L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Im fcked up and need advice

Mefisto

Greenlighter
Recently i wondered if almost all the people, who got dumped, after some time have been healed by another human being of opposite gender. It is the only way? I know a lot of people here will disagree with this, while using arguments about how one should resolve all his own issues before meeting the other person and burden this person with personal baggage. It makes sense on paper, but in reality i don't see people act like that. Of all the people i know, whom suffered a breakup, almost everyone has been healed only after meeting somebody new. I read it all the time. All those sayings like "when i finally met him/her all the thoughts about my ex disappeared in a moment" make me angry.
What one can do, if due some circumstances, he just can't meet somebody new? All my life i had extreme difficulties with getting along with girls. I was rejected dozens of times in one way or another, until i made my life a little better and got on zoloft pills. At the age of 20 i met my first, probably the last, girlfriend, who was 4 years younger than me. I was so glad back then, but in the end it turned out to be biggest disaster of my life.
Long story short - after 2 years of dating, i decided to stop taking zoloft and it made me more depressed than usual. I experienced withdrawal and needed support, but instead of it, my ex began to have disputes with me on variety of subjects. It became much worse after i was foolish enough to introduce her to my former best friend of 15 years, who is much more successful than me. He is very rich and famous guy, while i have part-time job and study pretty mediocre institute. She started to reproach me constantly on being underachiever and boring, while talking all the time about my ex-friends, how cool and interesting guy he was, how much they had in common and how, suddenly, we turned out to be "very different". They began to talk via skype and delete the messages so i could not read them. So, i tried to prevent the obvious result of this process, but all of my attempts just made this worse. At one day, she kissed me and went to her home, changed her number, turned off her home telephone and ring bell, stopped responding to me on social media, despite being online all the time - she just disappeared for me. And the same thing did my ex-friend, he stopped answering his phone and skype, until 2 weeks have passed and he finally picked up the phone and told me that my ex-gf decided to dump me to be with him. She told it only to him and not to me, because she was "scared to hurt me". I gave him an ultimatum - either he erases her from his life or our friendship of 15 hears is done. He agreed that we are done as friends.
After it happened, i fell into deadly depression, tried to kill myself and nearly died. The recovery was long, after it i decided to try to build new life for me. I restored some contacts with old friends, did some self-development intellectual things, started to work out. After few months of this hard work, i tried to meet somebody new and failed terribly. I was on 6 dates with different girls and was rejected by single one of them. Each rejection killed my confidence until it disappeared completely. Each rejection became another memory that haunts me everywhere and makes me cringe in pain. It seems like the experience with my ex was some kind of unique miracle that will never repeat in my life.
I just can't raise my self-esteem because i always compare myself with my ex-friend. Every time i want to feel something positive about my life, the memory of this betrayal appears in my mind and spoiling everything. We were similar in the beginning, the poor middle-class families, socially awkward, outcasts in school. But he had great father while i raised by a single mother. He is confident, knows how to be a man, has sense of humor that charmed my ex-gf, he has loads of money and big fame. He has everything i don't have.
But right now this feeling of inferiority multiplied by thousand. He stole the only girl i ever had and he is living his luxury life with her, while im deeply depressed. Every time when i imagine them having sex, i want to die or erase my memory.
I cant decide should i accept that i wont ever have success with girls i like again or should i keep hitting the wall and exhausting myself, until i will be completely crazy and mad person, getting full mental after some final rejection? People say things like "the more times you feel rejection the more you become apathetic towards it" - this is wrong! The each rejection i had hurt me more than previous one. It has some strange increasing effect for me.
And there is most fcked up part - i started to feel very angry when i read, hear, see other people having sex and relationships. This shit is everywhere - on the streets, on social media, in books, in TV series in cinema, in internet forums. I see a couple outside and i hate them because they will never know how it feels to be the person like me. To be always rejected, to be cheated on, to be dumped and betrayed by the best friends at the same time.
Can anybody relate or give some advice?

