Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(MXP / 300mg) - IV - Very experienced - Goodbye, cruel world :(

crOOk

Bluelighter
EDIT: If you plan to go down this road, please read my first post after this one. There is some information in it on how I evaluate the effects and my reaction to them which should be of crucial interest to those considering to willingly dive into madness by similar means.

So, I've recently taking a liking in IV MXP. A quote of mine from the Big and Dandy:
I disssolve 250mg MXP, 2mg 2C-E and 150mg citric acid in a mix of 10% Ethanol, 30% PG and 60% water.
[Note: Skip the citric. It doesn't help solubility. Someone wrote it did, but it doesn't.]

When I inject this mixture intravenously it puts me in a state of perfect serenity. I have never experienced anything like it. Be careful - this is unexplored territory. I would not advise anyone to do this. It's just that I have never experienced such utter peace and serenity before. I'm absolutely astonished. I don't think I've ever felt this good in my life. Obviously, there is huge potential for abuse.

This is what I did yesterday. Once more I felt fantastic. 5 hours later I took off for a social gathering with the staright-edged. Everything felt right. The 2C-E was lingering. I had a great time. There was red wine and there were waffles. The night was spent indulging in the variety of culinary pleasures offered to us and talking to the other guests, most of which I faintly know through our common friend, an interesting mix of intelligent and loving people with varying cultural and academic backgrounds.

I had three glasses of wine throughout the night and no cannabis, so I came home more or less sober. Immediately I go over to preparing the remaining 300mg MXP for IV use, this time without 2C-E!

I inject the whopping 7ml of liquid. I was in for a surprise...

I cannot give an exact account of the events that occured. I could not put them in chronological order if I wanted to. In fact, I could not put anything in chronological order anymore. Not the events of the day and not the events of the past year or the 30 preceding years. I had done it. I was gone. I began watching myself from a 3rd person's perspective. The world around me was spinning and came closing in on me. I became a prisoner of my broken mind.

Everyone was there to see the pitiful scrambled mess I had become. They were standing in my mind saying their goodbyes. I was the last inhabitant of an island in my brain that was soon to drown in an ocean of insanity.

The threshold was crossed. The shell of rationality was splint into layers, soon diverging, soon melting away.

The balls were rolling, the walls were turning and so was I. Not anymore was I was the director of my body, the fundamental forces of the universe took control over me yet again. I was doomed to a life of insanity.

But wait - I am not insane. I am possessed by a demonic entity. Yes I know this all too well from the movies. I speak in tongues. I am lifted into the air. Now I'm here, now I'm there. I am crawling on the ceiling. Soon the christians would arrive. Exorcism was inevitable. These ghosts did not mean well with me. The battle had begun.

Goodbye cruel world. Hello insanity.

It had happened.

There was no turning back now, no way out, no escaping the fangs of this monster. Where was I? When was I? Why was I? Was I? I want to dive into the sea. I want to enter the sun that gave birth to me. I have merged with the universe.

I need a piss. Usually that's a call from reality that reminds me of where and who I am. The piss went fine. Yet insanity followed me.

I better lay down and sleep. Tomorrow I might be fine. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my psychiatrist. Shit. Why did I come here again?

Fast foward 7 hours. I wake up. Hello cruel world and fuck you. I'm still here, you're still here. I am me and you are not. I never had a doubt in my broken mind I would be coming back, that you and me would shake hands again. I am not the same person I was 12 hours ago. I gained another peek into the depths of my mind. I don't feel too well. It took an hour to find the syringe. I'm back. Yes, I'm on safe grounds. Never had a doubt in my mind. Thank you MXP, that was a wild journey.

This protocol is recommended to those who want a peek into insanity. You can't come any closer to the most severe of schizophrenic states than this. Diphenidine can do it, too. I've never had a schizophrenic episode (only very short transient schizophreniform states), but I am still familiar with psychosis nonetheless due to an extremely long lasting major manic episode I went through. I've read countless first hand accounts, books, reports and biographies on the topic. Insanity fascinates me. I've been in severely delusional states before. I've always had a romance with psychosis, I've always been afraid of it's touch. I have friends with schizophrenia. I had seen insanity in peoples' eyes long before they had their first episode.
Whether you take my word for it or not: These two substances are as close as you can come to schizophrenia. Give it a go if you dare. It can be very unsettling and it can take some time to recover. It can also be of religious value.

The birds are chirping, the leaves are whistling softly. The sun is shining. It's a beautiful day. I take a deep breath. Inhale. Exhale. I'm alive. I embrace life. I'm going for a walk.

Last edited:
Nice report, man. Well written, straight to the point. Hope your appointment was revealing. If you compare the different ROA of this substance. How would you rate them in terms of intensity/duration of the experience (and after effects) ? Obviously IV should be the most intense. But is the character totally different than let's say intranasally ?

Short version of the long explanation following below: I am certain that most people would consider this a total nightmare aka bad trip.

Nice report, man. Well written, straight to the point. Hope your appointment was revealing. If you compare the different ROA of this substance. How would you rate them in terms of intensity/duration of the experience (and after effects) ? Obviously IV should be the most intense. But is the character totally different than let's say intranasally ?

