View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Depersonalization and anxiety after taking LSD

Tumyeto

Greenlighter
Hi people, I am a teen who took acid on halloween with some weed and a week after, I got drunk for the first time didn't get real drunk but ever since then I have developed some anxiety attacks (panic attacks) and depersonalization or derealization and I have been suffering for about 3 months now. It's getting a little better since but still feel really off, and kinda depressed and I really just want it to end and go back to normal any tips on how I can overcome allot this really intense stuff??

Hi, when you get anxiety or a panic attack and it's scary just go with it, try to concentrate on something else, breathe, and know that it will be over soon.

In the mean time avoid all drugs including weed, and alcohol since those can cause anxiety. Cut back on caffeine if you drink a lot of that.

If things get really bad talk to a friend, or go to see a counselor/therapist. Good luck.

Beyond aforementioned I suggest mental training/programming. It's possible the trip has dug out something you aren't ready to face yet. So I reckon writing down your trip and also what sets you off. Then share with whomever you trust with that information. Avoid anything mind altering for now and unsure you keep well nourished.
A lot of variables can be behind your issue so without specific details it's hard to say.
Hope you feel right soon and discover what lsd tried showing you. Peace brother.

Last edited:
Thanks I've been trying to stay away from all things mind altering to see if it helps

well it might have affected your brain development; but it could also be that you've unraveled something particularly triggering in terms of panic attacks. i always say it's best to use drugs when you're at least 21 to 26 depending on if you're male or female and depending on the drug in question.

how was the experience? you should write a trip report and put a link in this post so we can kinda have an idea of what you went through. i think you'll be fine as long as you stay away from mind altering substances for a while. best of luck to you though! :)

also let your brain develop a little before you decide to delve into mind altering substances; especially psychedelics. i remember when i was a teen and i used psychedelics; i never had any negative long term affects but i do remember that it was probably much more intense due to my age (16; i was using LSA: i think it might have helped me a little to some degree though. particularly it helped my ability to connect with others)

i haven't noticed any negative side effects except for unraveling bits of my subconscious that caused some bad bouts of depression: but i don't think that was sheerly chemical in nature; i think i was dealing with some serious life stuff that i hadn't considered before. though i think it might have also had something to do with upsetting my seratonin system and it took a while for it to go back to normal: luckily you can replenish and heal your seratonin system with using 5 htp and antioxidants that can cross the blood brain barrier.

also see if some 5 htp helps; in cases of seratonin release where you deplete seratonin from your system 5 htp helps replenish lost seratonin through metabolism. idk if it'll help though; but i don't think it will hurt much either. i'm no expert and this isn't expert advice; just disclaiming lol.

Last edited:
To whoever is reading this, I?m sorry I?ve never posted a follow up but I will now.
On Halloween in 2014 about a month before I turned 16, me and a bunch of friends took 25b-nbome but we all called it acid because we were so naive but we did know there was a difference between nbome and lsd because We had some knowledge and I did some research. I have tried nbome many times before so it was very strange to me on why I developed anxiety and derealization after this night.
It was actually a very great night we went trick or treating while tripping but instead of going up to houses we basically just laughed hysterically at each other while rolling around in the streets lol. But when I first noticed the problems I was very confused and I?d have panic attacks at school, when I?m trying to sleep at night, even when I was with my closest friends in the safest of places. But I developed this fear of completely losing all sense of reality and suffering from derealization definitely didn?t help much. I remember walking home from school one day and all of a sudden I had this mystery emotion that came up on me and everything looked fake or artificial like this curb I was staring at looked like it was foamy or squishy and that I could I bend it. I also developed visual snow I think it was called and also after images and they were always present and they were also triggers for strange thoughts and mental images that I couldn?t control and those would lead to panic attacks. Whenever I?d have a panic attack I?d start shaking and feel like I?m holding onto reality by a thread and the only thing that really helped me return from a panic attack was to curl up into a ball and just wait it out.
Around the time I made that post I went and saw a psychotherapist who didn?t know what derealization was or what visual snow was and eventually prescribed me Mirtazapine which is an antidepressant but I was so scared of taking it I never took a pill and I didn?t think that an antidepressant was what I needed though I was feeling a little depressed at the time I didn?t think that it was due to chemical imbalances in my head. I think now I just had a huge change in my perception of reality that I needed to catch up on if that makes sense.

The best medication for me was time and I feel like I?ve learned how to live with it. My panic attacks stopped about a year after I posted. Though I have had some attacks from time to time just like anybody though they?re definitely not as persistent as they used to be and the visual snow and after images are still here 24/7 but I?m just not aware of them as I used to be.
I stopped smoking and tripping for about a year and a half and I when I felt like I was finally back I tried actual lsd that me and a friend tested with a kit and that was a great time.
I?m 20 now and I look at that time as if it was something that was bound to have happen to me at some point anyway and I feel like i learned a lot about myself and the substances I used because of it. I still use psychedelics now but only the ones that I?ve researched and have had experience with and not in the ways that I did then.
But the reason why I?m making this follow up is because if there is anyone out there that is feeling similar to how I was feeling just know that time can be very benevolent and that abstinence can be beneficial if you need to learn how to calm yourself down. If you have friends or family that you can talk to that can really help too. Be respectful and knowledgeable about what and how much/often you take these substances for they can show you things that you might not be quite ready for but can also really help you learn more about yourself.

I'm glad you feel better now. It will only get better, because it seems like time heals these issues, because i had a similar but less hard state of depression after i used some 4ho-met at a festival.

It's been 3 years and i'm 99% better.

I know i lost all my friends at the main stage so i spent the whole night observing people and thinking how strange we people are. Later i found my two friends but i wish i hadnt because one of them got beaten and i felt bad the whole time for being too afraid while peaking and not being able to help him.

Following months i felt very disassociated, emotionally numb and very depressed.
But slowly, time heals wounds. Contact with people and doing sports helped a lot because they helped me to forget about the trauma.

Now i know that i have to respect the drug and take it in more appropriate environments and with a limited number of people around that i can trust. If you decide to continue tripping i advise the same.

Good luck.

sounds like a spiritual or philosophical journey, and not a bad one at all.
(who thought it would be easy to come of age, or even just to be alive?)