The Lounge now a hidden subforum

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yall made the lounge private but each post has to be approved? This is melting me.

I like the private move but it makes zero sense to have a mod approve each post since it's already a private forum. Hoping this is just a fuck up, like giving us all access to the staff forums (which, again, was pretty damn fun).

You should prolly fire your web developer.

it says the group is available for me to join, but when I choose join group it says

This does not appear to be a public user group.

Tbh I can see why this was done and I do not think what the lounge is should even be on this site as it is more akin to a place like 4chan. If there is some way for the main posters to find another similar site that is a better fit that would be the ideal but I do not see that happening tbh. Also with no new poster to ever be added to the lounge it will just stagnate and whither and die, I appreciate them at least trying to keep it around, but I just dont see it working. I am gonna transition back to rivals for my shit posting, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for this place

i think it's because theres so many guests browsing

has anyone talked to a lounge mod and see what thehyy had to say about this?

Tbh I can see why this was done and I do not think what the lounge is should even be on this site as it is more akin to a place like 4chan. If there is some way for the main posters to find another similar site that is a better fit that would be the ideal but I do not see that happening tbh. Also with no new poster to ever be added to the lounge it will just stagnate and whither and die, I appreciate them at least trying to keep it around, but I just dont see it working. I am gonna transition back to rivals for my shit posting, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for this place
relax theres a bunch of other forums on bl

but which one will the lounge rats migrate to?

To keep tl well populated, There will be occasional invitations for new users to join TL after its briefly set to public mode. To prove they are worthy, they will be required to insult Nurse, post nudes, or shoot up on cam. . . Or piss in their own mouth like a goat.

it will just stagnate and whither and die

I'm assuming that is the point.

This really is a very poorly run website. These people take this place extremely serious, which is totally fine because bluelight does a lot of good. But they do nothing to keep it's members informed, which is unfortunate.

RIP lounge

I think they should rename the Lounge to the Hive and put a picture of a crappy little gas station next to it.

God dammit another of my forums dead another 5 years wasted 22k posts to never be seen again is there no archive ?

Tbh the plan was to kill tl then alll the "lounge rats" go to other sub forums and destroy it then eventually bl will be all one big lounge

Tl.org

I suggested years ago to make it accessible(read and write) only to the BLer usergroup. That didn't go through and we just made it that you had to be in the usergroup to post, but it was still readable to everyone.

I'm not sure why a complicated opt in and get approval was ever implemented, apparently without testing permissions before going live.

The one benefit of that is forum specific bans, though. But, that goes against the notion of being able to behave everywhere.

My suggestion would somewhat address the stagnation problem, which I think is a valid concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.