• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine / MXE Thread - Part 16 - Sweet 16 mind-control machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where has this kidney thing come from? I'll read the studies later but when it come to aryls they rarely corredent to humans, ala the whole onleys thing...

i remember the older batches of mxe when it first came on the scene made pEople urinate with that chemical irritation feel .....quite the same way good ketamine does ..but it was some potent stuff 90mg enuff for a good hole

It would stand to reason that high doses of most any unstudied compound on a daily basis would be concerning to ones health......I would think that if you are doing this you are for surely asking for health problems

Until then stop the nonesense chatter that just drives up rumors and useless debate! Sorry if that's harsh but it's simply how it is!

If you don't want to discuss it, don't. But I don't see the value in spamming the thread with the same point over and over. You've made your point already, and you don't get to decide what other people are allowed to discuss. Polymorphism exists, whether you like it or not. Is it a factor with MXE? I don't know, but a study confirming or denying it is likely a long way off. There's still very little information about much more well established drugs out there. I'd just like to hear information from people whose experiences indicate it's a factor. It's not proof, but with such a poorly understood chemical I think it's worthwhile to talk about. If you're going to require scientific studies 100% confirming every point we might as well delete the majority of the threads dealing with RCs.

On the subject of the mice study, I found in this article the formula for converting animal doses to human. Using the conversion factor for mice, which I worked out to be 0.081, we multiply it by 30 (the dose in mg/kg) to get 2.43 mg/kg. Taking 80 kg as an average human male's weight, we get a dose of 194.6 mg.

I'm not really sure what you're doing here. As far as I know, there's no simple formula to convert pharmacological data on mice to human data. There's too many factors for that to make sense. This article is the first I've seen with a simple formula and I'm not sure I entirely understand the context. Does anyone else have further knowledge on this?

From what I've read, including in the article on MXE you've linked to, MXE is likely quite similar to ketamine with regard to organ toxicities. Obviously more data is needed, though. I do agree that if you're taking 200 mg every day you're asking for trouble, but really we just don't know yet what the actual consequences would be.

Ahh it appears you'll never get it, I'm throughly open to the discussion but I hate to see how it's all every thinks. When facts are void all it does is stand to provide baseless rumors that are self-puperting. Oh well, I really don't care either way about this sort of stuff. I take it your a newer user or you would have seen this sort of jaragon in many, many threads. It's useless until proven until then it's a rumor based that gets everyone in arms. I've seen the "Oh my MXE was different so it must be something else" for ages. People experience everything differently and that there is simple fact. Sure MXE has been sold as tiltamine and so on and so forth. Discuss whatever you'd like, it's your freedom too. I keep saying I'm trying not to come off as harsh but I happen to be a realist. Show me the study proving but until then..! Many threads were filled with this sort of useless jargon even after proven different due to the up in arms nature. Either way <3 my brother!

Oh and your off base fella many established and newer RC's have studies abound!

Hate to be a party pooper, but you're adding to the useless chatter yourself with every response you give him...

We really do need more science injected into this debate. Here, anyone interested in the mechanisms of consciousness and how anaesthetic drugs modulate/reduce/eliminate consciousness temporarily should be considering the research of Stewart Hameroff and his Orch-OR theory: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orchestrated_objective_reduction
Hameroff's website is http://www.quantumconsciousness.org
This may help us to understand that there are many processes in the brain that cause these drug effects that we don't understand.

Just check around a of the PCP but suffice to say their completely different beasts with a lot of differences. Check about Erowid for more information. Simply do a comparison of MXE's effects versus PCP and you'll see what I mean, also wiki is a great resource!
I have done. On paper they look pretty similar - the main difference in effects seems to be that MXE is a dopamine-reuptake inhibitor and PCP is a dopamine releaser.

I would be interested to hear about the subjective differences in effects from somebody who has taken both. Does PCP really feel that different to MXE?

I do know i did a lot of MXE through a 12 month time span, coupled with a lot of booze and never had any ill effects, no dehydration, no flank pain, no nothing but greatness and awesomeness

MXE use 100mg spaced throughout an evening 2-4 times a week for a year......the 100mg is an app.....i never weighed it, just "dipped"...i guess looking back it could of been 200mg

I do know i did a lot of MXE through a 12 month time span, coupled with a lot of booze and never had any ill effects, no dehydration, no flank pain, no nothing but greatness and awesomeness

MXE use 100mg spaced throughout an evening 2-4 times a week for a year......the 100mg is an app.....i never weighed it, just "dipped"...i guess looking back it could of been 200mg

It is odd that no heavy users have reported kidney problems. I guess cases would have popped up by now if damage did occur. I have read a couple posts about people having pain in the kidney region but they were by people who had previously used ketamine. Maybe it's not a major concern. The metabolites are supposedly water soluble so they should be easy to excrete.

It is odd that no heavy users have reported kidney problems. I guess cases would have popped up by now if damage did occur. I have read a couple posts about people having pain in the kidney region but they were by people who had previously used ketamine. Maybe it's not a major concern. The metabolites are supposedly water soluble so they should be easy to excrete.

