Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

1P-LSD/ 50mcg - Mild but Worthwhile

hatfish

Greenlighter
1P-LSD, 50mcg.

Previous experience if it matters: weed (ex stoner), 6 mushroom trips over the last 12 months (why I’m a happy ex stoner), 10ish salvia trips (didn’t know what to make of it, haven’t been back), robotrippin (fun but not very good for my brain).

For those who do not wish to read this honestly pretty bland trip report and just want to know what half a tab of 1p was like, I’d say as follows:
Mild, gentle experience with barely a visual component, still a psychedelic experience for sure though. Mood ranged from pretty flat, lightly introspective, to good once I found the groove. Music was enjoyable but when is it not. Effects noticeable within an hour or so, lasted for maybe six or seven hours before tapering off to the slightly spaced out baseline from which I type.

So the day started out with me having my first shower/ shave in several days, cleaning up the rest of the mess in my house, and putting away the washing that had been building up for the last week or so. Despite last night having fully decided that I was up for a lovely trip on this new chemical, this morning I was not so sure. I came to the conclusion that, for today, a trip on something I’d never experienced just seemed too (daunting? much of an effort?), and went back to the remainder of my chores with a hearty breakfast in mind. Wait, why don’t I just have half the tab! What a great idea! That was my original plan when I ordered the tabs anyway, to test it out and see how I’d respond to a small dose.

My overall goal for the day was vague, really, just wanting to enjoy the experience, live in the moment and see what I could learn about myself under the influence of 1P-LSD. I have only had acid once in the past, when I also only took half a tab, and didn’t particularly enjoy the experience, eventually just drowning the effects under a cloud of weed and bad vibes. I hoped for better results this time, of course.

After chewing and swallowing the little bit of paper I listened to some albums from psych musicians Wampire, Salvia Plath and the Beatles, while waiting to see what would happen. Not much seemed to be happening, really. Music appreciation was up, but not particularly notably. I had my eye out for visuals, both closed and open, but was honestly not seeing much at all. I answered the door to the postman at one stage without fear, receiving two more albums in the mail. I chose to listen to these posthaste, first one from rapper Jonwayne, which was suitably creepy and trippy, followed by the new album from Earl Sweatshirt, which I feel has some desolate/ desperate vibes, hope the dude is ok, really. Introspection took place but not a lot? Can’t really recall, I’m pretty mentally sound and comfortable in my life so not too many dramas to deal with. During these few hours I’d also been playing a pinball video game, had a coffee, had a lie down, eaten some grapes and chocolate, and went out for a smoke.

Is this the most boring trip ever, you may be asking, well for the most part probably. During these fairly menial activities I had the knowledge that I had ingested a psychedelic substance, but couldn’t help the overall vibe that I was no more or less psyched on being alive than if I hadn’t taken it. I had the thought that it felt like when the mushrooms have nearly worn off and I’m mostly just me again with a little residual edge to the visual field, sans afterglow. I also had the thought a couple of times that the trip is only as boring as the person taking it. I put on another album by Ty Segall, which was a little more rousing, and was inspired to get up and dance like a wacko as I do when the music is suitably gnarly. This relieved the weird tension in the muscles of my back, and was great fun. I still felt in my mind that something wasn’t right, something was missing from the experience, but I continued to dance myself out of my mild mind funk. By the end of the record I was feeling good. Rather good. Not laughing gleefully at how rad the world is but good. I could now see the value of this substance, at this dose at least it’s a gentle, honest psychedelic mindset without any bells and whistles. I walked a couple of blocks to a friend’s place to see how I’d go with some social interaction but noone was home. The residential streets did look a bit more interesting than usual, I happened to notice one house could use a new coat of paint on their roof, something that would never usually cross my mind. On the way back two sketchy looking dudes called something out to me but I just called back no worries, have a good one, like any regular joe tripping in public trying to be nice without actually engaging in any way.

Back home. What is the meaning of this. I jot down on a piece of paper:

Mushroom – once over initial hurdle, :)
LSD – a bit more work required on behalf of user, more prone to question the exp. Don’t feel as tapped into the global source of all that’s awesome, seems to project the user more.

Make of that what you will. I then got back to some more happy dancing to Pond’s latest record. Sitting outside afterwards for a smoke I did have a couple of field of vision eye tricks, things coming into and out of focus and (barely noticeable) patterns on the concrete type stuff. I did enjoy when I heard the neighbour getting in his car and I predicted exactly what was going to happen next, what with me noticing him, then giving the ole nod and half wave, and him doing it back, and it was gonna be all like * then * and then *, and of course it went exactly like that, what a social happenstance can I get an AMEN. As the effects tapered off I enjoyed some pinball, TV, and pizza.

