• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine / MXE Thread - Part 16 - Sweet 16 mind-control machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what? I did some MXE today without any cannabinoids, because my lungs were getting to screwed up from smoking hash so I stopped since last night, and the MXE wasn't even enjoyable. I think it was the hash that was making me feel good mainly. MXE by itself isn't even that good. It just messes up my vision and coordination.
Not everybody enjoys it.
Half the people I know who've tried it say it's the shit. The other half couldn't care for it.

It's also quite unpredictable. Some times I get intense euphoria from it; other times it leaves me with a heavy, dirty feeling (and I'm talking about the same batch).

I have become very consious of and sensitive to everything that affects me negatively/positively. My diet in particular has become very tuned towards food that is very balanced in nutrition because if I don't eat the right thing I won't have a good trip. Sensory signals are also food in another sense, so many signals have been filtered out of my life while other signals are beacons of light, life affirmations that trigger a good path for the trip.
Water too, in a way the fact that MXE makes one drink a lot of water assists in the overall cleansing of the body as long as one keeps up- a gallon a day is the mark I shoot for daily, with or without MXE.
Considering all of these factors may help in understanding how some MXE trips are euphoric and revelatory while others feels dirty and uninspired.

Well I did take a rather low dose so maybe it's not as enjoyable at such doses because you're kind of in a middle area where you're not under the full effects. I was worried about getting too high so I was going easy. I also did it nasally, which is said to be the worst ROA. Anyway, it just seems to be better combined with other drugs, at least in the case of THC for me. Others seem to like combining benzos or alcohol with it. I think it tends to potentiate other drugs and/or other drugs potentiate MXE.

I don't get any euphoria or comfort from it. It's certainly interesting, which is the main reason I do drugs, but I'm not getting any pleasure from it like I would from weed, opioids, alcohol, etc.
Well I did take a rather low dose so maybe it's not as enjoyable at such doses because you're kind of in a middle area where you're not under the full effects. I was worried about getting too high so I was going easy. I also did it nasally, which is said to be the worst ROA. Anyway, it just seems to be better combined with other drugs, at least in the case of THC for me. Others seem to like combining benzos or alcohol with it. I think it tends to potentiate other drugs and/or other drugs potentiate MXE.

A while back i had a gram and dosed every day for about 10 days. Every trip up until the last day was maniacal, somewhat cold feeling and strongly psychedelic. I even had some bouts of paranoia here and there. I tend to really enjoy that side of MXE, but that last day when i had about two doses left, i decided to take both at once. I entered a completely new dimension.

Only then was I in an incredibly warm state of infinite universal love and understanding. I just lay sprawled out on the floor, being able to picture the entire Earth like a satellite in space, able to look down upon and an literally accompany my closest friends and loved ones from all different areas at once. I understood that no matter how far someone or something feels, everything will always be connected at its core, nothing can ever be lost. It was bliss, and strangely had no relation to the first 9 or so days of MXE.

I feel there are several plateaus to this drug, and they aren't necessarily linear like with DXM. It could be that MXE has a sweet spot, i often feel that if i boost my dose i can enter a new plain with a different type of clarity. I definitely agree that health surely plays an important role as well.

I feel that this state, you might call it the 'hole', holds the true value of MXE. It may be likened to taking a small dose of any other psychedelic, which can in many cases be weird and unpleasant, as the body and mind search for some type of solid ground in a strange state of confusion and chaos.

Funny you say that, I just came to the same conclusion a few days ago. I always wondered why I had a few trips that were pretty enjoyable but was unable to find the same enjoyment even from the same batch... I realized that all times that were enjoyable were when I had also smoked some weed. I recently picked up smoking again decided to trip and smoke a bowl, whaddya know, it was actually decent. I'm not a huge fan of MXE, in fact I kinda hate how dirty it feels but with some good weed it's a bit better. Alone it just feels bland, cold, and without euphoria ime... weed does a good job at "filling in the blanks".

I actually like MXE more without weed. Also of note is that I find 20-25mg nice, but nothing too special, but if I double that in a second dose after the first one has come on, it becomes much better.