It's not odd if you read the article I posted. There may be relevant factors not figured into the formula you used: differences between rats and humans that complicate data conversion. It's possible ~200 mg a day doesn't cause any kind of organ damage in humans. Until more studies are done we can't be sure.

It's not odd if you read the article I posted. There may be relevant factors not figured into the formula you used: differences between rats and humans that complicate data conversion. It's possible ~200 mg a day doesn't cause any kind of organ damage in humans. Until more studies are done we can't be sure.

It was mice rather than rats, but I know that animal results don't always correlate to human results. I guess until a few cases of confirmed damge in humans are reported it appears that MXE is not anywhere near as damaging as ketamine, whose metabolites precipitate as insoluble blobs which block tubules. Interestingly, they found precipitated ketamine metabolites together with cannabinoids in one case. So it looks like combining cannabis with ketamine would be a bad idea. I don't know if the cannabinoids were worsening the problems or just happened to get trapped in the ketamine metabolite blobs but it's a possibility.

I think its most likely that these potential problems are linked to dehydration more than anything. Mxe while doesn't feel very dehydrating, I think its one of the most dehydrating substances that I use personally. Perhaps even moreso than empathogenic stimulants even though it doent necessarily feel like it.

Of course, I have no scientific proof . .

I think its most likely that these potential problems are linked to dehydration more than anything. Mxe while doesn't feel very dehydrating, I think its one of the most dehydrating substances that I use personally. Perhaps even moreso than empathogenic stimulants even though it doent necessarily feel like it.

Of course, I have no scientific proof . .

You're right. It makes me very thirsty.

You know what? I did some MXE today without any cannabinoids, because my lungs were getting to screwed up from smoking hash so I stopped since last night, and the MXE wasn't even enjoyable. I think it was the hash that was making me feel good mainly. MXE by itself isn't even that good. It just messes up my vision and coordination.

That means you probably have good MXE then. It's really best for deep trips at night in the dark laying down with music, not as much for daytime activities like walking and coordinating. Although some people including myself tend to enjoy that aspect of it as well. It's a very different drug depending on when and how much you take.. many faces.

You know what? I did some MXE today without any cannabinoids, because my lungs were getting to screwed up from smoking hash so I stopped since last night, and the MXE wasn't even enjoyable. I think it was the hash that was making me feel good mainly. MXE by itself isn't even that good. It just messes up my vision and coordination.

Funny you say that, I just came to the same conclusion a few days ago. I always wondered why I had a few trips that were pretty enjoyable but was unable to find the same enjoyment even from the same batch... I realized that all times that were enjoyable were when I had also smoked some weed. I recently picked up smoking again decided to trip and smoke a bowl, whaddya know, it was actually decent. I'm not a huge fan of MXE, in fact I kinda hate how dirty it feels but with some good weed it's a bit better. Alone it just feels bland, cold, and without euphoria ime... weed does a good job at "filling in the blanks".

Ehhhh I don't know about that jason7, MXE is definitely one of the best feeling chemicals I've ever tried, no matter the dosage. I'd hypothesize that since the synergy between cannabinoids and MXE is sooooo good that you've gotten yourself accustomed to the feeling of the two, so going back to just MXE is lackluster.

I am finding that I enjoy it after I am done with everything I need to do for the day. At about 930pm I crack a 750ml beer, take 2mg of etiz and bump 20mgs of MXE and float off into abyss. I have ZERO hangover the next day. I have no urge to use it during the day or when I have shit I have to get done, more of like a night cap for me.

I like to add the etiz/etoh to take off the slight psychedelic introspective anxiety that MXE gives off.

Interesting anecdote regarding potential psychological benefits: my lady friend and I acquired some quality MDMA pills. We took them at 11pm and at about 5am, we were starting to feel a bit fried, I offered her 12mg of pressed MXE to try to take the edge off. I took the other 12mg mxe - I had CRAZY closed eye visuals but nothing out of control. I felt like I was in a full on dream every time I closed my eyes.

She had a bit rougher of time. She was complaining of feeling tense, so I gave her a low does of asprin, which helped immensely. She also had a psychedelic breakthrough. She is not very experienced with psychs and was having a bit of a hard time when the MXE was taking her mind for a ride. I was able to help her through it and talk her out of a bad trip. It was not the most fun experience for her and I felt pretty bad.

Afterwards, she did not seem too pleased about what she went through but she said she made some serious "self improvement" steps on her MXE journey. It scared her while she was under the influence but she said she feels amazing now and has really come to terms with some things she had hidden deep down in her mind. She also said that because of the MXE trip, she will never touch coke again (which she had a decent habit and wanted to kick it for some time). She never wants to touch MXE again but is very positive about the things that came to light while she was under the influence. Her overall mood is greatly improved. Crazy.

I don't get any euphoria or comfort from it. It's certainly interesting, which is the main reason I do drugs, but I'm not getting any pleasure from it like I would from weed, opioids, alcohol, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.