• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I had some unusual vivid dreams of eating loads and loads of thanksgiving style feasts. Though at this time I cannot remember it but there seems to be a lot of hunger emotions. Is this typical of Invega? I heard it increases weight gains but does this imply appetite consumption? I am a month of Invega and undergoing deep depression yet I’m not understanding the correlation between that and hunger consumption.

Alright everybody listen up, I bet you guys thought I was ghosting the forum but nah....

So today marks my 1 YEAR anniversary since my last shot of (39 mg) Invega Sustenna. And I?ll start off by saying shit still fucking sucks... BUT I?m feeling much better.

Improvements:
- I no longer have to worry about what I eat, and I?ve started to gain muscle again.
- As long as I run 3-5 miles a day I?m mentally clear, and at a place in my mind where I still feel the medication (blocking my receptors) but it?s not like months before when just getting off the couch was hard or finding motivation to simply load the dishwasher
-my appetite is basically normal, no issues
- I look ?less? medicated than I did during months 1-7, my right eye feels like it?s in a fixed position but if I take vyvanse the issue goes away so it?s dopamine related (blocked dopamine)
- I no longer pee up to 5x a night. I can sometimes go the whole night without having to pee as long as I go right before bed
-my gums and teeth health are better, gums no longer weak and inflamed, and teeth have stopped shifting
- I might have hope in getting rid of the gyneclemastia in maybe 3 months as my hormones start to normalize and I enter lipolysis more.
- I can get full erections but orgasms are really fucking underwhelming
- CBD has been a godsend in getting my emotions, mood, etc back, along with epsom salt baths, taking ice cold showers (usually right after), and exercise.

But I still have some complaints, at 12 months out:
-I wake up up to 3 times a night, although my sleep has gotten better
- I still can?t fully enjoy watching a movie or tv show or basically sit comfortably for any more than 40-50 minute intervals. (Unless I take a ton of CBD, Benadryl or something to make me ultra relaxed)
- my heart still isn?t working like it used to pre Invega
- my pupils still are pin points for the most part and barely responsive to light- Comorbid sensitivity to sunlight as well, though half as bad 12 months later
- lights still leave an after image in my retina when I look away, it?s like a bright light lingers for a second after I move my focus to another object, It?s only slightly better than it was when on Invega
- Total emotional range is only at 50%. I now smile bc I?m getting into the holiday spirit, I get coffee ?just because? and songs (certain ones) get me going, which is kinda nice. But emotions don?t last more than maybe a couple minutes, then I?m just in this empty headspace, almost like where the ghost of Invega resides, where tangental thoughts, insights, and stuff are close but still blocked by this fucking poison.
- I get this feeling sometimes, where it?s like having OCD and not being able to fulfill your rituals- it?s SO frustrating bc it makes me feel out of control, where my new, better, homeostasis is almost in jeopardy if I?m not able to work out, take my baths, or control my surroundings as I recover. Idk it?s weird. But it?s like feeling fragile, tho not as emotionally fragile as I was like 5 months ago.
- if I burn myself or get a cut it takes FOREVER to heal. Still. Bruises take longer. Fucking annoying.
- my hands and legs still sometimes go numb if I?m in the same position too long.
- anxiety is not at all as bad as it was, I actually look forward to doing things like leaving the house, grocery shopping, maybe even kicking it with a friend or something. The only thing that holds me back is the appearance of my eyes (it?s like I have a lazy eye unless I take a stimulant) bc I SO desperately just want to pass as normal after the fuckery I went thru in my mind being scared and intimidated by how empty my mind was while on and coming off of Invega. Now that my confidence and personality (for the most part) has come back, I just want to do normal people things and I?m so close but still afflicted by this withdrawal.
- I sometimes get so furiously angry that it feels like almost manic but i think it?s like a rebound from the Invega sometimes.
-my skin is still stretchy bc I lost 70 lbs from the 205 lbs I used to be at while on Invega, I hope my elasticity improves
-the way I move my muscles and expand and contract them has been more organic I?d say. Let?s just say I?m reaching the axon potential to use like 85% of my musculature, it still sucks tho so that?s why I?m listing it as a downside but at least I?m feeling more symmetrical rather than as if all my muscles are warped. Posture has improved tho a lot.

So yea basically I stopped coming to this forum bc I was feeling more and more like a normal person, but then you kind of hit another half life in the withdrawal cycle and then come back to this place to check in. Oh yea I met someone on Tinder and fucked them today lol, I got super nervous you could hear I was nervous by my voice shaking but at least I got that kinda interaction.

