Site Feedback Why is Bluelight ashamed of the Lounge yet not ashamed of The Shrine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So lets make this public....

Havoc? What is the bullshit you have caused in the Lounge? People can't even post without waiting for it to be approved?? How is this not creating drama and havoc?

I am simply asking why the Shrine is not a secret subforum, yet no one has answered me.

This isn't for fun. I am the voice of reason because no one can accuse me of being a loser. I am the model of a successful mentally healthy drug user. I am my brother's and sister's keeper.

I'll ask you nicely again will you please reverse the merging of the initial thread until the questions are answered.

busty. i've already answered your questions. every beta has issues. name me one tech gadget or video game that was released without tech issues. why should bluelight be held to any different standard. it's a beta. once the post approval issue has been ironed out, everything will revert back to normal. you keep bringing up the shrine. one is a cemetery to commemorate users who have passed away and another is a "not suitable for all audiences forum". think of it like a nightclub, a gentlemans club, a brothel, whatever you like to do when you're methed/coked out. an invite only place that not everyone wants to be a part of.

you are the best. a model citizen and a poster boy for a healthy drug user. happy?

i will not reverse the merge because

a - i deemed it fit that all these queries regarding the lounge are merged into 1 thread (i know, you're a special little boy but give me a pass on this one).

b - i don't want to

havoc, you know perfectly well that you're using this as an opportunity to create more drama. i'm happy to continue to answer all questions but when they become repetitive they're counter-productive and it gets tiresome and boring for me.

ps - i cleared some inbox space for you. because you're just that special.

Think I give a shit that they're 'hiding us away'?

lol I don't fucking care. The fact the forum is now private means we can say almost whatever want without being infracted.

How is this a bad thing?

not exactly everything. but that's the idea. to be less strict. i agree with you though. senior staff are shit if we over moderate the lounge, but when we go for something that lets loungers get less censorship there are still complaints. people just want to complain over anything.

i'm telling you:

who moved my cheese

Think I give a shit that they're 'hiding us away'?

lol I don't fucking care. Now that the forum is private means we can say almost whatever we want without being infracted.

How is this a bad thing?

As long as we have good mods though.
Have the forum like this with a mod like kenickie was....
So it can be a win/lose situation

My understanding, which I have stated several times, which I'm sure is true, is that any fun drama that escalates to argument that escalates into reasoning is law.

Law is out of the hands of Bluelight no matter what any staff or member does. Only the government can change the schedule of drugs.

The only logical control the volunteers here have is closing threads and archiving them. Hence the rule "no legal conversation."

This is why allow archived posts to be deleted, then there is no argument to be had with a member against staff.

Then its all really a waiting game as redtape moves from state to federal regarding local laws and funding for clinical trials.

:)

I'm glad the Lounge can no longer be lurked. It will set very straightforward boundaries which will cut probably 60 percent of the conflict here on Bluelight.

Good choice staff.

@ One Thousand Words
-My guess is that elements of the site that are controversial cannot be changed over night due to the longevity of existing. As laws loosen up, and governmental funding increases, Bluelight's ability to enforce and clean up what was best for the time but not great now, strengthen.

IF a section is so bad that we have to actively seek to join it because of its content - then simply remove it and be done with.

I lurk the lounge on a daily basis as some of the threads are really good fun - I simply ignore the threads that do not interest me and the homophobic, racist, vile comments.

Its nice that all the irritating impulse threads I spoke on have been cleaned out of my "subscribed threads" automatically.

You know what joining Bluelight + the sketchy forums every so often reminds me of....? That scene in Idiocracy where they hand him two things and say one goes in your butt and one goes in your mouth but they forget which is which. lol.

thermometer.jpg

no one can touch your thread subscriptions. i merged two of your threads regarding "site affiliations" into 1. because all they really need is 1 thread and they certainly don't need admin attention.

Okay cool, thanks for cleaning that up.

But no, every "lounge" thread I've made a post in, ever, is gone from my subscribed threads. I didn't do that.

not exactly everything. but that's the idea. to be less strict. i agree with you though. senior staff are shit if we over moderate the lounge, but when we go for something that lets loungers get less censorship there are still complaints. people just want to complain over anything.

i'm telling you:

who moved my cheese

We are complaining because our friends can't post without someone riding their dick like some white cop on a black mans wedding day. They can't edit their posts nor can people who enjoy reading the lounge, but don't want to post even lurk.

Beta, alpha, zero. Try getting your shit sorted before you implement such wide ranging and totally disruptive changes. I'm okay because I'm a crew member and for some reason I don't have to bow down for permission to post.

You ask for patience but how long have we waited for any of you tech fucks to fix Bluelight Mobile? Having some ghetto rigged link in support telling you how to use the full site is not a fix, and it has been this way for over a year. Why exactly should we have any faith that you even know how to fix things? Your track record of incompetence is not exactly filling me with confidence.

no one can touch your thread subscriptions. i merged two of your threads regarding "site affiliations" into 1. because all they really need is 1 thread and they certainly don't need admin attention.