Thank you and yes, that is correct. I have only taken it orally once and four times via intravenous injection now. I got into a very meditative state through the oral dose which was 150mg if I remember correctly. Diphetidine has taken me into some very bizarre states orally so I would assume that you can also reach states very similar to the one I was in when taking diphetidine's 2-methoxylated counterpart orally.

BUT... Maybe I did not make this entirely clear, but I have the strongest doubts that the state I describe in this report is something you seek. I personally know no one who would be up for it.

What happened here was hardly just due to the 2-methoxy-diphetidine. I had an episode before my brain broke which I would not characterize as psychosis, but as the strongest type of dissociation I know. It was very very similar to those hole states I have only experienced a couple of times on PCP (of over 100 experiences) and relatively frequently on ketamine, maybe once in every five to ten full-on k holes. While these very particular effects dissipate I become aware of my surroundings again. Opposed to that I usually become aware of the surroundings right after the hole on regular journeys.

Now this time when I finally recognized my surroundings, my brain just couldn't experience what was happening anymore, it broke. I became full-on psychotic and lost control over my body which was actually moving around on the bed as if I was possessed or had a simple focal frontal lobe seizure (I don't have epilepsy, never had seizures) or some other very bizarre neurological disorder.

This was very scary and soon I had my brain slip into most dreadful delusions about being possessed by a demonic entity. This absolutely dreadful and nightmarish feeling is very characteristic for these psychotic breaks, including the one I once had on mushrooms. They are entirely unlike what I experience when I am manic, suffer stimulant psychosis or am in regular (full-blown) k holes.

I am convinced that these things were a reaction to the effects instead of the direct effects of the drug. They were very scary and confusing, I could see them causing people to do some very stupid shit. It would also be severely disturbing to an observer, unless he is educated about the possibility of this happening and is very experienced with such drugs and/or mental illness.

I have taken dissociatives a few hundred times now and have vast experience with psychedelics, usually in dosages that let me experience the full spectrum of effects. However I only slipped into the described state by similar means three times in total. I've never seen anyone who crossed this particular threshold and consider the experience to be extremely negative in nature, in fact so negative that it was usually the last time they took the respective class of drugs.

I am somewhat different in that respect I'm afraid and have throughout time taken an interest in it. But my positive attitude about it stops there. The experience isn't pleasant, but still remarkably exciting. It has already burned itself into my memory, probably for the rest of my life. It has limited religious value and is interesting from a neurophilosophical point of view to me personally, but on the other hand I am the only one I've personally known who would seek the state.

Do you think I should edit the report, so the things I explained become a bit more apparent? I really wouldn't want anyone repeat this if he isn't absolutely certain he can endure such a nightmare and come out fine. I think my brain is just very resilient by now and could therefore recover within 24 hours, but anyone who has latent schizophrenia would most definitely trigger his first episode. As arrogant as it may sound, I don't think there are too many people who will manage to integrate this experience within such a short amount of time.

Regarding the appointment, thank you, it was relatively productive. I get the deluxe treatment with weekly psychotherapy and on-demand short-notice psychiatrist consultations though, so one appointment isn't really crucial to my well-being. I am meant to stay in this (integrated care) program indefinitely, making use of it as much as the team and I feel is beneficial at the respective time. The best thing about it is that it's all entirely free of charge. :)

Last edited:
Love the part about the piss, just a perfect smack of perspective on the individuality of the experience, just this like "all in all, I've just been sitting in my room for 3 hours staring at my nintendo controller" kinda thing.

Love the part about the piss, just a perfect smack of perspective on the individuality of the experience, just this like "all in all, I've just been sitting in my room for 3 hours staring at my nintendo controller" kinda thing.
Yeah totally, not too different if video games were full-on insanity. I hear you though. ;)

God I can remember my first piss on ketamine vividly. It was 8 years ago, but it seems like it happened yesterday. ;) With my dick dangling over the empty trash can and me observing the urine magically stream out of it while wondering just what the hell is happening.

Last edited:
Since this experience really lead me to do some thinking as to what happened inside my brain and I would also like to give you an idea of why these state was so fascinating to me, I'd like to lose a few words on similarities between the state I triggered to known medical conditions. All of these conditions either involve dysfunctions of NMDA receptors, the frontal lobe or feature symptoms classically associated with frontal lobe dysfunction. I will mostly quote from wikipedia and journal articles, but will skip listing most sources since it's just too much work. It can all be found online though. ;)
The listed symptoms and features are very selective and incomplete! Many symptoms overlap between conditions.

This is a brief summary of the physiological function of the frontal lobe which is part of the cerebral cortex:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontal_lobe#Function said:
The function of the frontal lobe involves the ability to recognize future consequences resulting from current actions, the choice between good and bad actions (or better and best), the override and suppression of socially unacceptable responses, and the determination of similarities and differences between things or events.
The frontal lobes also play an important part in retaining longer term memories which are not task-based. These are often memories associated with emotions derived from input from the brain's limbic system. The frontal lobe modifies those emotions to generally fit socially acceptable norms.
Psychological tests that measure frontal lobe function include finger tapping, Wisconsin Card Sorting Task, and measures of verbal and figural fluency.
Reduce this to a single statement and you will yield something like: The frontal lobe is the chief executive officer in charge of the brain. :D

Since NMDA receptors are insanely complex, I will just give a very rough outline of their function:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NMDA_receptor said:
The N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (also known as the NMDA receptor or NMDAR), a glutamate receptor, is the predominant molecular device for controlling synaptic plasticity and memory function. Like nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, they control an influx of cations which is in both cases mediated by ligand binding.

