• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CD Social v. Stoned apes in orbit

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Right on
hell ya, love of my life. been playing guitar for little over 10 years, drums for 9, and singing on and off for about the same but been singing more seriously over the last few years.

soundcloud.com/ashunfu some songs I recorded years ago and forgot about. uploaded a while ago but haven't done anything with them. really I have all new songs by now which I need to record and upload. going to start playing shows again soon.
Not bad! I like it enough to smoke to :)

thanks wolf. not the most organized or best recording tbh. just some jams me and a buddy had and decided to record them. I'm on drums and a lot of guitar actually. WE always planned to go back and rework the songs but never made it to it.

so hows the weather and girls down in the carribean Potatoman? It's starting to warm up quick here in california. this summer is going to be blazing hot i bet.

It's starting to warm up quick here in california. this summer is going to be blazing hot i bet.

I know, I'm pumped. I'll be out in Palm Desert later this week at a resort and I'm looking forward to laying out at the pool in 90* heat.

do you surf or skim?

i do neither. Wish i could do both. I just drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney and pop pills like a basket case and snort coke like a wall st broker.

soon i'll be adding "chasing cougars" to that list when I come up to USA for school

Fuck. Idk if I'm down to ride this bitch till the end. Early termination is all my mind has been occupied with. Got ten more days till doc appt and running outta meds. Fucking plagued with depression and anxiety.

^^bummer, umfree.

So I got this new 4-piece grinder, right, it's called Dream Grind. Anyways, I fucking love this thing, dude. I've ground up 2-3g of some Granddaddy Purple in it so far and I just weighed the collected kief I was so fucking impressed. Weighted a piece of paper on my bench and dumped the kief on it, mother fucking .6g of yellowish whitish beautiful fucking crystals. Not a hint of green in that shit.

I'm fucking impressed. It made the tree-high a lot more mellow than I was expecting but fuck, man, at this rate after a half ounce or two I'll be making fucking hash, lol.

sounds good. I really wish I had a choice of the weed I wish to smoke. GDP, PK, Cheese n such are my favourite strains and all they have now in my country is "OG this" and "that OG" Like fuck. Way to ruin a good name of a good strain.

My friend just made some hash outta trim. it's gold af

I don't get much of a choice. I just have a decent connection that knows what he's distributing. Sometimes I get my pick of the litter but more often than not I'm satisfied just knowing what kind of weed I'm getting, let alone having a choice between more than one.

tbh i'm not even much of a weed enthusiast anymore and just smoke to get some dopamine flowing. Like icbf for 420, 4:20 or all that stoner hype.

once it's green and hurts the chest, i'll smoke the rest

i do neither. Wish i could do both. I just drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney and pop pills like a basket case and snort coke like a wall st broker.

soon i'll be adding "chasing cougars" to that list when I come up to USA for school

I know who to party with if i'm ever in the carribean. what part of the states are you coming to? I bet florida is flooded with hungry cougars.

I had this one cougar tell me she wasn't a cougar.. about 5 miniutes later she was grabbing on my dick. lol love them.

ya broj ima come FL for school and hunt milfs. and i wanna spend like 6months of my life with a cougar who has money n wants to take care of me

this dude needs to blow the fuck up. seriously. most relatable song ever right'chere.... (it's also good to note that I'm high as fuck right now but I've been jammin' to this joint since before the binge a couple days ago)

lol I thought lil dicky was a joke for sure when i first saw it... it's a joke right??

You know, I think he's trying to be more of a humorous rapper than a comedian that uses rap as a medium.

You can definitely tell the dude's got a comic feel to it but no, dude, the dude's on tour right now promoting his debut album release. His videos at first were definitely just joke-type shit he was doin' for fun but after his shit started going viral it seemed like he's been stepping up his rap game something serious. It's the lyrical content that most people make people have trouble listening to him, but I swear I love this shit. Dude's just relatable to me, man, and the wordplay and flows can get to be pretty insane.

But, man.... I can't really say if it's all a joke or not for sure. Seems to me like he's trying to make a name for himself in music, and you can't do that with rap by going the Andy Milonakis route so it's hard for me to say.

Sounds legit to me, though. :)

I love videos like this, though, narrative-style. Or when they break down in the middle of the video and have a little comedic interlude or some shit. Like (and I'm probably going to catch some shit for this but fuck it, I like what I like) the Drake video for Started From The Bottom, when the two convenience store workers start trying to spit game at this sexy black chick while she's just trying to buy like lip gloss or some shit. idk, I really like it when videos become more than just a showcase of the music, you know? Tell me a story with that shit and make me laugh, and then jump back on the track and make my head nod. Like I said, it's hard to explain why but I just like that kind of stuff. It's like the natural evolution of the music video or something.

Last edited:
the lyrics in lemme freak had me rolling when he said some shit about "little bit of pizza and weed" lol. my life right now.

his stuff is really well put together and produced for sure. seems like a lot of artist(well more and more these days) are getting their start trolling another medium and then it goes viral and they manage to turn it into an act. Either way, there is a comedic element that to his act that is a very large part of it.

but ya I get what you're saying about non musical interludes in videos. I never really was a fan of them myself tbh, but I think it depends on the genre. much more fitting with rap and hip hop versus something like folk or blues. It can be done tastefully tho

but ya I get what you're saying about non musical interludes in videos. I never really was a fan of them myself tbh, but I think it depends on the genre. much more fitting with rap and hip hop versus something like folk or blues. It can be done tastefully tho

Dude, I was definitely thinking that those interludes go better with rap videos but I felt like it might seem like I was coming off as a bit of a d-bag whiteboy who only listens to "urban music."

It's hard to keep the flow of a song and a narrative with most rock and roll songs-turned-music-videos. Hell, I think it has a lot to do with how, in my opinion, hip-hop/rap mainly focuses on lyrical content whereas, while the lyrics are still important, with rock it's more about the overall sound (again, just my opinion). It's hard to tell a story through a guitar riff, but with a poem? Totally do-able.

Haven't really figured out where Country fits into this little equation, though.

Hello fellow bluelighters. Hanging in there guys, my wife mentioned maybe getting back together one day. We will see. Anxiety's been shit. I got a Dr appt tomorrow, hopefully they will help me out with some meds till I can get a psych appt. I got a half mg of clonazepam left of 30 .5s I was prescribed. I know this is a bud forum, but figured i would post how am doing. How's everyone else out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.