Last edited:
Well sorry you seem to be taking this break up so tough but you have to put it in perspective of how old you are. You didn't mention your age and that's key imo. Pretty much every single friend I had in High School and first couple years of college either stole some other "friends" gf or had his stole from him by someone. Girls have this power over guys at this age seemingly. I know it happened to me and I was on the same soccer team as the guy. Join Tinder find a new girl to just have fun with and that will help you move on.

yeah when young, life = big drama

she is a nasty turd with no backbone for not telling you herself.

he is a scumbag and you're better off without him in your life.

stop focussing on other people having success, everyone goes through peaks and troughs. go do some excercise to see if that improves your mental health.

and get some better friends

>Well sorry you seem to be taking this break up so tough but you have to put it in perspective of how old you are. You didn't mention your age and that's key imo.
Thanks for the compassion. I am 22 right now and i cant imagine that someday this pain will go away.

>Pretty much every single friend I had in High School and first couple years of college either stole some other "friends" gf or had his stole from him by someone.
In college everybody knows each other. When you introduce your gf to other guy yourself it feels like suicide.

>I know it happened to me and I was on the same soccer team as the guy.
Can you tell more about how it affected you?

>Join Tinder find a new girl to just have fun with and that will help you move on.
Did you read the part where i wrote that i went on 6 dates with girls already? Its lost case for me, i have zero level of confidence, almost no sexual value for girls that i like. Being cheated on and dumped made me extremely vulnerable for rejection - i cant take anymore, its too painful. Is it possible to move on from such disaster without involving other girls?

>she is a nasty turd with no backbone for not telling you herself. he is a scumbag and you're better off without him in your life.
It would be easier for me to cope if i would think like that. I still think that they are had many great qualities. Their behavior changed so sudden, i was so shocked back then.

>stop focussing on other people having success, everyone goes through peaks and troughs.
When i dont focus i still encounter reminders of him. His house is located near mine, i can see it from my window. His site is very popular, i see information about it when im scrolling the social media. Its really hard to isolate myself from all the triggers.

>go do some excercise to see if that improves your mental health.
I go to the gym and boxing lessons every week. It does help a little, but effect disappears very quickly. Also, i did approx. 15 therapy sessions, but i cant afford it anymore. I have to somehow heal myself alone, without help of anyone, but i dont know if i can.

>and get some better friends
I have two more friends, but they are very busy with their lives and almost don't have time to deal with me. My life feels very empty and lonely right now. I always had it very difficult when it comes to acquire new friends, its very hard for me.

Its a numbers game bro. We all get rejected are you kidding me. Stop basing your happiness on one females and learn to be happy on your own. Im not saying a real man should want a female, but you should never need a female. Wanting and needing are completely different and i can guarantee some of these girls could smell the neediness type vibe and low confidence or trying to hard type personality you were giving off. There are billions of women in the world don't give up.

Jeez, I didn't read much of this, but just from quickly jotting over it all I can say is no wonder you got cheated on and get no where with other dates, you sound like one of those "ohhhh woes me, the world has come to an end because my feelings has been hurt, now I'm going to focus on only negative things and just bath in self pity."

Edit:

You know what I used to have a friend who sounds just like you, and he was solo annoying to be around he was such a little bitch. And his gf cheated on him just like yours did and he acted just like you are.

Of all the people i know, whom suffered a breakup, almost everyone has been healed only after meeting somebody new. I read it all the time. All those sayings like "when i finally met him/her all the thoughts about my ex disappeared in a moment" make me angry

Healed is the wrong word my friend. No one gets healed by another person, not in the sense you mean anyway. Replacing one partner with another may give you some new positive experiences but it doesn't heal the inner pain.. not unless they actually work on it together.

I healed my ex-gf from her rape experience and other deep issues over 2 years. Unfortunately once she realized she could stand without me she cheated on me and that was that. That really fucking hurt, after everything I did for her. I would have been sad if she left by ending it but it was far worse by cheating.. I never cried like that before like I did that day. I said things that I look back on now and fucking cringe.. despite what she did I didn't want to let go at the time. Having someone there to be with emotionally is great, no one wants to lose that.

Months on and the emotion has cooled off. I look back and just see my own issues after she confessed. It helped me realize a few things about myself. And it made me realize that she made a terrible fucking decision and she knows it. What I did for her not many people would. And that's her loss, not mine. I didn't have enough self respect at that time. But I know what I'm capable of giving to a person, the question is finding the right person deserving of that love. You need to do the same.