Organic damage to the frontal lobe:

- Examples: Tumors, vascular hypoplasia, aplasia or malformations, ruptured blood vessels, arterial occlusions, other tissue malformations, traumata etc.
- All of these conditions can also be a cause Frontal Lobe Epilepsy, but some symptoms will manifest without seizures.

- An infrequent effect is that of reduplicative paramnesia, in which patients believe that the location in which they currently reside is a replica of one located somewhere else.
→ As you might remember I mentioned that "I [was] crawling on the ceiling". I actually observed my bed from up there and felt that I had switched position from down on my bed to up on the ceiling in an instant
→ I also reported "now I'm here, now I'm there" which was based on the impression of quickly alternating between various locations and the sense of these switches overlapping.

- Emotions that are felt may not be expressed in the face or voice. For example, someone who is feeling happy would not smile, and his or her voice would be devoid of emotion.
→ Most of you have seen people intoxicated by dissociatives and will know their expressionless empty stares very well, even when they are aware of their surroundings.

Simple frontal lobe epilepsy OR psychogenic (non-epileptic) seizures:

- The two diagnoses are very hard to differentiate without imaging techniques and since I showed symptoms most common with both states I will just group them together:
- Seizures occurring in these regions of the brain may produce unusual symptoms which can often be misdiagnosed as a psychiatric disorder, non-epileptic seizure or a sleep disorder

- During the onset of a seizure, the patient may exhibit abnormal body posturing, sensorimotor tics, or other abnormalities in motor skills
- Tonic posture and clonic movements are common symptoms among most of the areas of the frontal lobe, therefore the type of seizures associated with frontal lobe epilepsy are commonly called tonic-clonic seizures.
- Complex automatisms like kicking and pelvic thrusting
→ I was turning around on my bed in a very bizarre and unsettling fashion, without having control over my movement ("the walls were turning and so was I"). The whole body seemed to be involved, especially the lower part of it.

- Dystonic motor movements are usually the first symptom in Frontal Lobe Epilepsy episodes where they are quite brief and do not affect consciousness.
→ I indeed remained conscious during this brief episode which seemed to begin sometime around the time the involuntary body movement started.

- Repetitive vocal outburts
→ I was "speaking in tongues"

- The person no longer behaves like him or herself; planning for the future, judgment, decision-making skills, attention span, and inhibition can decrease drastically in someone whose frontal lobe is damaged
→ Parallels should be pretty obvious here. Especially my ability to rationally evaluate the situation was severely impaired.

- Motor symptoms of seizures in the medial frontal, cingulate gyrus, orbitofrontal, or frontopolar regions are accompanied by emotional feelings and viscerosensory symptoms.
- Fear is associated with temporal and frontal lobe epilepsies, but in FLE the fear is predominantly expressed on the person's face whereas in TLE the fear is subjective and internal, not perceptible to the observer.
→ Fear set in very abruptly as it would during a seizure. There was a specific moment in which i realized my "brain broke" which caused a great deal of fear, as did my explanation attempts (demonic affliction, irreversible batshittedness).

- Geschwind Syndrome
→ See below for a thorough evaluation of the link between the dissociative experience and what has been coined 'Geschwind Syndrome'

Autosomal dominant nocturna frontal lobe epilepsy::

- Very similar to simple focal frontal lobe epilepsy, but a genetic pathogenesis has been identified.

- Clusters of nocturnal motor seizures, which are often stereotyped and brief (5 seconds to 5 minutes)
- A minority of individuals experience daytime seizures
- They vary from simple arousals from sleep to dramatic, often bizarre, hyperkinetic events with tonic or dystonic features.

- Affected individuals may experience aura.
- Retained awareness during seizures is common.
- Fear is a very common occurence
- Psychiatric comorbidity may occur

- I mostly mention this illness because of the distinct pathomechanism of the disorder compared to Frontal Lobe Epilepsy. It is caused by gain of function mutations in genes which code for nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunits. This leads to a hyperactivity of these receptors which in turn causes NMDAr modulation and increased dopaminergic activity in certain areas of the brain. In fact, α7-nAchRs and NMDArs form a complex through protein-protein interactions. Both are critical for some critical neuronal processes like LTP and LTD. It's just something to keep in mind because it shows how the causes for very similar symptom complexes can vary while still sharing downstream pethomechanisms. The exact nature of the interaction between NMDArs and nAchRs are still subject to speculation. Enlighten me if you know more.
- It is worth noting that while I am on antiglutamatergic dissociatives I become extremely sensitive to nicotine. It will simply (functionally) throw me back in time to when the dissociative effects were still much stronger to the point of me diving off into a hole again after it had seemingly ended. This further hints at an intricate relationship between nicotinic acetylcholine receptors and NMDA receptors.
- Some forms of psychosis can be treated successfully with antagonists to α7-nAchRs.
- Ketamine's metabolites show inhibitory activity at the α7-nicotinic acetylcholine receptor which may contribute to the clinical effect of ketamine.
- Both Dizocilpine and PCP have binding sites on nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, the former being a non-competitive inhibitor
- These and a number other findings sufficiently indicate an involvement of nAchRs in the dissociative experience

