The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

SF Bay area/norcal thread

• Thread starter Questioning_dope
  • Start date
Wanted to bring the NorCal thread back. Thread shouldn't be so dead. Or maybe drugs are so available nobody even needs the internet.

Seems like the large seizures of black tar and meth have been increasing lately, especially in the Eureka area. There's been 3-4 multi-pound tar busts in the last 6 months, usually Mexican nationals riding in cars with built in stash spots.

I agree, FM, way too quiet. What are folks up to?

I've been mostly clean for about 8 years now, and seriously clean for 3 months. Prior to that I was chipping a bit, which worked for a while until I got some crazy strong dope (maybe with fentanyl??) and nearly died. Or rather, I did die, but was brought back to life. Scary shit. So I'm on the straight and narrow for the time being. Still get stoned with an old buddy every few months, but that hardly counts, right?

Peace,
Miles

NorCal is such a big area with tons of people you'd expect this thread to be a bit more active.

Congrats on the mostly clean thing for 8 years, Miles.

I finally got my act together at the end of 2013. Was going hard with stimulants and things were really spiraling out of control. I don't do stimulants anymore, except for a once year thing.

I was an opioid addict too on and off for about a decade. Got it under control for quite awhile now. Im not clean cause I'm maintaining on kratom but for me, right now, it's close enough.

I know there are more of us NorCalers around here somewhere...

Lived in the bay long enough to know a few things about the drug scene:
Clubs are full of drugs, but those dealers are not going to give you quality stuff at a good price at the club. Get their number and hit them up during the day. Otherwise you?re going to get a sack from a bag of drugs that they pulled a gram out of for personal use before adding a gram of cut so they could keep the quality stuff for free and then overcharge for cut product. Ive seen it being done many times. Its probably like that almost everywhere but the bay is especially like that, my connects here dont pull that shit at the club.
Also never buy acid from crustpunks, 3/4 times in my experience its nbome. Just not buying anything but weed from them is a pretty good rule of thumb. Some of them do actually have good drugs, but the majority of them are just trying to trick rich kids and techies out of their money.

I didn?t ever do any hard drugs while i was there, but I wouldn?t really want to get involved in that scene, it seems pretty gnarly, all the train stations are packed with crackheads, asking for shit making up a different lie every day, its sad. Definitely enough to get rid of any desire i had to ever buy heroin or crack, which wasn?t much, even when I used opiates there, heroin was a last resort if i couldnt get opium or morphine or oxy. BTH imo is garbage. Gross drug with piss poor potency, it might as well be the boogers someone scraped out of their nose after snorting average quality powder heroin.

I know almost nothing of the Bay Area drug scene, even though I've lived here all my life, as ive almost always gotten my stuff via the web.

Weather has been unusual lately. I actually drove through falling snow early Tuesday morning...

The culture of the Emerald Triangle is changing significantly as some people go legit and the black market price is reaching a low that many people are quitting. Theft and petty crime is up in small towns. Lots of small time junkies/methheads used to be able to get by with small grow, that would supply enough cash to get high for the year. Maybe a trespass/guerilla grow while they're homeless. Now that garbage weed is barely worth 500/lb if they're lucky. So they're stealing more now.

Lots of small growers, people who used to make a reasonable middle class living on having a small garden, aren't making enough to get by anymore. They weren't really growing enough (or have a good location) to go legal, but they don't necessarily have the skills or abilities to get a real job. Not that I have overwhelming sympathy, but it's creating a problems for communities, the state, etc.

It's having a major effect on the local communities as a lot of these people were not the best with money, so they allowed their costs to be much higher than need be. But all that money went to the local community--grow stores, organic food stores, etc etc. Now local retail is down in a major way, since a lot of the legal farms can't afford to shop in those places either (and they don't have to hide), so they can order direct from wholesalers or buy on Amazon, etc. Really turning a lot of small towns on their heads. And not just in the far north, lots of little pockets all over the state, but nowhere is so dependent on cannabis as the Emerald Triangle. And the people who aren't involved in cannabis directly are just beginning to realize it, how much income the growing community brought in without being ostentatious about it.

<-
Its upsetting that real people have lost out to corporate pot with legalization.

I am glad that a drug I consume so much of is more regulated and tested in terms of safety though. Price is too high now though.