• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

100mg Adderall, 5mg Claratin, 10mg Hydrocodone, 20mg Ambien = WTF?

RhymingMind

Greenlighter
Okay, so this is my first post; hello BlueLight!
Long time lurker on many forums (Usually have to much anxiety to even sign up), but I had a trip last night that blasted me past most of the trips I've had before.

Okay, I have one question to ask before I write my trip report, first... Why do they say not to take Claratin and Addy? I couldn't find a straight forward answer, some people said it would make them feel even higher off the adderall and some people said it negated the effects. I'm confused.

Alright, now I know what you're all thinking... A few thoughts, like why would I combine it with Claratin? Well, I have really bad allergies when spring comes, and at this time, (yesterday) I didn't know you weren't supposed to combine them, and found out only after an hour of ingesting both. Also, why the strange combo? It will all make sense.

Note: No tolerance to Addy, though experienced; high tolerance to opiates (like 80 mg to feel goood, 110+ mg to nod) 8(, and a mild tolerance to Ambien.

I took 50 mg of addy and went to do my community service that started at 9 and ended at 12. A very nice, speedy high throughout. And yes, I do remember MOST of the locations of the time when dosing/redosing.
[7:45 AM] Take 50 mg addy

[apx 8:15 AM] take my Claratin

[8:30-8:45] smoke a bowl of weed, starting to feel the addy coming on strong.

[12:25] Just got done with my community service, still feeling very stimulated, but I could be more stimulated. *pops another 20 mg*

[12:45] Smoke another bowl (maybe 0.08 of a gram) in my favorite spot, before arriving home.

[4:30 ish] I start feeling effects wearing off, *pops another 30 mg addy*, proceeds to clean my room better than it's ever been cleaned before.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!INTERESTING PART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, so I was still feeling the addy pretty strong at 12:30 AM (or maybe just tweaked out, who knows), but really wanted to sleep. Also note, I'm a chronic pain patient, scapular dyskenesis and a pinched nerve in my lower spine, so I was in quiet a bit of pain from moving around all day - but it sure was worth it. So
[12:30 AM] Pop 20 mg ambien and 10 mg hydrocodone (I thought that if anything, it would just help me sleep easier with a little less pain. [No need to inform me about the risk of CNS depressants, especially at such a low hydro dose, but I know...] Boy was I wrong.)

[apx 1:00 AM] Start to feel the hydro/ambien, feel warm and fuzzy, which I hadn't gotten in awhile. Nice surprise. I go to smoke a bowl.

[1:15 ish] I also still feel the addy with the hydro and ambien, and now the weed. Was worried I was going to end up staying up, was the least of my worries at the time, and I was so high I didn't even mind. Was talking to my best friend.

[1:25 ish] - [2:15] I blacked out, but not a complete black out, a weird black out, where I was in my body, I was watching what I was doing, (which was vaping on my IPV 2 and obsessively wiping e-liquid off of the atomizer.) but had no control over what I was doing. I started trying to make my vape a case out of a garage rag; needless to say, that didn't work out. Still talking to my best friend.

[2:15] I finally come back and gain control of my body! And I look at my vape and think "what the fuck am I doing?" and than I realized just how incredibly fucking high I was. This turned into a full blown psychedelic trip, and I was VERY confused on how. None the less, I wasn't scared, just a little anxious (something like an unexpected full blown psych trip would usually freak me out!).
I'll stop with the time line, because I base lined until about 5:00 am, which is the time I finally stopped hallucinating so drastically.

As I'm talking to my friend S, an hour felt like 5-15 minutes, and I can't understand almost anything he was showing me (pics or vids) or saying to me, even though it made complete sense, but I was still 1/3rd of the way lucid. Enough to know what I was saying and enough to understand what he was saying, if typed with near perfect grammar. As I'm looking in the facebook chat box, there was animations in the box, and when I was typing, the letters that were coming out were jiggling, twirling, shaking, and bouncing up and down. I was looking at the icons on the icon bar on my computer, and they were also jiggling up and down and sometimes side to side, sort of like walls breathing when you're on acid, but more like specific objects rather than EVERYTHING breathing. Some hallucinations in the chat box were just lines shooting from one end of the box, to another, thick and thin.

I have a desktop background with a baby putting their hands into a prayer position, and above: Namaste
I start looking at this and it freaked me out! The babies eyes are closed in the picture, but I started seeing its eyes open, just enough for me to see the eyeball clearly moving around like this emote: 8(, and while it's eyes were doing that, grimacing at me. It scared me so bad, and made me feel like someone else was in the room with me (overwhelmingly), but I couldn't help but look. The baby started to morph into myself as a baby, and as I was looking at my baby self, and I start seeing my baby self cry. This made me extremely sad, but not hopeless, more like it was trying to teach me. As soon as I thought 'it's trying to teach me!', I heard a voice say: "I AM trying to teach you!", and at that moment, the little anxiety I had, dissipated.

I started having some more intense hallucinations, like when I went into the bathroom, my walls are blue.. I go in there, turn on the light, see myself, and about a 25% opaque blackness,--could see the bathroom, just had to focus really hard-- (sort of blurring my vision) surround me.. The best way I can describe it, is that black/red chakra from Naruto when he turns into the fox. (Nerdy, I know). It felt like I was on the other side of the mirror, Anyway, I finally fall asleep around 6:30 for about an hour, and now am typing this report for you guys while I'm supposed to be working. =D

TL;dr - Unexpected full on psychedelic/dissociative trip, hallucinated more vivid/intense hallucinations than I did with 5 grams of mushrooms, but kept my sanity, didn't do anything stupid while UTI (under the influence, lol uti), but don't think I'll be repeating this combo ever again to be totally honest. It wasn't necessarily a bad trip, it actually had positive aspects, but just not what I'm looking for when I'm trying to trip. All I wanted was sleep lol.

I've never tripped that hard on Ambien, and I've taken upwards of 70+ mg at once (black out 75%, other 25% realizing how messed up I was, and still trying to function around my family.), so I definitely think it was a combo of the Addy, Hydro, and Ambien. Addy+Hydro, I do realize can't make you trip, but I do think it could potentiate some of what caused me to hallucinate, although I do blame that almost soley on the ambien.

Also: I do NOT condone mixing these drugs together as I had, I was still UTI of adderall very heavily, so that's not to confuse it with the fact that I spaced out the drugs so far. I am almost positive if I had taken any more of any substance, I would not have come out of that weird version of a semi-black out. Has anyone else ever experienced a conscious black out like that due to drugs?

Anyway, this is RhymingMind on the grind, nice to meet you bluelight, y'all tight.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_adderall
substancecode_dextroamphetamine
substancecode_pharms
substancecode_amphetamines
substancecode_stimulants
substancecode_hydrocodone
substancecode_opiates
substancecode_zolpidem
substancecode_gabaergics
substancecode_marijuana
substancecode_cannabis
_combo_
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral
roacode_smoked
roacode_inhaled

Last edited by a moderator:
Wierd. A friend of mine had consumed 110 mg of Adderall spaced out during the school day. The next day at school he said he was having a very intense "trip", most like the comedown from Adderall and sleep deprivation.

I am wondering about the Adderall/ Claritin issue now... Why/ why not.. I wouldn't mind taking a claritin, as my sinus's are bad, and to experience it... I will not though