Cotard delusion:

- Central symptom is a nihilistic delusion which is the conviction of an object or a concept being non-existant

- The most common nihilistic delusions concern body parts or the entire body (86%)
- Another common delusion denies the own existence (69%)
- Guilt is present in 63% of patients
- Hypochondriacal delusions are very common (58%)
- Delusions of immortality occur in 55% of patients

- Depression is reported in 89% of subjects
- Anxiety is present in 65% of patients

→ This type of delusion seems only distantly related to the posted experience and it isn't too closely linked to frontal lobe disorders either, but I still think it is of interest since it seems to be a common theme in very stressful drug experiences. It also commonly co-occurs with depersonalization which I find is deeply linked to the dissociative experience (more on that later) and depersonalization disorder.

→ The symptoms remind me a lot of how people often explain their psychedelic and dissociative experiences. The theme of 'having died' is probably the most common interpretation seen in the most severe and subjectively overwhelming intoxications with said substance classes
→ I had a very striking feeling of being observed by loved ones from inside my brain which caused a great amount of guilt or was caused by it. "Everyone was there to see the pitiful scrambled mess I had become." were the words I chose. This feeling accompanied the entirety of the experience before the full-on psychotic break occured. I apparently came to the dreadful realization I would never return reflected by "They were standing in my mind saying their goodbyes."

→ While I am far from being an expert in the field, I (and many others I guess) have strong doubts about Cotard delusions actually being a clinical entity of it's own with a specific pathomechanism. The brain regions involved are subject to variation and it co-occurs with countless psychiatric and neurological disorders. I personally look at it as a subconsciously fabricated delusion which serves the self as an explanation to a variety of difficult to integrate psychological phenomena. Generally, the temporal lobe seems to play a larger role than the frontal lobe, this much has been shown.
In fact (this goes a little off topic) I would go as far to describe all psychotic hallucinations and delusions as being an expression of a huge number of experiences which are of such emotional gravity, are so alienating, scary, pleasant or plain fascinating that the mind starts to come up with explanations that it can entertain, however strongly they are in opposition to how the world around the delusional person explains them (usually with a broken brain).
This could be the delusions of being the messiah, voices forcing their version of the truth into your ear, the assumption to have died, the idea of being possessed, the creeping feeling of the world having turned against yourself (which it obviously really has in most cases of acute schizophrenia!), the list goes on and on. Each of these can be explained as an expression of their underlying distress and if you ask me, the way the vast majority of modern psychiatry (as big as a fan I may be of the meds) explains delusions and hallucinations is a fucking tragedy. One day we will laugh about it and I really hope to be able to contribute to that. I already do as a patient lol.

Depersonalization disorder:

- Depersonalization disorders are conditions that involve disruptions or breakdowns of memory, awareness, identity, or perception.
- People with dissociative disorders (which depersonalization disorder is classified as) use dissociation, a defense mechanism, pathologically and involuntarily. Dissociative disorders are thought to primarily be caused by psychological trauma.
- Depersonalization disorder often co-occurs with Cotard syndrome, deja-vus and reduplicative paramnesia.

- Sometimes misdiagnosed in patients with frontal lobe epilepsy
- The regional cerebral blood flow ratio is decreased among patients with dissociative identity disorder in the orbitofrontal region bilaterally. It is increased in median and superior frontal regions.
- Can be a reaction to organic brain damage (see organic frontal lobe damage section above)

- However, and this is what makes this condition so interesting, frontal lobe involvement is not a necessity for depersonalization to occur (but usually can be observed) which hints at an overlapping with downstream processes of other disorders I listed.
- Even more remarkable is the fact that depersonalization disorder commonly co-occurs not only with Cotard syndrome, but also with deja-vus und reduplicative paramnesias!

→ As a child I experienced frequent mild depersonalization without ever having seen a doctor about it, often coupled with an intense sense of deja vu. The state reminded me of (or was identical to) a state I experienced in a specific type of recurring nightmare. The nightmare was so strange in nature, that I still lack the words to describe it today. It was characterized by two forces battling and me being caught in between.
Now, over 20 years later I experience this state again, first on diphetidine, then on 2-methoxy-dipehtidine! I have described it in detail in the Big and Dandy Diphenidine thread. I could willingly step in and out of the state. This was profoundly impressive to me, since it showed how similar processes are apparently involved in both depersonalization as well as the dissociative experience. I cannot stress enough that this state was essentially identical to the one that haunted me in my dreams and the much milder one I experienced during waking hours.

Neither Ketamine, nor MXE, PCP or DXM or any other dissociative have ever allowed me to enter this state (despite hundreds of experience), but it has occured frequently on diphetidine and 2-methoxy-diphetidine. To me this is absolute proof that diphetidine has a novel mechanism of action and no pharmacological paper could convince me of this not being the case, no matter how hard the authors would hammer their case! Unfortunately I am not aware of much research being conducted on the two substances. They have however been shown to show differences in action to dizocilpine.