I really need to work on my people skills too tho, I literally only talk to my family and a friend or two for the past 2 years barely leaving my house bc this fucking drug. It?s just with Invega it leaves u feeling stunned when talking to people so ur not ever operating on their level. It?s like trying to be conversational all the while being noticeably nervous, unable to think abstractly to continue the conversation from topic to topic, etc. like if I only had to interact with people thru typing my responses I?d be set, I?d be able to relay my personality and humor and shit, but when talking face-to-face it?s like doing ur first public speaking course or something. Basically I come off as if something?s a little off or maybe that I?m nervous, which is a godsend so far bc before it probably was ?what the fuckkk is that guy on? kinda thing. I?m being self deprecating but dude, I loooked MeDicAtEd.

I?ll say I?ll be recovered definitely a good few months into 2019. I still haven?t napped in 3 years, or had deep sleep when u wake up and say damn that was great. I feel like the ability to be comfortable and fluid in social/public situations, the ability to nap, the ability to express complex thoughts and emotions, and the ability to perform intermediate math quickly are all the things that come back last In the withdrawal process. Memory too... my memory is kinda shit.

I want to say hi to @invegauser and also @zack365 bc they?re all who I recongnize now. Hope all is well. I?ll read up on ur posts after this.

If anyone has any questions let me know, I?ll try to respond. There?s hope, but you may not have the capacity to hope yet. Just don?t kill urself, i know the thought is frequent sometimes but yea just don?t, you?ll thank urself once the poison is out.

Oh yea also not suicidal anymore, no thoughts that make me feel like I have PTSD, where I feel so fucking fragile I can?t stand it. And songs that used to get stuck in my head ALL THE TIME no longer do, which is fucking nice. I hated that issue, some people in the past have mentioned it.

Lemme think... anything else? My dog and I now have the strongest bond. Somewhere around the 10th month my ability to be present and emotionally attentive and in tune with my dog came along. I got her right before I came off Invega, I missed her during her puppy phase bc the Invega left me lazy and sometimes unable to even have the energy to take her out to go potty. She?s now my best friend. Fucking great. If u can swing it, get a pet around the 7th month it gives u something to improve upon and live for. Lastly this is my routine:

9am wake up, coffee with cbd and sarcosine
10:30 run about 5 miles
Noon take long epsom salt bath followed by ice cold shower
1 take probiotics. Niacin, omega 3s, cbd, l-theanine, l-arginine, and tumeric
2 eat
3 jack off
5 eat
8:30 another epsom salt bath followed by ice cold shower
9:30 take 20-30mg melatonin and cbd to fall asleep while watching Netflix.

Yea so life is boring but the routine and shit makes me feel on top of things.

Much love u guys, seriously I?m still in it but I?m above water at this point. Once u can tolerate the constant discomfort of Invega is when the recovery truly starts to take place. Best to exercise like 5x a week atleast 30 min to get the chemistry back to normal. Also sorry for the long post but it?s been like 2 months I think. Or at least it feels like that. Thanks for reading.

@dellad: that's good and yes, yes it is; it might be a sign your going to be eating more for healing purposes soon. there are two types of weight gain (aside from genetics). being lazy and gluttony. the other is having the internal chemistry messed with to the point it puts on the pounds. most of our weight gain comes from the former. while healing we eat less and it's confusing. during the time our body and brain are ready to make pushes in healing we start eating even more. i didn't eat for 3 days once but i did a lot of drugs and drank a lot of soda and water. about a year or two ago i started wolfing down food. we all have our own experiences (i believe @Empty1128 went through the same in the last year) but when you start eating more your gearing up by getting real energy from food to make things happen instead of living off of the fat our bodies store up.

depends, there are two types of people on the poison. those who are active and those who are not. close to the end and when we are fully healed we can go back to work. we're all different though, it might be an option for you in the near future, time will tell.

@Hellohihey2: what a mouthful, someone can articulate and keep trains of thought again haha. hi to you to buddy. those are great strides in healing and thanks for checking in with us. that's what you meant about skin, ok. wait until you put your muscle back on, drink lots of water and go from there. lots of good info and good advice in there, thanks. your above water now, love that outlook. progress, progress, progress. maybe even sooner than 2019, take it one day at a time.