The anger is probably a sign of fear of abandonment, fear of being alone. Don't allow the opposite sex to define your existence here. That's Disney movie type thinking, that there's only one person for you.

No need to be jealous anyway.. no relationship ever lasts. None. The positive experiences you share with a person do endure though. And you'll have more in your life if you pull yourself together and start moving forwards. Not to be blunt but you need to turn that anger in a positive direction for YOU and stop being a little bitch about it. Hurts right? Get angry with me? Good! Now start lifting yourself up, one step at a time. You'd be surprised how far you can fall and turn your life around to something great.. and you haven't fallen at all relatively speaking. Chin up mate.

Edit:

You know what I used to have a friend who sounds just like you, and he was solo annoying to be around he was such a little bitch. And his gf cheated on him just like yours did and he acted just like you are.

Edit:

Exactly how many friends do you have like other posters?

I was in a relationship myself for 4 years and then I was in a relationship for 5 years now I've been trying to get somebody in my life for the past 4 years and it took me the longest time to get over my relationship with the 5 year it was painful trust me I suffered for two and a half years and I
I am still single it says that you'll get over them like if you were with them for like 8 years of take 4 years to truly get them out of your system I say just seek counseling work on yourself work on self confidence don't compare your relationships with other people they don't want to hear it because they think you're still in love with them and that they might have to live up to that person's shoes so if you just tell him and that you had a relationship if they ask but don't tell him right away let your date ask you questions if they want to know don't give out information that you were in a long term relationship and then it ended up bad and that you are insecure .and the window of opportunity shall come again for you I'm sure just like it does everybody else don't be afraid to fall in love live life and don't be afraid to take chances .

Last edited:
Hey - I feel it - sorry you are going through all this. The first big break up is devastating for everybody. And EVERYBODY experiences it and feels like their world is coming to an end. In my opinion, it takes some courage to admit ones feelings - those who cry tough are full of shit - and know damn well they were there once too so just ignore them. You will get through it, you will put it in the past - we all did. Try to stay strong, focus on your positive qualities. It's not about money or success! Anyone who is only after that is not someone you want in your life anyways. Forget them - betrayal is one nasty ass feeling - I know from experience. Find something positive to distract you - the moping doesn't help - besides, being happy is the best revenge - lol - even if you start out by just pretending! Seriously, find an activity to immerse yourself in and chances are you will meet someone you have something in common with - and who knows what might happen from there!

Yeah, life is tough sometimes. I don't mean to be cliché, but you gotta let it go. I've been down in a hole with a suicide attempt and a 2 1/2 year jail sentence. I know the difference is I asked for it and you didn't but hear me out. I thought that no matter what, there'd be nothing that will ever make me happy again. I thought I was subjected to living the rest of my life in darkness. My gf at the time rode with me through my jail sentence and she also cheated on me. She waited a month before I got out to tell me and then she was still hanging with him when I got out (we were also 'friends'). We broke up and I was homeless, my license was suspended for 2 years, no job, no money, felon, family was all mad at me and I broke up with my gf and I lived 5 states away from where I wanted to be. That was just four years ago. In four years time, once I learned to leave the past in the past (easier said then done, I know) and just fucking appreciate this life, things turned around. Not bragging by any means but I have my license back, I'm on my way to owning my house, have a car, job and I'm financially secure and seeking my Bachelor's degree (slowly but surely) and I've been able to buy a vacation to Japan next month. I don't even think about my ex. Matter of fact, she's married with a baby on the way, I was told by a mutual friend and though I hated her for hurting me for quite some time, I'm happy for her now. More importantly, I'm happy. I never would have thought I would ever be in this position at 28 years old after being in such a dark place for so long. Things change man. I don't know how old you are but at 28, I'm a different person than what I was at 25 and when I was 25, I was a different person than what I was when I was 21 and so on and so forth. This shit will be a chip on the sidewalk during a mile long stretch in no time. Keep your head up and don't take life so seriously. You have 80 years or so on this Earth. Don't let anyone steal any part of that from you. Keep your head up and PM me if you need to talk.
~Namaste~

When my ex and I broke up after almost 6 years of a relationship, it wasn't to hard for me. I mean even if she did start dating someone right away and then got pregnant that's fine by me. I'm sure if I can still remain best friends with her and get over that (which didn't take long) you can get over your issues.