First manifestation of Anti-NMDA Receptor Encephalitis:

- Behavior changes are a common first symptom. These changes often include increased agitation, paranoia and psychosis
- Other common first manifestations include seizures and bizarre, often rhythmic, movements mostly of the lips and mouth but also including pedaling motions with legs or hand movements.
- Some other symptoms typical during the disease onset include impaired cognition, memory deficits, and speech problems (including aphasia or mutism).
- The symptoms usually show as psychiatric in nature. In many cases, this leads to the illness going unnoticed.
- It is important to note one distinguishing characteristic of Anti-NMDA Receptor Encephalitis is the concurrent presence of many of the above listed symptoms. It is extremely unusual that patients have only one or two symptoms- the majority of patients experience at least four symptoms with many experiencing six or seven over the course of the disease.
→ There really isn't much left to say here. Pretty much all these symptoms occured during my experience and many can be commonly observed in intoxications with antiglutamatergic dissociatives.

-As they recover, many will have symptoms of frontal lobe dysfunction (poor attention and planning, impulsivity, behavioral disinhibition, memory deficits), which improve over months.
→ Go figure! :D

Schizophrenia:

- Obviously I cannot give this psychiatric diagnosis the amount of attention it deserves, so I will limit myself to pointing out some features of schizophrenia

- Because many of the problems that patients with schizophrenia have involve the regulation of their behavior, the regulation of their perception of their cognitive apparatus, the ability to organize behavior so that it fits the contextual environmental context – these functions which are thought to be served by the frontal lobe suggest that the frontal lobe is not really working that well in schizophrenia.

- Compromised signaling through the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor has been linked to positive, negative, and cognitive symptoms of schizophrenia.

- Studies in postmortem brain have identified altered expression of several structural and signaling molecules of the postsynaptic density (PSD), including the abundantly expressed protein PSD-95, which binds directly to NR2 subunits of the NMDA receptor and regulates its trafficking, membrane expression, and downstream signaling.

- The density of the GAD67+/NR2A+ (the latter is an NMDAr subunit) neurons was decreased by [~50%] in schizophrenia. These findings raise the possibility that glutamatergic innervation of inhibitory interneurons via the NMDA receptor in the prefrontal cortex may be selectively altered in schizophrenia.

- A lot of this has really been established and there are many striking abnormalities in the prefrontal cortices makeup of schizophrenic patients, eventhough a direct causative relationship between NMDAr's and the changes seen in the frontal lobe are a matter of ongoing debate.

Demonic possession:

- Obviously not a medical diagnosis, but it still would be the most plausible explanation for my symptoms in most cultures (and so it was for me, at least I alternated between that conviction and the classical 'I have gone bad shit theme')

- Apparently some shamanistic cultures explain psychotic states as being a sign of great distress due to a person being afflicted by ghost like entities and finding himself inable to cope with the situation. Overcoming the psychosis marks the birth of a healer and psychotic breaks are therefore viewed as one of the most fortunate events in the life of a person. Truly a very interesting subject! Additional literature: http://themindunleashed.org/2014/08/shaman-sees-mental-hospital.html
- Science dominated societies really are the only institutions which deny the possibility for a person to become possessed by independent beings. A book I read on this listed many dozens of cultures and religions which view a number of phenomena during which a person loses control over his body as an expression of possession by spirits, ghosts, angels, demons or gods. Sometimes this is considered fortunate or necessary, other times it becomes a collectively celebrated event (very similar to the ecstatic dancing we can see at psychedelic festivals), while some religions view it as intrinsically bad (e.g. catholicism).

-Possession was my explanation as well and has been twice before during and after similar events. At least I alternated between the 'demonic entity theory' and the 'clinical nutcase explanation'. Interestingly one of those 'possessions' happend during full-blown mania while I was at a Dead Can Dance concert in a sleep-deprived state, without drugs being involved. The experience was ecstatic and mystical in nature and I explained it with being possessed by benevolent ancestral spirits instead of demons. The first time it happened on DMT and ketamine in a group of people who saw me suddenly start to dance in a bizarre robotic fashion while remaining seated, I interpreted this as some undefined entity, likely a ghost, neutral in nature and taking control of me cause I'm high as fuck. Afterwards I had the sense of having become psychotic and never returning for a very short amount of time before the DMT wore off.

This leads me to...
The frontal lobe's involvement in Geschwind syndrome and it's proposed role in religious experiences:

- Geschwind Syndrome, also known as Gastaut-Geschwind, is considered a personality disorder that is characterized with five primary symptoms:
- hypergraphia
- hyperreligiosity
- atypical sexuality (usually hyposexuality, but sometimes patients present with hypersexuality)
- circumstantiality (unnecessary details and irrelevant remarks cause a delay in getting to the point)
- intensified mental life
→ Let's just look at me during the experience and during the days after the experience:
→ Hypergraphia: Check. This thread should be more than sufficient to demonstrate that I present this symptom
→ Hyperreligiosity and Circumstantiality: Check. The obvious demonic possession explanation I suggested to myself; The conversation to my friend the next day during which I had some profound revelations covering neurophilosophy, physics, metaphysics and how the knowledge in these areas in combination with the whole of my experiences forms all my religious beliefs. I was so excited during this conversation that I at times had difficulty breathing. The circumstantiality was extremely apparent that night, eventhough you might not find that much of it in my written words.
→ Intensified mental life: Check. Well... Do I have to elaborate on this?
→ Atypical sexuality: Check. I've experienced hyposexuality for 2-3 days after dissociative experiences, especially after MXE and Ketamine use, but on the other hand I get insanely horny after using pcp, diphetidine or 2-methoxy-diphetidine, moreso than on any other drug out there. I actually went to see a whore one day after using MXP which I have never done before in my life. Definitely worth it though.