Yeah idk what the deal is with MXE alone, it just doesn't feel whole to me at all. I get this feeling with alot of drugs, but MXE is probably the worst. I get zero euphoria, it feels cold and hollow, it's kinda manic, and it feels very dirty to me. I'm also not too crazy about dissos to begin with however, but ketamine has never had this problem. I guess I'm also just so used to poly drug using that I've become accustomed to trying to create an ideal, complete experience by adding and choosing what to mix for a more satisfying high.

Meh, either way we're all different... it is annoying however when people refuse to believe that someone can't like their DOC, MXE users tend to be on the extreme end with this behavior. 5-mapb users can also have this quality, different strokes for different folks people!

On the topic of rat data not correlating to human data... this is definitely true. One example would be MPTP, an impurity of MPPP that causes destruction of dopamine neurons leading to permanent parkinsons, has no effect on rodents. This means that had we studied this in rats before assuming it's safe for humans, this could have lead to a bunch of people developing parkinsons. Just a reminder that because something proves safe in rats, that doesn't conclude that humans won't run into any problems with the substance.

Last edited:
Set and setting maybe?

I found MXE to be most valuable in social settings, and believe it or not I even got a job while high on MXE during an interview.

When I'm alone (as I prefer to be as an introvert), I don't find this drug to be as valuable. I've also managed to never abuse this drug even though it has great potential for me to abuse it. That is the strangest thing ime.

Nope, it's the drug. I agree it's better with groups, but it's just a pretty mediocre drug to me. It seems like every time I come in here I paint MXE negatively so I'll stop... I don't mean to, people just need to realize that no drug is liked by everyone and those who don't care for a drug don't have to have a "bad batch" or something along the lines of it being anything but them simply not enjoying the drug. I love kratom, I love aMT, many find these two repulsive... everyone's got their taste in drugs.

Last edited:
I don't get how it could be social. It just makes me want to lay down and close my eyes.

For me it's more or less a shared experience rather than a "chatter a mile a minute" MDMA type social inhibition. It reminds me of the days I used to take DXM with a group of friends. It's a strange, goofy state to be in and it's kinda fun being with people on a similar level. MXE is also pretty stimulating for me which makes it more functional than something like ketamine... we're all affected differently though. I personally enjoy taking empathogens alone almost as much as with others, to many this is inconceivable. I also do nothing but sit around during the peak of an MDMA roll as I don't even wanna move or talk.

I don't get how it could be social. It just makes me want to lay down and close my eyes.
This happens to me every time I take it by myself in a secluded place, like home.

However whenever I have taken recreational doses in public, the exact opposite happens to me. I become relaxed and more able to talk to people I generally wouldn't want to talk to.

The thing is, I have to plan all of this to happen. So I dosed accordingly so by the time my interview actually started, the MXE was just kicking in. My mind set was already trying to go there, so the MXE freely will pushed me in that direction.

If it's the right dose, the meddling of social interactions completely changes the experience altogether.

I am a blabbering idiot when I am on MXE... I can try to play it off as if I were drunk but on MXE feel slightly more articulate than if I were drunk but my thoughts are very scattered. I can make complete sentences but the paragraphs make no sense. Where as when I am drunk, I can get my point across, I just dumb down my speech.

I like taking the mxe and watching TV or playing video games.

Is anybody else unable to find quality MXE???

I haven't had any good MXE since this past summer. The stuff that I can currently get is NOT the same. The high is dirty and unfocused, very heavy on the body load aspect but completely lacking of all the characteristics that define a good MXE experience.

I cannot hole on the stuff that I have. I have taken upwards of 200mg+ and still been able to walk around, talk to people etc. I know tolerance isn't a factor since I took a break from it for 2 months prior, and while I have a moderate cumulative dissociative tolerance, that absolutely cannot be the only thing going on.

