• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is it somewhat normal to feel methadone withdrawal as soon as 12 hours after dosing?

It's not your child, so it's not your place to judge, siq. You don't have to be a prick about it.

Opioid usage in pregnancy is by no means a damning choice, being on methadone while pregnant is way more stable for your pregnancy than street heroin (or something like alcohol/phenytoin). Methadone on its own doesn't induce birth defects.

And it doesn't mean that your baby will have lifetime issues with opioids... they will have to detox your little one when he's born because he or she will have an acquired tolerance out the gate. But after the initial week or so they'll be out of the rough.
Ahhh screw it anyway, its not my problem why should I care. I just can't believe some of the absurd decisions made by my peers, my generation. Filth. And everyone always does this shit behind God, ohh praise the lord yeeehaa

Ahhh screw it anyway, its not my problem why should I care. I just can't believe some of the absurd decisions made by my peers, my generation. Filth. And everyone always does this shit behind God, ohh praise the lord yeeehaa

I've been a bluelighter for five years, and I barely ever comment (as you can see by my greenlighter status) but holy shit, man. You're really gonna call someone you don't know filth? Do you really think your opinion is that important that you just had to interject here and completely derail the thread just to throw out how YOU feel about this other person's situation?

Jesus christ, the grandiosity of some people. I swear.

I've been a bluelighter for five years, and I barely ever comment (as you can see by my greenlighter status) but holy shit, man. You're really gonna call someone you don't know filth? Do you really think your opinion is that important that you just had to interject here and completely derail the thread just to throw out how YOU feel about this other person's situation?

Who cares, just say what u want. Thats the beauty of the internet buddy. I can say whatever I want and have absolutely no consequences, fuck it. I'll never see or meet any of these people, why have a filter on what I say?

The dumb slut was probably asking for it anyway... Now shes gonna bring a bastard kid into the world, wouldnt be surprised if its STRAIGHT TO WELFARE YEEAA... Then my tax dollars end up paying for the little shit.

And THATS how her awesome decisions are negatively affecting me pal...=D

Last edited:
when my wife has take away doses, she generally spreads the dose out through the day; for better effect.

So you think I should abort a fetus at 20 weeks? You do realize that's almost to the 3rd trimester and 4 weeks from the age of viability right? I would never have an abortion. It's against everything I stand for. My daughter came out completely healthy by the grace of God. I couldn't imagine my life without her now. She may be the product of a horrific attack but she is a reminder of the beauty and grace that came out of it.

Who cares, just say what u want. Thats the beauty of the internet buddy. I can say whatever I want and have absolutely no consequences, fuck it. I'll never see or meet any of these people, why have a filter on what I say?

The dumb slut was probably asking for it anyway... Now shes gonna bring a bastard kid into the world, wouldnt be surprised if its STRAIGHT TO WELFARE YEEAA... Then my tax dollars end up paying for the little shit.

You fucking moron. I make $25 an hour working for a construction company in Chicago bro. I have not EVER been on welfare you dumbass. I OWN my house. I drive a good car. I TAKE CARE OF MY KID WITHOUT ANYONE'S HELP. I like your assumptions though. The dumb slut asking for it?

I'll bet you $1,000 bucks I dress nicer and have better things than you could ever hope for. I was wearing a business suit when I was attacked and raped in a parking garage. I woke up in the hospital a week later. So, no, I wasn't ASKING FOR IT nor was I dressed like a "slut". My guess is you are a loser who wears white tank tops and drinks Verve and puts roofies in women's drinks so you can take them home and bang the shit out of them and then brag to your bros later.

You're a tool straight up.

Thanks dude. I mean, really? He goes from one end of the spectrum to THE DUMB SLUT WAS ASKING FOR IT and now I have to contribute 5 cents of my minimum wage job to her supposed welfare. LMFAO. This dude doesn't know me from Adam.

It's not your child, so it's not your place to judge, siq. You don't have to be a prick about it.

Opioid usage in pregnancy is by no means a damning choice, being on methadone while pregnant is way more stable for your pregnancy than street heroin (or something like alcohol/phenytoin). Methadone on its own doesn't induce birth defects.

And it doesn't mean that your baby will have lifetime issues with opioids... they will have to detox your little one when he's born because he or she will have an acquired tolerance out the gate. But after the initial week or so they'll be out of the rough.

Thanks for your support seriously. I was almost in tears over this loser but I realize it isn't worth it. The "men" or little boys as he really should be referred to that say shit like "she was asking for it" are usually the dudes that rape their unwilling girlfriends or go the extra mile and rape complete strangers. It's fucking disgusting.

I know plenty of women that were on opioids during pregnancy and everything turned out just fine with the kid, especially when the opioid dependency is controlled like in a opiate-maintenance type situation. Most doctors seem to prefer methadone in these situations likely for the reasons sekio outlined.

Any further harassment will be met with adequate response. Let's get back on topic.

I got off methadone (50-120mg dose daily) using Wellbutrin with basicly no withdrawl. TRY IT!