- These symptoms present themselves in association with patients that have a certain kind of epilepsy called temporal lobe epilepsy. Personality changes seen with people with TLE are chronic not acute. Changes in personality develop and become more noticeable over time. The symptoms are interictal, meaning they occur between seizures.
→ If we look at the dissociative experience as an event similar to a frontal lobe seizure and keep in mind that Geschwind syndrome occurs between seizures, there's a good chance that common neurological processes are involved in dissociative intoxication and temporal lobe epilepsy.

- When a Christian speaks in tongues (glossolalia), there is a decreased amount of activity in the prefrontal cortices. Since the frontal lobes are utilized for attention focusing tasks; a decrease in neural activity leads a glossolalia practitioner to feel like they have less control over their actions.

- Religious experience can be replicated using magnetic fields: the sensed presence of a 'Sentient Being' can be reliably evoked by very specific patterns of weak (<1microT) transcerebral magnetic fields applied across the temporoparietal region of the two hemispheres. Dr. Persinger from Laurentian University, found that 80% of healthy non-religious people will feel a sensed presence within the room if you stimulate a person’s temporal lobes with magnetic fields.

- Every medical student is taught that patients with epileptic seizures originating in the frontal lobe can have intense, spiritual experiences during the seizures and sometimes become preoccupied with religious and moral issues even during the seizure-free of interictal periods (Geschwind Syndrome).

- There are hundreds of case reports and multiple studies which support this pattern of frontal lobe seizures triggering religious experiences

Now, I have yet to go into detail between the molecular processes which above listed phenomena and diagnoses share with the dissociative experience, but I am convinced there are plenty. The understanding of dissociatives' pharmacodynamics and the entailing downstream processes are highly likely to facilitate a better understanding of both the illnesses I listed as well as the physiology of the human mind as a projection of neurological processes (or could neurological processes be merely a projection of our immaterial minds?). This gain in knowledge should be reciprocal in nature which is why I think we should at least pay some attention to the obvious similarities and overlapping we can observe between known phenomena and illnesses instead of focussing merely on the drug pharmacodynamics alone despite the possibility that we can see common patterns in the listed pathophysiological processes and those effects caused by a drug.

Hoping for some input, but not expecting any. In fact I'd be more than content if a single person even bothers to read this rant. :D

<3

Last edited:
Ok well I get ^^^^ that the drugs can resemble (physiologically and physically) those diseases, but what is your point exactly? That those drugs can be used to better understand the diseases? hahaha sorry if I lost it in the midst of that cargo ship of information

Ok I was really just ranting there. I'm extremely surprised you seem to have read through it. :D There wasn't any real point I had been aware of before I started. Some of the illnesses did not need to be listed and they're probably just noise in there. What I was really trying to do was come to terms with what initially looks like a simple psychotic break (which obviously is not the whole story).

And I did come to terms with it to soem degree. I don't really believe this was merely a psychotic break, but neither have I attributed as much religious value to it as I have done after two other such experiences years ago.

The experience still left a massive lasting impression on me though. I am puzzled that despite the preceding episode of deepest dissociation, there was a moment that felt as if a switch was layed over and instant psychosis ensued. I'm at a loss to explain what happened there, but it has happened before, both on drugs and during a psychotic episode.

The involuntary movement is very impressive in case you've never witnessed or experienced it. It's just something worth looking at from another angle, past attributing all the effects to the drug.

We've always known about the similarities between some particular psychological states and dissociate experiences. PCP, Disocilpine, Ketamine and it's relatives have been known to act as "psychotomimetics" for quite some time. I used to be dissatisfied with this term since I didn't see that many parallels between the two. Now I'm dissatisfied with the term because the dissociative experience shows so many similarities to other neurological conditions as well.

I mean, come on: (Psychogenic and simple focal) Frontal lobe seizures? Geschwind syndrome? The parallels are just too obvious to ignore, at least to me they are. But hey, maybe this type of incident is very unique to my own mind and a much rarer sight than I currently assume.

But whether there is a point or not to the post, while writing I came to realize that it is not unlikely at all that I had a (pseudo?) seizure after all.

Additionally, I have been profoundly impressed by diphetidine and it's 2-methoxylated counterpart's property to send me into this oh-so-familiar state that I've went through many times throughout the first decade of my life, but which then became lost until now.
I had come to the conclusion that I was suffering a mild case of derealization disorder years ago. You have to realize how personal such experiences can be, odd states with altered perception, recurring dreams I cannot put into words and nobody to explain any of that to you, no parent, no teacher, no doctor and no friend. I can not suppress the desire to look for answers if I wanted to.
Then suddenly, along comes a drug and you happen to be able to willingly 'step in and out' of this mind boggling state, after hundreds of experiences with other dissociatives had never allowed it to happen.

