive to emotions. When I see someone smile and I can see that it is a genuine emotion, it is as though I’m “catching” the smile, the way you usually catch a yawn. I saw a group of adults and children walking in the park and radiating joy and I felt happy too.

20:30 (+7h). I get back to my apartment. It feels like I’ve been away for a very long time. I knew it would be long but it is a tiring experience, yet totally worthwhile. It is a frustrating thing to try and put words to what I experienced. I spent the rest of the evening alternating between trying to make sense of what I experienced and reading up on acid online. I read The Onion and everything is very funny. I feel like the effects are tapering off throughout the evening but I’m not experienced enough to know exactly where I stand. I could still get slight visuals if I let my gaze drift till I feel asleep.

02:30 (+13h). Fall asleep.

Next day: I feel good and confident, I’m more aware of the beauty there is in just being alive.

Summary: Two distinct phases. First 3 hours: great visuals accompanied by slight nausea and inability to really think. Then (after a transition): clear and sharp mind and great headspace where I was able to think fast and make interesting connections between thoughts. Although beforehand I was mostly curious about the visuals, it really is the headspace and different sense of thinking that was the big attraction for me. I guess if the body load was less present in the first phase it would have been more enjoyable. Overall it wasn’t an overwhelming or life-changing event, but certainly one of the most interesting things I’ve tried.

Afterthoughts: I felt like I was still getting the hang of what I experienced and kinda wanted to go higher and deeper into that headspace. I plan on trying it with a friend next but I’m curious as to how it will turn out. There were times where I really wanted to share the experience with someone else but times (especially the come-up) where there’s no way I could have handled a conversation.

What I would do differently next time:
- Take magnesium and avoid coffee beforehand to avoid the jaw tension, which was more or less present throughout.
- Spend more time looking at closed-eye visuals. I was too interested in open-eyed visuals to do so.
- Do it on a clear sunny day in nature.
- Take a notepad and headphones with me when I go out.
- Put my phone on flight mode and not check emails.

Questions:
- I read magnesium would help for the jaw tension, but what could I take to alleviate the feeling of nausea?
- Is acid thinking logical? Overall, the thoughts I had I still can apply to everyday life, with maybe a couple of exceptions I’m unsure about. I wasn’t convinced by some crazy theory that would make zero sense the next day for instance. But I’m curious to hear other people’s experiences.

Last edited:
Update: it's been a week since I tripped and I still feel more confident and generally happy to be alive, and more open to other people. It's not like it turned me around completely, but all the subtle changes have been positive. The insights I had while under the influence are still very much with me. A couple times during the week I thought about things in a creative way, which I feel is a direct result of having known this different headspace.

Great job you handled it well and had a great experience it seems.

Thank you, and yes it went great.

I’d like to do another update. A lot of people on here speak about “integrating” the experience and how their trips changed them so I thought it’d be interesting to document the process.

It’s been a month now. In my original post I wrote that my trip “wasn’t a life-changing event” but after thinking about it I’m not so sure now. Before my trip I was often anxious and generally pessimistic about the future. But after realizing how lucky I am to just be alive I began to look optimistically towards the future and to welcome with an open mind the exciting things that will happen. The positive things in my life feel even more positive, and when negative thoughts occur I can just process them and then let them go without falling into a negative thought loop. I also feel great in general and have been feeling very confident. For instance this week I was at a professional public speaking event and instead of the usual mix of anxiety and excitement before I was mostly excited and confident. I was still a bit nervous, obviously, but it was only “good” nervousness if you know what I mean, I really enjoyed it and did great.

Several of my friends joked that I should do the sales pitch for acid, so all of this comes with the proviso that it’s only a personal experience, your mileage may vary obviously. Plus it’s only been a month which in the course of a lifetime is not much, I don’t know if these changes will hold in the long run, but so far so good.

Great! Seems like it was a useful and enjoyable trip.
For your next time you may want to try tripping with a close friend or a small group of friends.

Lysergamides can be very enlightening while solo tripping but I feel like you're missing part of the experience.
Being able to communicate with other people while on LSD is amazing, as long as you're in the same head space.
LSD is kind of like a visionary drug IME, the thought patterns can be very logical but you can also get caught in thought loops and "mindfucks", just go with the flow of the experience.

Magnesium is useful but i usually go with gum and take the magnesium supplement after the trip, if needed. (Go for chelated magnesium and avoid the oxide one). Don't drink coffee if you don't enjoy the overstimulation, acid provides enough stimulation on its own.

For the setting I personally prefer to take LSD outside in nature. Don't particularly like being inside, at least not during the peak.