I will compare the two batches. The GOOD MXE was crystalline, had a salty consistency and an off white (maybe a bit of yellow/brown) color. It burned very little going up the nose and tasted salty and almost kind of sweet. The effects were incredible, comparable to a 3 or 4 hour long experience on quality ketamine. 50-60mg with no tolerance was enough to enter a ketamine-like hole, and I have had experiences with high dosages that rival my deepest DMT trips in terms of intensity and utter alienness. This new stuff I have, the BAD MXE, is white and super powdery (closer to, say, powdered sugar than salt.) It burns horribly going up the nose and has a nasty, caustic chemical drip that tastes almost sour, and lingers for the duration of the experience. Effects only become barely perceptible at 50mg+ and is still pretty weak even at that level. It feels like a dark, dirty, grimy disgusting dissociative high, far more disgusting than DXM for example, but there are no CEVs or OEVs or OEBs or anything like that. Just a cold mild dissociation with very uncomfortable body effects such as nausea, double vision, vertigo etc. But there is no transcendent beautiful hole to be found here, and frankly I'm scared to push it beyond 200mg given how uncomfortable the body high was at that dose.

PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME that others are experiencing this as well. I remember before the UK ban, having quality MXE where 25mg felt like 50mg of very pure potent ketamine and it would give me all these lovely effects, first a transcendent hole-type experience (leaving my body and merging with the source) and then later a profound afterglow that would last 2 days to a week where it felt like the best antidepressant/afterglow ever. This new stuff has none of that, no afterglow, just a hangover.

I'm not asking for a source, I'm just wondering if quality MXE still exists. Anybody who would like to chime in with their experiences re: different batches, please feel free...

I know exactly what you're talking about when you say the salty MXE, and yeah that was the OG batch for sure. Super powdery stuff like you are mentioning, i've never seen in my life. There is good shard crystal MXE going around right now if you can find it, do your research. It doesn't quite pack the punch of the original salty polymorph, but it is real MXE and will get you where you need to be. I've never considered any powdery styles of MXE to be MXE at all.

Some MXE (no much, 20mg or so at best) + alcohol seem to be a nice combo suitable for social gatherings.
Also, MXE works well as an anxiolytic for me, so on very low doses it helps me with my social phobia.

A while back i had a gram and dosed every day for about 10 days. Every trip up until the last day was maniacal, somewhat cold feeling and strongly psychedelic. I even had some bouts of paranoia here and there. I tend to really enjoy that side of MXE, but that last day when i had about two doses left, i decided to take both at once. I entered a completely new dimension.

Only then was I in an incredibly warm state of infinite universal love and understanding. I just lay sprawled out on the floor, being able to picture the entire Earth like a satellite in space, able to look down upon and an literally accompany my closest friends and loved ones from all different areas at once. I understood that no matter how far someone or something feels, everything will always be connected at its core, nothing can ever be lost. It was bliss, and strangely had no relation to the first 9 or so days of MXE.

Interesting, because that's pretty much exactly what many people have described in NDE accounts. They zoom up to a point where they can see the whole earth, and the interconnectedness of all things is also prominent. Does this mean that dissos can replicate the early parts of an NDE? Looks like it. The difference with the NDEs is that after they get above the earth they start traveling through space past the various planets etc. The part about them going through a tunnel to a bright light is also absent in the MXE experiences. Maybe the early part of the NDE is produced by the brain. Of course there's a possibility that the whole thing is a construction of the brain, but then there are a lot more things involved in NDEs and also some people who have had them have had their physical ailments miraculously healed or are saved from permanent death by an entity physically pulling them out of the situation, like a drowning person being pulled out of the water and then nobody being around. Anyway, this isn't an NDE forum so I'll leave it at that.

I'm baffled by the amount of varying quality of MXE people report. I have only had one batch ever, and it's pre-ban.. It's COMPLETELY white, even after all these years, and has only a slightly bitter taste to it. I would also say it's more powdery than crystalline. This stuff has holed me with only 40mg.

I can definitely tell the differnce between the pressed mxe, the salty crystals and the powder.

the pressed stuff seems to be the most powerful, the salty/crystal is the most euphoric, and the powder just sucks.

In my experience phenomenologically, the arylcyclohexylamines act as antennae within the system. The molecules makes for radios tuning into their local field of energy as they circulate through the medium, and our receptors pick up on that, and consciousness builds a form through all of the channels, quantum coherence and such. All the differently formed batches of MXE all have different tunings in this sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.