So yes, these two compounds seem to elicit unique effects that I would now describe as a strong sense of derealization, as is seen in non drug-induced derealization.

So in summary:
- It was a rant. The point only developed during this rant. I can think much more freely when I write, associations come easier (arguably too easy at times, making me seem manic, delusional or irrational, I am aware of that!). I also simply had what the medical world refers to as 'hypergraphia', the uncontrollable desire to write.
- The points that crystallized out through this rant where the following:
- The experiences I've made a couple of times which could easily be looked at as many other things, were in essence functional 'psychogenic seizures' or actual '(simple focal) frontal lobe seizures'
- This is supported by the mystic nature of the experience, the paramnesia, the vocal outbursts and the dystonia, but also by the text book Geschwind syndrome that was triggered (which that post is an expression of)
- Cotard syndrome seems to be merely a way to deal with difficult to integrate experiences, as shown by it's prevalence in dissociative disorder and the most difficult psychedelic and dissociative experiences

Regarding the Geschwind syndrome, I am lead to believe that this isn't an isolated incident. I have people seen become what many would view as psychotic, irrational, delusional and most importantly manic after dissociative use, especially if it happens regularly.
We usually attribute this state to an affective high alone (hypomania/mania) and the parallels are indeed obvious. Due to this happening even to those who are not bipolar and due to the mystical nature of the state, the complete congruence of symptoms (at least here, but I've seen it in others), I suggest that the dissociative experiences shares a lot of downstream processes with frontal lobe seizures.

Don't get me wrong, I am not at all convinced of the suggestions I made. If nothing else, it's food for thought to myself. If anyone can contribute to it or plain disagrees I'd be very happy. There are not many people interested in this who at the same time have indulged in these altered states themselves. I've never seen any of it suggested in journal articles, very psychoneurological researchers experiment on themselves and often have difficulty making sense of the visible and reportable symptoms they see in patients.
I am also impressed by the many symptoms expressed close relationship betwee

The text also doesn't really yield any profound scientific insights, but it might be worth looking at what happens on a molecular level. You never really know what insights you gain out of seeing such parallels anywhere in life. It is simply worth noting and more constructive using my energy like that then in many other ways (e.g. injecting drugs lol). This whole thing will probably have me reading and thinking for years to come.

It also of both religious and neurophilosophical importance to me you could say. It's interesting to see how consciousness handles such extreme states and how it remains intact despite some very basic brain functions being temporarily dysfunctional. It reinforced my belief that consciousness could be looked at as not being something that allows us to interfere with our actions, but simply something that allows us to observe our actions, but also something that gives the illusion of us being more than an observer. It could just be a type of energy that accompanies life, like the light and warms given off by a lightbulb, which seems so intrinsic to the function of a light bulb, but really is just an entropic side effect of what's happening inside the wire.
- Similarly, our consciousness could essentially just be a type of energy given off by whatever energy transfers and conversions that happen in our nervous system.
- Maybe our bodies move through more dimensions our consciousness can experience being a prisoner of time.
- Maybe all consciousness is indeed connected, but inable to observe this due to it's very nature.
- Mabye certain drugs allow us to unleash the powers of consciousness, but it still taps in the dark due to not being trained to handle the impressions of higher dimensions
- Maybe that is why I experienced myself in multiple places at once.
- Maybe that is why during schizophrenia the individual sometimes perceives himself as existing in multiple places at once or having switched identities with someone else.
- Maybe that is why there is a loss of ability to perceive time as linear on dissociatives.
- Maybe an interconnectedness or unity of consciousness on higher dimensions is why we can experience ego death through the use of psychedelic.

Maybe, you know? While part of this has been a dim presentiment to a better understanding of my existence, I never had these ideas before this particular 2-methoxy-diphetidine experience. I hope it has become more apparent why I went through such great lengths in an attempt to explain what happened to me. I'm also hoping to gain some insights through hearing other peoples' ideas on these issues. Not really expecting that though, I was mostly trying to come to terms with the experience and integrate it into my understanding of myself and the world around me. If anyone else bothers to read and finds an interesting thought or observation in there, well that would be a positive side effect of what I am considering might be something very closely related to Geschwind Snydrome.

All that aside the part of me that isn't drowning in hedonism and drug abuse still wants to become a psychiatrist, so I look at these insights as something that will eventually distinguish me from future colleagues in that it allows me to better understand what patients are going through and how to approach them. No text book in the world can replace that.
Already my experiences with mania and schizophrenia have allowed me to a (subjectively) much better understanding of psychosis than most psychiatrists I've talked to about it. The fact that people are still strapped to the bed and medicated with neuroleptics that cause akathisia (still extremely valuable, lifesaving medication) shows how much is wrong with modern psychiatry.

Without my experiences with psychosis both in me and my closest friends enables me to look at psychotic people as people with a well functioning psychological core underneith the scrambled mess that the state of their consciousness and communicative abilities would suggest, a core that is desperately trying to cope with the dissonance around it. It allows me to respect them as human beings instead of looking at them as former human beings whose brains are broken, as is such a common sight in psychiatric institutions.
I want to gather as much experience with mental and neurological illness as I can, so it can aid me just like my chronic pain has aided me in my ability to empathize with pain patients I've treated as a physical therapist in the past.