I take Methadone for Chronic Pain, and an until last summer which was the 8th years I've been on it, It would often hold me about 24 hours. Now, I'm lucky to get 12. I have to take it 3 times a day to stay comfortable though. It's a real pain in the you know what. I just don't understand what changed over that time. I feel absolutely sorry for people on MMT or who have doctors who don't understand it doesn't keep you "well" for 24 hours.

You do realize though that those reading your comments are people, human beings with feelings just like you. No matter whether you're going to see them or not, you can impact their well-being with your words. You can't be so narrow-minded not to understand it. So if you can't bring yourself to have some empathy and support people rather than get at them, perhaps it's better not to reply at all, don't you think? One day your feelings might be hurt in the same way by someone you don't know at all, I'm wondering how you'd be feeling then. Would it be all right If war broke out tomorrow and someone came to hurt you or someone close to you because they'd have no consequences?

didnt read ur post but if ur experiencing WD's 12 hours post methadone dose, you might be experiencing withdrawals from the drug you got addicted to that required you to take methodone.

did you recently start taking methadone? if so you may need to find your dose and it takes a few days to build up, those WD's related to this will subside after you get stabilized on the drug

I just don't understand why u would keep it, I cant relate. I would of got an abortion so fast, I wouldnt care how many weeks it was. Not only is it a rape baby, now its gonna be all fucked up on opiates, (probably for life)... Not to mention the defects the baby will have from drugs in the womb.

And wtf? how could u not know you're pregnant for 20 weeks?

I know I may be making a judgment call here but so be it, I'm okay with it. [be nice to each other].

Bro you are a loser I'm sorry but you know nothing about women, life, and pregnancy.. you are probably a pathetic virgin..
I find almost everything you said in this thread offensive.. also "that doctor should lose his license"?? Methadone IS AND HAS been used for RLS and it's very effective so shut your mouth fool..

Wow this thread got dark pretty fast. Is this how we respond on BL? Makes me want no part of it.

So..just to bring the thread back to the original topic....
My doctor cut my Methadone from 50 mgs to 30 mgs because of FDA regulations. I spent 3 weeks in the bathroom and didn't leave my house.
I assumed I wouldn't notice the difference. Methadone is scary and I'm glad he dropped me to 30 mgs now.

I have a friend who would take the meth yesterday, and as soon as he woke up the next day at 7am, he would already be in withdrawal. So everyone's system is different. And he was on like 150mg. While also shooting 3 bags a day.
I couldn't understand how that much meth wasn't blocking the heroin. I often heard that after 70-80mg, it would act as a blocker for any opiate you tried to use. I guess it didn't work for him and a few other ppl I knew.
I'm now on 20mg and it sometimes holds me for 48hrs. IDKY, but my system tends to make things last longer. At least with methadone. I can miss a day and still feel the methadone from the day before running through my system.
I started out on 90mg, and i've managed to go down to 20mg. I really want to get off of it eventually. I don't plan on being on it 2 more years. But I also feel the anxiety of coming off of it and getting back on heroin.
I haven't been working any programs lately, just doing it on my own and it's tough. not to mention that I also have psych reasons which makes the methadone feel like a necessary part of my medication regimen.
So I have more pros than cons for methadone. Right now, the only con I can think of is that it makes me itchy as hell ALL THE TIME!!!, but I take hydroxyzine for that.

Lucky you.... I'm one of those that only gets 8-12 hour relief needing pain relief while withdrawals are back by 24 hours after presenting at 12 hours. High doses I can't take as I get mood swings and other negative issues.

Some people metabolise fast and need to ask for the Peak & Trough or something like through test to find out if you're a rapid metabolizer. At my clinic they don't usually do it for those on less than 100 mg although at that point they will have raised ones tolerance up where maybe 15 mg 2x could've been good enough yet after building a 100 mg dose tolerance that probably would not still be the case.

So..just to bring the thread back to the original topic....
My doctor cut my Methadone from 50 mgs to 30 mgs because of FDA regulations. I spent 3 weeks in the bathroom and didn't leave my house.
I assumed I wouldn't notice the difference. Methadone is scary and I'm glad he dropped me to 30 mgs now.

Depends what it’s for. Methadone for pain is generally take 2 times per day, but maintenance once a day (and very rarely twice a day).

When I was on methadone I much preferred the effects when I got down under 40mg. 60-90mg just had a lot of side effects. Stuff would keep me well at any dose for at least two days though.

Why did your doctor drop your dose 20mg like that? That is a bullshit excuse, the FDA comment. I imagine he had other reasons and was just telling you that to get you to do what he wanted. It isn’t unusual for less humane doctors to use that argument when trying to get their patients to agree to a course of treatment they might not otherwise want.

Did your doctor just drop you straight from 50 to 30mg? That is totally inappropriate. Regardless of why it’s prescribed, methadone shouldn’t be dropped more than 5-10mg/week, and even that is pretty fast (ideally dose reduction of 1mg/week). That doctors sucks.