• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin high

Ok so I normally take 400mg of gaba 3x daily. I've never experienced anything from it.
I'm having a rough time and just wanna escape for awhile. I currently have access to gaba, 4 10mg baclofen, 12 500mg methocarbamol, propanonal, weed, and some whiskey. I'm poor af right now so I don't have the money to go get anything acidic to activate the gaba and don't have anything to make a fatty meal.
I'm a 5'4" and overweight female with a high tolerance to pretty much everything. Anyone have suggestions on what doses or what to mix?

Yo im a gabby vet.. Definatly dont mix with alcohol unless u like having seizures.. Take 2400mg with a soda preferably cola.. Then wait a couple hours n dose 800mg until your in superman mode..?

I have ran out of my pain meds , Fentenyl patches and oxycodone. I have script for Gabby's. I followed the dose from You tube about Gabapentin for opiate withdrawal and I can't believe that it WORKED !!
Day three with no opiates and I am not going thru ANY WITHDRAWAL other than no energy. But that's come back some with allot of protein foods. Thanks

Gabbies just made me feel drunk and this was when I took the whole package (around 3500mg).

Yo im a gabby vet.. Definatly dont mix with alcohol unless u like having seizures.. Take 2400mg with a soda preferably cola.. Then wait a couple hours n dose 800mg until your in superman mode..��

There shouldn't be any reason for seizures. I'm just curious as to what information you're using when making this reference. I'm not saying bad shit can't happen, but epileptic seizure is pretty specific in terms of symptomology.

There shouldn't be any reason for seizures. I'm just curious as to what information you're using when making this reference. I'm not saying bad shit can't happen, but epileptic seizure is pretty specific in terms of symptomology.

Gabapentin is essentially an anti-convulsant. If you're not epileptic and you develop a tolerance to it, what do you think the withdrawal will be? It says right here that rebound seizures do happen.

^Right. But what you're referring to is withdrawal from the drug and what I was speaking of and it seemed you were originally, were the acute effects of the drug, as in, Gabapentinoids can induce epileptic seizures. There's no doubt that Gabapentinoids produce myoclonus in some people, in high doses, but this is not the same thing as an epileptic seizure. I'm not hating on you. I just want to make sure there's no confusion.

Yes, I interpreted "effects" broadly, including immediate effects and withdrawal effects. Basically, I said seizures likely can be a consequence of gabapentin use.

I'm wondering what experience others have had mixing these three medications. I have a ton of 300mg Gabapentin, 1mg lorazepam, and 25 MG hydroxyzine that I take Dailey as prescribed. Does alcohol have an effect on this combination and what recreational potential does this combination have?

I find it only works day 1 and 2 if you never use it.
I take 300mg every 30mins till I get to about 1500mg I once did two and half grams and felt like all my body was flying up.
It does have a hangobver though but is great for opiate withdrawal.
I do take pregabs witrh it thiugh but lower my dose of pregab if i do 200mg instead of 400mg but I have been on poregabs 7 years

Would a bacon sandwich and a glass of whole milk be a good meal to have before.
And also would taking vitamin c cause my stomach to be acidic.
And I have ibuprofen not naproxen?

You can take it with or without food. I prefer it on an empty stomach when I start taking it for opiate withdrawal. It really does work. Stops the legs from kicking especially. But first it relaxes the mind.

ALA21, I have the same as you: Degenerative bone disease with no name. I know this is a late reply; but does your regimen work well to control the pain? If so, I might ask my dr. to try the methotrexate out - because since he said it's degenerative, but doesn't know what variety, he's hesitant to rx any sort of medication for it - other than hydrocodone and gabapentin -all well and good, of course, but not controlling the pain STILL. What is Duloxetine? Are the monthly infusions covered by insurance? Sorry for all the questions. Your story sounds so similar to mine. Pain Sucks.

you take 300mg /30min and keep going till you reach the dose you want.. its an ok buzz its not a high.
For a high Pregabalin is MUCH more effective and has better effects n less side effects, but you could just search gabapentin theres a mega thread on it...

Last edited:
Gabapentin is essentially an anti-convulsant. If you're not epileptic and you develop a tolerance to it, what do you think the withdrawal will be? It says right here that rebound seizures do happen.
Tolerance ha. Fuck me ive taken wait forrr it..... 4,000mg today with about1000 pregabalin but eh its k i still got close to 290 pregabs left