Geschwind just won't leave me be, will it? :D Off to the loony bin now, hope I'll seem half way sane. Was considering to take olanzapine to slow my mind, as is probably expected from me in this state (I can dose it as needed, since my psychiatrists are tired of the challenge that surround medicating a patient that is well-reflected and knows his shit, eventhough I show an exceptionally high level of compliance).

Last edited:
Hahaha wtf awesome dude, ya i wasn't tripping or anything just thought I might have read it wrong.

Uhhhh ya you definitely know your shit hahahaha sorry if it was lost on wasted ears but damn you keep doing what you're doing (or not).

Fuck religious experiences if anything this is evidence against the existence of supernatural instances because it displays the power of the human mind to work against (or with maybe?) itself. Crazyyyyy shit yo.

Ha I'm glad one person is enjoying these ramblings!! :D

Your ramblings look interesting, I'll read them if I find the time :) Anyway, You used to be a big fan af diphenidine, now that you've tried 2-meo-diphenidine, which one do you prefer?

I totally agree that the names are retarded, but I don't think you will have any succes in changing them now. MXP is particularly daft, because it is what the aminophenyl or aminopropyl analogs of MXE should have been called, imo.

And yeah, by the way, do you feel like diphenidine or 2-meo-diphenidine have any effect on DA/NE/SERT?

And yeah, by the way, do you feel like diphenidine or 2-meo-diphenidine have any effect on DA/NE/SERT?
I really couldn't tell. All I know is that I've fallen asleep twice on the latter. They both felt a little stimulating than K, but nothing major. I would guess (!) it does not cause significant NE/DA activity. They stimulate me about as much as MXE does, but it all vanishes when the dose is high enough in my experience.

All primarily serotonergic drugs I have taken have some very characteristic side effects, be it antidepressants, empathogens or psychedelics, despite their completely different mechanisms of action. I can't spot any of those here. It's no guarantee these two drugs aren't serotonergic, but I would assume that if they are, the effect is neglible.

What I say in respect to pharmacodynamics should not have much value in terms of your decision making, it's all wild speculation.

now that you've tried 2-meo-diphenidine, which one do you prefer?

I think I prefer the methoxylated compound. I just couldn't lay down on diphenidine unless I took monstrous doses. I also don't experience that irresistable urge to redose on the 2-methoxy-diphetidine. It's still there, but I feel it's not as bad. I also have no managed to IV diphetidine, eventhough the onset is extremely quick when I take it orally, around 15-30 minutes when I mix it with a little propylene glycol and polysorbate 80 and then stir the emulsion into milk before chugging it all down.

I took some ketamine the past 2 days and was actually wishing I still had some 2-methoxy-diphetidine. I used 150mg racemic K IV 2-3 times each night. The first injection is easy (obviously), but after that it all goes to shit. I would sit there during the entire comedown feeling and softly pushing all my veins to find a suitable spot, occasionally going for it and usually ending up with a bloody mess or some extravasal solution. It's just pitiful. I even fucked up an IM injection yesterday rofl. I forgot I even performed one, but came back to find a huge subcutaneous lump on my leg. Really really awful. While I still love ketamine, I just don't need to redose on MXE, 2-methoxy-diphetidine or other longer lasting dissociatives (PCP is great smoked anyway). 2-methoxy-diphetidine also has a much more pronounced 'mind-fuck' component to it than ketamine has. The visions may not be as vivid on it and the euphoria might be less intense than on k, but the crazy shit I've experienced on the diphetidine and the methoxylated derivative are just uniquely insane. Unmatched.

Last edited:
Thanks for answering :) I have a gram of diphenidine, and I might give 80 mg oral a try one of those days. Was just wondering if I should get a gram of the 2-MeO-diphenidine as well, but I think I'll just try the diphenidine first.

I totally get that any thoughts on pharmacology will be just speculations. I was just asking because I see people reporting that 2-MeO-diphenidine to be stimulating at times.

I cannot confirm this. I found diphetidine the more stimulating of the two, but neither were all that stimulating. When I take 30mg amphetamine I can be up for as long as 30h of full-on stimulation. On this I could just fall asleep. I think the reasons why people perceive this as considerably more stimulating than other dissociatives are
A you remain functional unless you go for superhigh doses
B there is some degree of euphoria leading to excitement

I could even fall asleep the two or three times I mixed this with 2C-E (same shot). I've never felt asleep during the plateau of any phenthylamine intoxication, psychedelic, empathogenic, stimulant, on none of those. Maybe my brain just works differently in this respect.

I guess everyone is different. I can´t see any amphetamine working for 30 hours. Unless you redo it.

Always does for me. I never crash either. I've used it daily for 2 years and I've been using it intravenously too (not daily though), so I know the substance very well. I do however get tired for 3-7 days after a long period of abuse and this continues to a much smaller, almost neglible degree for a few months. I won't ever get how amphetamine is as addictive to some people as they report. I have bipolar disorder 1, probably adult ADD as well (cannot really be diagnosed with bpd1) so maybe that is part of it. Pretty convinced it is actually. The first few hours on amphetamine I am usually really calm, but the stimulation is kicked up a notch after 6 hours or so.