• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin high

Shuhnaynay

Greenlighter
Let me start off by saying I'm sorry if I'm doing anything wrong lol I just became a member and this is new to me. I've creeped on here for years but I finally decided to post myself. Okay I took 1200 mgs of gabapentin a couple of nights ago and I liked the feeling. I have 2400 mgs and I wanted to take em with some crappy 325-5mg Vicodin (6 of em) I read that you shouldn't take all the gabapentin at once? Could someone explain to me how I should do this? Lol

I'll help you in a bit brother, but basically keep each dose reasonable, and you'll be fine.

And would you mind explaining how I can edit my profile lol I don't see a way to edit it. It just says "n/a" for everything.

And would you mind explaining how I can edit my profile lol I don't see a way to edit it. It just says "n/a" for everything.
I'll help you in a bit, PM me brotha, I got you! I'm far from phaded! If I just took some petins and Vic's, I'd easily be able to help you, especially since not even hundreds of mgs of hydrocodone will have me noddin'

Heyo shuhnaynay to maximize benefits of gabapentin it's best to have a solid meal before intake and wash them down with an acidic drink, fresh squeezed lemon in water is a winner. Also taking naproxen(Aleve) further increases bio-availability. Taking large doses beyond 900mg at once is wasteful due the fact the more you take the less is absorbed by your body so spacing doses by about an hour or two works well, also know that this particular and lovable med takes an hour plus to reach its peak effect so give it time. I'm prescribed 2400mg a day along with 120mg propranolol and 15mg mirtazapine but take only roughly half theses amounts of all three and am quite at peace with the world I'd previously need drinks/benzos/opiods/lemon balm etc.. to balance my act in life's journey. My pharmaceutical regimen for productive zen goes as such: 300mg gabaP, 40mg propranolol when I wake up then redosage of 300mg gabaP every 3-4 hours along with another 20mg propranolol or two in the afternoon then between 5-10mg mirtazapine two hours before I plan to be in bed. I'm 30yrs old male 150lbs and pretty sensitive to most meds side effects but after 15 years of test dummying damn near every substance n herbal remedy legal or otherwise this has me focused, talkative, positive, healthy and happy with minimal pain or anxiety. Best part is there all easy to get prescribed as not scheduled n covered by insurance. If ya just wanna get a high or buzz with the gabaP take 900mg as mentioned above then depending how you feel an hour later take 300-900mg. Also if your not feeling nausea then sip on some wine, good brew or have ONE maybe two max mixed drinks... A little booze goes a long way but can make for a great time in moderation when in gabas gentle grasp. If ya got any more Q's ask away.

Thank you so much for explaining all that lol I took 2400 last night and not too much happened. So it's gonna take me awhile to build up past that. I'm gonna try more today. I've been going through a shitty time so I'm just trying to escape from my own head for a little while lol

This subforum is reserved for trip-reports involving richer narrative. moving to basic drug discussion....welcome to the board. :)

ebola

I didn't even know gabapentin was worth a damn until I saw this post.
Last night I took like 2.4mg over three dosages, over two~three hours, and I have to say, hot damn, this was the most chill, gentle trip I've ever had. Tonight I'll try again to see how fast my tolerance builds up.

Some people really like gabapentin and some people feel it doesn't do anything for them. I'm prescribed 3.2g per day so I'm not sure if it would work for me recreationally, but it really seems to be a case by case, person by person experience. It is very difficult if not impossible to OD on gabapentin but as another poster said, anything over 900mg at a time is a bit wasteful as your body can't absorb indefinitely. Be safe and have fun!

To elaborate:
gabapentin is absorbed by active transport only, so the amount entering the bloodstream is severely rate limited. For optimal results, take 300 mg every 20-30 minutes, ideally on top of a small, fatty meal. For me at least, this was the difference between not even feeling 900 mg and achieving moderate-strength intoxication from the same amount.

ebola

^Yea. A carbonated drink works too.

