• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

Holiday Recipe Thread 2014-2015

Mariposa

Bluelight Crew
Happy Holidays, Bluelight. <3 Why haven't we had a recipe thread in here yet?

I'll start with what I did for Thanksgiving. My friends really enjoyed this preparation. I used a turkey breast; the recipe for the glaze, I'll describe below can be applied to a whole turkey.

- 1 meat thermometer
- 1 turkey breast (fresh is breast, pure BL, right?)

GLAZE:

- 2 onions (Walla Walla onions are what I utilized)
- 1/2 cup butter (real butter - no margarine)
- 1/3 cup sherry
- Liberally sprinkled paprika

OPTIONAL:

- Poultry seasoning
- Garlic
- Additional tarragon

Place the bird in a steady pan after glazing. Add your own spices, if you would like - tarragon always goes well with poultry.

Bake at 375F about 2 hours. Check on the bird and baste with pan juices. You might or might not need a meat thermometer - when in doubt, use one. (If the juices run clear, you're good, if they don't, you're not.)Save the pan drippings for gravy. That's the next recipe... :)

Please share your favorite recipes here.

this year im doing this

Crispy-Prosciutto-Cheesy-White-Lasagna-1.jpg

http://www.halfbakedharvest.com/crispy-prosciutto-cheesy-white-lasagna/

Crispy Prosciutto Cheesy White Lasagna

and too much other stuff that i will post one by one nice and slowly

My favorite consumermas cookies:

You will need a lb or so of good dates, powdered sugar, flour and butter.

Soften and cream together:
1 lb butter
1/2 lb cream cheese

Blend in 2 1/2 Cup flour and about 1/4 Cup powdered sugar.

Chill overnight (or at least an hour). Sprinkle a layer of powdered sugar onto a cutting board. Roll out to 1/4" thick, adding more powdered sugar each time the dough starts to stick. Cut into strips slightly less wide than a date.

Place a date on a strip of dough and roll up to coat the date. Continue with more dates until you've used up all the dough. ( the ends of the dates will stick out slightly and cause people to say, "Are you serious? Are you making Pigs-in-a-blanket?? Just smirk at them and continue on calmly.)

Bake on a foil covered cookie sheet in a 375 degree oven for about 11-14 minutes until just browned on the bottom and golden on top.