Thanks for the advice. I'm actually planning to trip with a close friend soon, and I'm excited to see what it's gonna be like.

Nice report! Also, I heartily approve of Bill Evans and Stan Getz as tripping music!

What I would do differently next time:
- Take magnesium and avoid coffee beforehand to avoid the jaw tension, which was more or less present throughout.
- Spend more time looking at closed-eye visuals. I was too interested in open-eyed visuals to do so.
- Do it on a clear sunny day in nature.
- Take a notepad and headphones with me when I go out.
- Put my phone on flight mode and not check emails.

All good ideas, I'd say. (Although I don't like the idea of tripping without caffeine. ;))

Is acid thinking logical? Overall, the thoughts I had I still can apply to everyday life, with maybe a couple of exceptions I’m unsure about. I wasn’t convinced by some crazy theory that would make zero sense the next day for instance. But I’m curious to hear other people’s experiences.

In my opinion, psychedelic thinking is mostly logical, and can lead to worthwhile, practical insights. However, psychedelics also act as a general psychological amplifier, so they will exaggerate any problems that already exist in your thinking. For example, if you have a tendency for paranoid thinking, psychedelics will prey on this and cause paranoid delusions in spades.

This is a good thing, however, because it allows you to discover and work through your psychological or emotional problems.

Last edited:
This is a good thing, however, because it allows you to discover and work through your psychological or emotional problems.

I have emotional problems about certain topics.

What will LSD allow me to work through in this case?

I have emotional problems about certain topics.

What will LSD allow me to work through in this case?

I think LSD has the potential to help you overcome emotional problems, because the drug can force you to confront those problems. In sobriety we can sometimes shut our emotions in the closet, so to speak, but when you're tripping on LSD you can't ignore them anymore. In order to find peace, you'll have to find true strength and healing, not just a bandage. You will ideally come out of the trip with a lasting, healthier, more positive mindset.

Just remember to tread cautiously, start with a low dose, and ensure a proper set and setting.

Nice report! Also, I heartily approve of Bill Evans and Stan Getz as tripping music!

Agreed, great report. 10-LSD sounds like a nice psychedelic from all the reports I've read. And I have taken many of those Jazz Giants along with me on trips in the past. Something about Jazz, like it was the first actual psychedelic music being the leader in improvisation. But wow did some of those musicians shine. Pure music.

haha wicked experience OP! I had my 1st just under 2 weeks ago, with a close friend. Cant wait to get on some stan getz for my next venture!

Im going to do it on my own next time, the friend i did it with is a real good friend but i think weed screwed with us a bit, and a whippet didnt help! Im looking forward to being on my own, from your reading im looking forward to it even more! Just to let go, go exploring. LOVE IT!

Beautiful, thanks for sharing. :) Sounds like a pretty perfect and powerful first experience. It's so true too that the headspace is the important and most interesting thing about psychedelics... people usually try them largely for the visuals and sensory changes but the headspace is where the magic is, although the sensory changes can be very interesting and enjoyable.

I ended up trying it with a friend last weekend but for some reason I didn’t really trip. I had some visuals but didn’t really get into the headspace this time. I guess being of a somewhat introvert nature I just didn’t feel comfortable enough to let go. My friend on the other hand had a blast.

It was disappointing but maybe I need to familiarize myself more with the experience to really get the hang of it. I wonder if you guys have had similar experiences.

Nice read, thanks for sharing! I too have some 1P-LSD waiting but since I'm dosing the real thing tomorrow I will have to wait.

LSD and mushrooms are completely different animals when you're alone or with friends. With other people there are constant distractions around you which can be good or bad depending on the situation. Also if someone else takes too much or is having a difficult experience I feel obligated to get them through it which kind of ruins the trip for me.

Maybe next time take those headphones and head into the forest or something, if it's anything like LSD that's where the magical experiences can be found.

Ps. Bill Evans, Stan Getz, Kubrick.. You're doing it right! :D

I ended up trying it with a friend last weekend but for some reason I didn’t really trip. I had some visuals but didn’t really get into the headspace this time. I guess being of a somewhat introvert nature I just didn’t feel comfortable enough to let go. My friend on the other hand had a blast.

It was disappointing but maybe I need to familiarize myself more with the experience to really get the hang of it. I wonder if you guys have had similar experiences.

Yeah every trip is different, and sometimes things don't quite work out, particularly if you're not comfortable. I've tripped hundreds of times and I've definitely had plenty of trips that were not profound or particularly noteworthy. Set and setting play a huge role.