There's really no problem taking them all at once, its just less of a high.

The max dose is 3600 mg.

There's really no problem taking them all at once

Well there is: you'll literally be shitting out more gabapentin; it's wasteful :p
But yeah, the overdose risk is near nil, so large attack doses aren't dangerous.

ebola

ebola? you've got it right^ For maximum absorption space out doses and take right after eating with an acidic drink.. 300mg every 30min works well to titrate towards a buzz but a bit of knowledge to all whom haven't yet figured out tolerance does build fast, i.e. if you go for a high dose two days in a row don't expect the same results day 2 or 3 etc.. wait a few days in between at least. I take them everyday and still get a nice lil calm rush by only taking 300-600mg at a time every few hours so as not to build a huge tolerance. Nerve pain and anxiety due to gaba deficiency or those suffering from erratic mental states will find this drug a winner. Sick of being a benzo/booze/opiate slave?? this could save you!

I've seen people with crazy tolerances to gabapentin!!! My ex-gf's dad could eat like 20 to 30 800's in one lick (Maybe three doses at once, fitting 20 to 30 of those pills in your mouth would be tough :( )
But over the course of the day, he would go fucking nuts!

I have had a serious oxycontin turned into oxymorphone habit and I can eat a few gabapentins and feel good all day long. It's weird, some people like them and some people don't.
My twin brother, who has the same problem as me, can't stand the buzz he gets from them. I personally enjoy it if I'm just doing sub.
So 2400 being 3 800's doesn't sound bad to me at all. I'm just throwing it out there.

But I find it crazy I can eat one or two and get that drunk, loopy feeling all day.

^luckyshot04^ The reason for his and anyones seemingly large tolerance to gabaP is that eating 2400mg or 7200mg at once is basically the same in effect towards feeling good with more side effects and a wasteful use of this drug since bio-availability is less then 20% when dosing of 2-3grams or more are taken, put simply the more you take the less you get as the doses rise higher. taking 600-900mg with food and acidic drink with your future doses if desired for recreation taken an hour or so later. Don't mix with lot's of boozing or downers though or you'll act like a clown then fall down.. Personal experience from being carried by the neck out of a bar last weekend by the bouncer for dancing with his gf..=half bottle of Port wine, 5 whiskey sodas, 2,000mg of gaba turned into super confident mojo that went well with ladies but not my ability to reason!

~Dose smart
feel Great~

Can anyone help me out!! I have gab. But I stoped using it I used to be on pain meds perc 10mg but I wanted off so my dr got me on subs I take very Lil sub 1-2x a day ( l__l ) < about that Big. So I stoped going to the dr for my med an it’s cheaper to get it off friends 2 subs a week. Well will taking gab on a higher dose like your talking about help with the symptoms I’m going to have the next few days? I can’t get any subs for 5 Days an I don’t have enough to last me that long?

Can anyone help me out!! I have gab. But I stoped using it I used to be on pain meds perc 10mg but I wanted off so my dr got me on subs I take very Lil sub 1-2x a day ( l__l ) < about that Big. So I stoped going to the dr for my med an it’s cheaper to get it off friends 2 subs a week. Well will taking gab on a higher dose like your talking about help with the symptoms I’m going to have the next few days? I can’t get any subs for 5 Days an I don’t have enough to last me that long?

Go ahead and check your private messages buddy. I tried my best to answer your question and give you a little guide regarding how to best use your Gabapentin.

I appreciate all you said. I'm 29 years old and have a rare form if a degenerative disease. They still have no name for it, but just treating me with methotrexate, Gabapentin, hydros, Duloxetine, and monthly infusions. They're treating me like I ONLY have arthritis and that's all they're treating me for. But, was told multiple times by the doctor that my body was going to gradually deteriorate essentially. Can't really remember his exact words, but that's what he was saying. So, I just wanted to take the time to thank you for taking the time to write your post. I'm sure it sounds silly, but thank you!!