Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

5-Meo-Dalt - 90mg - Experianced - A Psychedelic in its own right

Ganj

Bluelighter
I am a 16 year old male. The setting for this trip was not exactly ideal, having had just a few hours sleep over the previous few days. I was at W's house with multiple others like we do very commonly and was a few days into a sesh. The first 12 hours were spent consuming about 300mg of Ethylphenidate and an unknown dosage of synthicane. This went very well, then a few hours later while I was washing up W came down and without explaining pulled me a large bong and gestured for me to inhale. Having over the last few weeks been turning down weed as I felt it was kind of playing with my head I was a little unsure but went for it and it happened to be a bowl of crystals which caused some serious depersonalisation which I did not enjoy. Depersonalisation was always an issue with me with weed and I was annoyed that just as I was stopping smoking I had been caught out so hard.

To contribute I weighed out 10 70mg bombs of DALT and offered them out and made a 90mg one for myself as I had done the drug on lower levels multiple times but wanted to test it out a little more. A few hours later I bombed the dose.

At first the come-up was manageable, but about 30 minutes into it the experience was simply too much. DALT has an incredibly intense and overwhelming come up that at a point was unbearable, especially body-load wise. Me and G moved to a different room and talked for about an hour as I found it easier to handle with a single person. It got to a point where minor visuals were becoming apparent which was very odd and had never happened before while just on DALT. Then everything started to look surreal. I would look at someone or something and everything would look completely different, like a different person or a different object without actual changing in physical appearance which was rather worrying.

Eventually we decided to go for a walk. I gave the last bomb of DALT (70mg) to G and she bombed it before we left. She was already on 2 tabs of unknown dosage of 25i-nbome but can handle heavy trips extremely well.

I started to leave the come-up stage just as we decided to leave.

For the first time in the trip I managed to let go my worries about the abnormal effects and simply remember it was the effects of the drug and as soon as I accepted the experience rather than worrying about it, I had a considerably better time.

This is where 5-Meo-Dalt really started to develop a psychedelic identity as a drug. The issue is, as me and G struggled with is that it was next to impossible to describe the specific effects of the drug with words. During the peak of the experience, there was a extremely isolated head space, to the point that I was worried about how 'far-out' I was from reality and how long it could take to return to normality. At one point I noted that the head-space was on a completely new psychedelic level and if I had started to feel uncomfortable or have negative thoughts the whole thing could quickly spiraled into a complete nightmare. Also a large aspect of massive mental space between everything was noted; As if every thought, mental process and feeling was surrounded by massive space of nothingness in the same way planets are such a incomprehensible distance away.

The body load was very unique, odd yet definitely not uncomfortable during the peak. A hollow feeling that kind of was simply present in what would correlate to your body rather than being present in a physical part of it.

The most interesting part was the 'visuals' of the experience. DALT does not cause warping, morping, breathing or any of the more common visual effects of psychedelics but is more like a program has attempted to visually recreate what you would see in your visual field. Textures are messed up and look blatantly artificial and fake. G Described it as if you are viewing multiple visual fields that are all a fraction apart from each other.

We walked over 8 miles to the nearest 24 hour shop and back throughout the trip. Being in the house full of people would have simply been too much for this trip the walk made it considerably more bearable.

I then got some sleep, before ingesting 150ug of acid. I was worried about doing this as I was feeling no-where near baseline before taking it and although most of the trip was good there was a 3 hour period in the middle where I was simply anxious about how far from baseline I felt as a result of little sleep and psychedelics. 25mg of valium (My first time with the drug) considerably helped) Its now a few days later and I'm sticking with the decision I made during the LSD experience which on another note was about as enlightening as a power cut (polar opposite of other LSD trips I have had) which is to completely cut out psychedelics for a sizeable amount of time. 2 days later I still feel pretty fried, definitely not sober. When I am actively doing something its not that bad but when I sit down and notice it, its very obvious that I am still completely 'off'. All I can do is hope that after a few weeks of completely abstaining from drug use ill go back to more or less baseline. I am also guaranteed finishing what I've started with stopping smoking weed which is the last thing I need after the last few months of irresponsible psychedelic use.

Luckily I still feel more or less 100% sane and have definitely got the message to stop fucking with PD's at such a young age, maybe ill try again in a few years!

EDIT:Its 4 days later now and I still feel no where near base-line. I feel like im not really here and basically I just feel completely fried in general. Hoping that abstaining from all drug use will help this subside :/

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, this dosage is less common so it's good to have some info on the effects of higher doses of this compound. and in regards to you not feeling well, try getting more sleep, nutrition, and exercise. And also it's better to space out your trips by at least a couple of weeks. If you don't treat these powerful drugs with the respect they deserve, you will pay a price for it. Wharever that may be is up to you. A long break from psychs seems to be a good course of action at this point. Good luck and feel better! Stay safe.