@Steph78: congratulations Steph78. finally this damn poison let go of you. i'm happy for you and please do enjoy living your life poison free again. check back in with us in the near future, your story will bring a lot of hope down the line. peace.

Thanks invegauser. I know you?re almsot healed but stay with us man, we need you. I feel all right except low motivation and bad memory. I never had much lack of emotions unlike most of the people here. Even my intelligence and creativity is almost back to normal and it?s only been two months for me.

Hi hellohihey, I?m hurt you don?t remember me haha. Did you get my message in your inbox?

to the room: 6/10 - 7/12 = 2 years invega pill. 1st year 3-6mg twice a day average. 2nd year 6mg twice a day.

9/12 - 6/13 = 10 months invega sustenna injections. starter dose 234mg + 156mg, 2 months of 117mg and 7 months of 156mg.

2 years 10 months total invega intake.

5 years 4 months healing time.

8 years 2 months total invega/xeplion/poison time.

the month i allotted to see if invega would rear it's ugly head again is up...

i'm healed.

i gotta shake off some of the dust from atrophy, taking so long to heal and being a negative exception but i'm healed. everything is like it was before.

@Narshe81: hey narshe. been a long time. i gotta be honest with you, not sure what to say. i owe a lot to you, you helped me find this site when i was lost. i had been off the poison for a year and in the worst kind of new territory. i read your post and just started typing in the hopes that this world wouldn't miss out on someone like you being in it. i was really out of it back then, 33 injections? ya right! hahaha.

i've felt you every step of the way brother and even though you haven't been with us for awhile i know your doing the best you can. i played a lot of final fantasy to get me through this and even feeling worse than shit from the poison i found one of them to be my favorite game of all time. it feels like it's not saying enough but thank you. it means a lot to me and many, many other people that you cast a wide net and it stuck in a few places where people could find answers. you inspired people, brought hope and started what was the beginning of many full recovery stories. i tried to keep this place running for anyone but it only felt right that if you ever found your way back here it would still be around. much love Narshe, i hope you post your full recovery story soon.

to those in the past and here presently: you've all helped me heal in your own way no matter how small or big (even to those who i didn't get along with, i learn from everyone) it has made me better as a person. i don't connect with people often in life and even though i wish it was under better circumstances you have all made this endeavor worth it and easier to bear. it has been an honor to have gone through this with each of you. thank you.

to those who read without signing up and posting: i've always tried to keep you in mind and it's ok that you don't post. we are all in this together, i'm just glad we could be here for you and your support in ways most wont be able to understand for some time to come. you also each contribute by sticking it out and healing. you are not alone, you will not suffer forever and you will fully heal. i promise.

to those yet to come... i hate saying those words, it means that more will suffer needlessly but i've been here too long and know the patterns, i see what direction these companies are going and all i can say is; those of us who have healed before you have done it to show you it can be done. this is not an end, it is not a beginning, it is a trial and you can endure and become better from it without letting it change you. the rules are simple... don't let the poison win.

i'm never going to stop and i didn't; for myself, those before you and for you too.

i have one last request: will someone please find the damn antidote!!!

heal quickly everyone. peace.

It does take you down the lowest part of your life so you are given a spectrum to look things over what you intend to do with the remaining part of your life. For me I realize I should have gone to college years ago and am considering going to college for the first time once I am fully healed.

Hi everyone
It's great to see your all healing. I don't want to see you guys go though, reading your stories is like a support in itself and I don't want to be lonely without you guys. I'm still healing, I'm over 2 months now and I got to say my appetite has gone crazy, I eat so much now I'm gaining even more weight, I thought you were supposed to lose weight during the withdrawals? Not a lot else is going on with me lately, I'm having trouble focusing and getting past a few issues in my life right now. Today I'm going to a Halloween party with my girlfriend though we're going as peanutbutter and jelly lol I'm nervous how I'm going to interact because of the invega but I hope for the best. It's scary going through this, I wish there was something else we could do to cure the poison except time. I don't know what else to say, I feel so devastated and hopeless. I'm going to try to get a job soon and see if I can handle it, I hope so. Talk to you all soon.

@Hellohihey2 : it is good to hear from you. I hope you'll get there as quickly as possible. We are all the invega sustenna survivors here, that is something we can somewhat be proud of.

@invegauser : I am so glad you have recovered. It is a war you have won against the poison but also against the psychiatric industry. You deserve it a lot after more than 5 years off! We still need you here. ;)

@Offvega : This is very encouraging that you are able to socialize. It isn't easy with this poison to hold a conversation for very long and behave normally but it is very good that you have a supportive environment that pushes to go beyond what we wouldn't normally do by ourselves.