Does that mean that every single "random pictures" thread has been deleted??

no. i may have misunderstood your query. all former lounge thread subscriptions may have been removed as a result of the new usergroup.

We are complaining because our friends can't post without someone riding their dick like some white cop on a black mans wedding day. They can't edit their posts nor can people who enjoy reading the lounge, but don't want to post even lurk.

Beta, alpha, zero. Try getting your shit sorted before you implement such wide ranging and totally disruptive changes. I'm okay because I'm a crew member and for some reason I don't have to bow down for permission to post.

You ask for patience but how long have we waited for any of you tech fucks to fix Bluelight Mobile? Having some ghetto rigged link in support telling you how to use the full site is not a fix, and it has been this way for over a year. Why exactly should we have any faith that you even know how to fix things? Your track record of incompetence is not exactly filling me with confidence.

Grow the fuck up. It has been explained to you that this is a 'short gap measure'. The Lounge is not for everyone's liking - should Bluelight have an 'Enter at own risk' policy on a sub forum (I personally don't think so). Am I going to get my hairy ass hairs in a plait because of this - NO. At the moment (and as already explained) until the powers at B can come up with a better strategy IF you want to access the lounge - click to apply.

Is this so much of a hardship?

Please do not link the deaths of the people in EADD with this. (Just don't)

*Edit* Just saying, I have applied and I will be pretty fucked off if I don't get accepted :D (I love seeing how many times faggot can be used in one post)

No use is promoted? What a load of horse shit. It might suit your legal defense to cry that bluelight doesn't promote drug use but we are all here because we use, and want it to be done safely.
I wasn't clear enough or you misunderstood. The site isn't here to promote drug use, rather the 2nd part of your quote -to use safely.

I also disagree that overdoses are inevitable. I have been a member here since 2001. Back then this was a place for fellow ravers to talk shit before the weekend and talk about shit that happened on the weekend. We fostered drug use in a responsible manner, calling out irresponsible and down right dangerous habits. If someone was consuming stupid amounts they were knocked down quickly. Herion was even discouraged.
They're inevitable when drugs are legal or illegal. Hell, they're inevitable in prison. People are fucking idiots and kill themselves accidentally or by choice, with drugs or whatever else.

Now I accept things will grow and change but I cant accept moderators throwing their hands up and giving up. Even worse is preventing people for voicing a negative opinion because someone's feelings might get hurt. You can't call someone a junkie scum because it has negative conitations? Well stop acting like junkie scum and thinking that being an addict is a normal accepted existence.

Once again I ask why are we not using our community to track the harm being inflicted and who should be held responsible when the senior staff fail its members?
No one is giving up and this thread, as well as the one in Announcements, is proof that they aren't silencing negative opinions. As for accountability for what happened, well, it'll be interesting to see if anything gets done.

Busty is 1000% correct imo. Basically Arci you are underestimating the laziness and apathy and lack of attention span of the average drug forum poster. I was hoping you were being sarcastic but I underestimated your ability to be out of your element

I agree with the question.

I imagine having association with MAPS helped to push this. Not to say the site didn't wish to provide HR before, but with the association with MAPS, and with MAPS receiving support from elsewhere, I imagine this kicked it up a bit (maybe... I dunno).

At least, the Shrine has a respectful attitude overall. To hide it also, might be like we are being dishonest. Or that we are ashamed. If we are, just let it be out. Let this show. The lounge? Well, I kind of agree with the mods on why they did it. It already had a "post at your own risk" caveat.

I think the shrine is the most effective method of harm prevention
In fact it should be required reading prior to any other site navigation
Drugs are bad mmkay

Busty is 1000% correct imo. Basically Arci you are underestimating the laziness and apathy and lack of attention span of the average drug forum poster. I was hoping you were being sarcastic but I underestimated your ability to be out of your element

Droppers I don't think you realize how stupid you actually are, and that the majorty of lounge posters think you're a douchebag

lol seriously idk who you're trying to defend. You guys are getting worked up because you can't post for one day it's sad. Just shut the fuck up already and get off the internet, take a breath. Or go post on your gay ass forum 'The Pub'

I knew you were a loser that posted on multiple different forums. That Pub forum is probably just a bunch of white trash dudes like yourself

Post us a link to 'The Pub'

God just saying the pub makes me feel like a flamer

Last edited:
I agree with the question.

I imagine having association with MAPS helped to push this. Not to say the site didn't wish to provide HR before, but with the association with MAPS, and with MAPS receiving support from elsewhere, I imagine this kicked it up a bit (maybe... I dunno).

At least, the Shrine has a respectful attitude overall. To hide it also, might be like we are being dishonest. Or that we are ashamed. If we are, just let it be out. Let this show. The lounge? Well, I kind of agree with the mods on why they did it. It already had a "post at your own risk" caveat.

I'm actually starting to get a bit wary of MAPS and that ivory tower they're building.

"The path to hell is paved with good intentions."

Status
Not open for further replies.