So not a lot went on, was it even worth it, you are probably thinking. Well I do feel as though I have come to see a brighter side of being, versus the blah like state which I can now see has been creeping its way into my life over the last couple of weeks. I feel that this dose would be very good for a newcomer just wishing to dip their toe into the psychedelic pool, also as a therapeutic tool for a person wishing to gain insights on their life without a great deal of pizzazz. I came into this experience with maybe 5-6 mushroom trips under my belt, it is inevitable for the mind to want to compare and evaluate the effects of a new substance and I feel that some of my time may have been better spent appreciating what was there, now. There was a great deal less of a sense that I was being affected by something compared to, say, the gram of mushrooms I took a couple of months back, it was a much more serene and personal kind of thing, not the rad and cool vibes of the universe being pumped into my brain. The comparison of crap weed vs nice weed seems a bit harsh but it’s coming to mind. Whether this changes with dose I will have to find out. Regarding whether I think I should’ve just taken the whole tab, well I’m glad I have had today to come to respect some of the nuances of the lysergic trip in a very relaxed fashion, and feel I have taken away from this a better outlook on life than when I came in. But that said, it probably wouldn’t’ve hurt to’ve upped the ante a little!

1P-LSD, 50mcg.
Regarding whether I think I should’ve just taken the whole tab, well I’m glad I have had today to come to respect some of the nuances of the lysergic trip in a very relaxed fashion, and feel I have taken away from this a better outlook on life than when I came in. But that said, it probably wouldn’t’ve hurt to’ve upped the ante a little!

Nice report! My first taste of 1P I took 150mcg and it bloody well shook me to the core. In a benign way which I was glad for. Extremely potent psychedelic, regardless of what some people say about visuals not being that strong (the sort of people happy to mix LSD with ketamine and crystal meth I suppose). Go for 100mcg next time. It's killer.

Thanks for sharing. When I took my first 100ug 1p-lsd, I intended to spend the day gardening. When I take it again, I'm going bike riding along the canals, stopping for sandwiches and orange juice at lunch. Beautiful :)

So a short update post trip, well for the next 3-4 days I felt mildly mentally drained and a tiny bit on edge. I may be more sensitive to these things than others, maybe I'm just impatient. Nothing serious, glad I didn't have any particularly stressful stuff to do though. After those few days I was pleased to notice an antidepressant effect aka afterglow. I felt (and still feel) mentally sharper and confident in my analytical skills, at the same time at peace with myself, content. I have been finding social interaction easy, what with words and conversation flowing easily, while thankfully not blurting out too much more dumb stuff than usual. Basically I felt like myself at my best, which for mine is the greatest thing about psychedelics. Unfortunately I've had a couple of naughty ganj sessions each of the last couple of weeks since taking the 1P, which always seems to rob me of a little of the wonderous psychedelic edge, at least for 3ish days after. Oh well, one can only live in the moment and enjoy what seems right at the time, can't one (can't one?)! So yeah, even though it was a very gentle experience, I have still ejoyed the pros and cons of the post-psychedelic phase. Rock on

Nice report! My first taste of 1P I took 150mcg and it bloody well shook me to the core. In a benign way which I was glad for. Extremely potent psychedelic, regardless of what some people say about visuals not being that strong (the sort of people happy to mix LSD with ketamine and crystal meth I suppose). Go for 100mcg next time. It's killer.

Thanks, pal! I definitely intend to go for the full tab next time, from everything I've read it sounds like the way to go. I'm ready now! After that I'll have 1 1/2 tabs left, which leaves the possibility of an experience like the incredible one you describe in your trip report... Or maybe half a tab w/ some mushrooms for something else again. Sorry to say but the LSD + ketamine + meth combo sounds like a bit too much of a slog for me ;)

Thanks for sharing. When I took my first 100ug 1p-lsd, I intended to spend the day gardening. When I take it again, I'm going bike riding along the canals, stopping for sandwiches and orange juice at lunch. Beautiful

No problem! So from your wording it seems like you got a little sidetracked with the gardening project? The best kind of sidetrack I'm guessing. That sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day, hope it goes/ went as well as you hoped. Outside is the right side! I have some small mountains in my area which I would love to climb whilst on psychedelics, the only problem is the drive home. May have to take a leaf out of your book and dust off the old iron horse at some motivated stage!