@Steph78 : I am glad you made it to the other side. It is well deserved. 11 months off. But you made it.

@LifeAfterInvega : I feel glad for you too. Please keep us updated. I want to know if your workouts and cardio training are as efficient as preinvega. It is important for me as I was an athlete preinvega and now have lost my strength.

@robe11 : It sounds like you're very close to recovery. I'll try to exercise like you but it's hard. I can't even take two sets in a row without having my muscles collapse under the pressure of the weights.

@Rosi : You are certainly one of the negative exceptions like invegauser but it will happen like it happened to him. You have my support.

To the room :
Day 144

I started again to run. I am getting busier with school, sports and... video games. I wish the last one wasn't in the list but I don't have the motivation to be super productive so I am just imerging myself in a world I feel comfortable interacting with. (Not the best option obviously).
As Hellohihey2 said, running definitely makes my mind clearer than usual. I'll try to keep on running on a regular basis.

Recently we had many recovery stories:
LifeAfterInvega, Steph78, invegauser

The next success stories to come very soon:
zack365, robe11

It seems like the other remaining people will take a little longer but recovery will happen. Just a matter of time.

I drank some coffee today after not having caffeine for two years and holy shit I felt amazing, like preinvega, my mind was faster and my mood improved dramatically, when I was peaking all of my senses felt great, it was the best I?ve felt since invega. Definitely gonna drink coffee tomorrow. Also thinking about getting pre workout for the gym. Kinda a bummer after the comedown, I feel like an Invega space cadet again

I drank some coffee today after not having caffeine for two years and holy shit I felt amazing, like preinvega, my mind was faster and my mood improved dramatically, when I was peaking all of my senses felt great, it was the best I?ve felt since invega. Definitely gonna drink coffee tomorrow. Also thinking about getting pre workout for the gym. Kinda a bummer after the comedown, I feel like an Invega space cadet again

This is what happened when I started to drink caffeinated tea. For many years I avoided anything with caffeine because it gave me headaches, now I have to have tea every day to help improve my mood. But depression is still present.

Can you feel deep for luck, animals, colours, music? Have deep lucky dreams?

Are your eyes beautiful like before?

to the room: 6/10 - 7/12 = 2 years invega pill. 1st year 3-6mg twice a day average. 2nd year 6mg twice a day.

9/12 - 6/13 = 10 months invega sustenna injections. starter dose 234mg + 156mg, 2 months of 117mg and 7 months of 156mg.

2 years 10 months total invega intake.

5 years 4 months healing time.

8 years 2 months total invega/xeplion/poison time.

the month i allotted to see if invega would rear it's ugly head again is up...

i'm healed.

i gotta shake off some of the dust from atrophy, taking so long to heal and being a negative exception but i'm healed. everything is like it was before.

@Narshe81: hey narshe. been a long time. i gotta be honest with you, not sure what to say. i owe a lot to you, you helped me find this site when i was lost. i had been off the poison for a year and in the worst kind of new territory. i read your post and just started typing in the hopes that this world wouldn't miss out on someone like you being in it. i was really out of it back then, 33 injections? ya right! hahaha.

i've felt you every step of the way brother and even though you haven't been with us for awhile i know your doing the best you can. i played a lot of final fantasy to get me through this and even feeling worse than shit from the poison i found one of them to be my favorite game of all time. it feels like it's not saying enough but thank you. it means a lot to me and many, many other people that you cast a wide net and it stuck in a few places where people could find answers. you inspired people, brought hope and started what was the beginning of many full recovery stories. i tried to keep this place running for anyone but it only felt right that if you ever found your way back here it would still be around. much love Narshe, i hope you post your full recovery story soon.

to those in the past and here presently: you've all helped me heal in your own way no matter how small or big (even to those who i didn't get along with, i learn from everyone) it has made me better as a person. i don't connect with people often in life and even though i wish it was under better circumstances you have all made this endeavor worth it and easier to bear. it has been an honor to have gone through this with each of you. thank you.

to those who read without signing up and posting: i've always tried to keep you in mind and it's ok that you don't post. we are all in this together, i'm just glad we could be here for you and your support in ways most wont be able to understand for some time to come. you also each contribute by sticking it out and healing. you are not alone, you will not suffer forever and you will fully heal. i promise.

to those yet to come... i hate saying those words, it means that more will suffer needlessly but i've been here too long and know the patterns, i see what direction these companies are going and all i can say is; those of us who have healed before you have done it to show you it can be done. this is not an end, it is not a beginning, it is a trial and you can endure and become better from it without letting it change you. the rules are simple... don't let the poison win.

i'm never going to stop and i didn't; for myself, those before you and for you too.

i have one last request: will someone please find the damn antidote!!!

heal quickly everyone. peace.

Glad you healed! I'm at about 4 years and 4 month since my injection so maybe I'll start feeling like you soon. Thanks for all your post, you were great in the community.

Hello all just checking in, not a whole lot going on. I slept a good 8 hours and have been noticing improvements along the line. I haven't felt like working out yet but I am considering it. I'm driving to visit my family today and going to play Pokemon Go that's about it. It's gonna be lonely here without seeing some of our common post appearances I feel like losing invegauser is going to suck. Now we got to go through this challenge knowing healing is on the way but it's a journey.

@invegauser
.quote. 5 years 4 months healing time. End quote.

@aiden21
.quote.4 years 4 months... maybe Ill start feeling like you soon. end quote.

@everyone
WHAT. THE. FUCK. Are you guys reading this?!?! These guys are saying it can take 5 years to heal. I thought it was going to be 10 months, a year max. I really hope I dont have to live my life as a disabled person for another 4 years and 5 months

@invegaisnotgood : Yes, the coffee makes us feel a very quick window if we can call it this way.
I am really concerned about wether or not I am a fast, average or slow healer. I thought I was a fast healer and that all the work I put into my healing process would bring me to the other side in 4 months. I was wrong. I am very close to the 5 months mark and the fatigue bothers me a lot. If I wasn't that fatigued. I could live my life somewhat normally. Bummer...

@Rosi71 : I am not like before yet. My eyes seem tired pretty much all the time. I don't have beautiful dreams like before. But, I have weird dreams I'd rather not have that include sexual content. (I am a Christian and I believe this to be close to a sin but it's not because I have no real control over it).

@Empty1128 : How many shots did you have?
I thought I scored high with 12 hours, lol.

@Aiden21 : how many shots did you have?

@Offvega : keep me updated about your workouts! I'm glad you see improvements these days. Every single improvement is a blessing. This is what helps me to keep going until the end.

To the room

Day 145

I went on a lunch cruise today. I wish I could fully enjoy the moment, I was a bit tired and not in a super good mood. I still feel more comfortable playing xbox.
A week away from the 5 months mark.
Peace.

Can someone please tell me what (wrong) is going on...?

There is no standard time of healing. Everyone will have different experiences. No one is going to tell you how long off of Invega it will take to bring you back to your desired state. That said, sitting down and worrying about it constantly can do no good in this direction. Start developing positive coping habits. There is, similarly, no substance, if it exists at all, that will expedite your reaching that point. Taking hard stimulants, THC, and psychedelics are not in your best interest. They will likely add another problem and/or make things much more difficult for you. That goes for basically any inebriant. Your brain needs to be yours.

Adding more psychoactive substances to it, without a doctor saying to, is going to mess things up further...now it's clear that psychiatry isn't a natural science like biology is. But the functions your doctor crunches to put you on a medication is based on reasonable, statistical probability. That's not to say people haven't been wrongly dosed. Clearly, it exists.

It can be hard to trust other providers after such experiences as I see. A few things though, to put things into perspective. First, medication sets a groundwork. It can take time, more than you think, to get used to them. For instance, the atypical antipsychotics start working on the "positive" symptoms very soon, but can take six months to work on the "negative" symptoms that I read all over this thread. This also means that there is no magic bullet medication that can make you well, unless you're taking escalating doses of an inebriant. Medication provides a basic, important part. But when you build your life, you build it with the aid of therapy, and the untold emotional and physical benefits of regular socialization--making friends means a heck of a lot, I ma not being facetious.

Secondly, it can take a while to feel on the inside the degree of functioning that you are at, on the outside. People say different things. Outpatient visits to psychiatrists usually are every 3-6 weeks to give medication its shot (no pun). At the acute hospital, they say give a medication two months. In longer-term, they say six months to a year.

Invega isn't Risperdal. They're closely related but aren't the same thing. Olanzapine is different, too. Antipsychotics can vary a lot, too, when it comes to binding at various receptors. There is a huge difference between, for example, seroquel and clozapine.

Status
Not open for further replies.