View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT Thread - 2nd MiPteration

Solipsis

Bluelight Crew

Welcome to the Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT (Miprocin) Thread (Part 2)

>> to the previous thread <<

Miprocin.png

miprocin, 4-hydroxy-N-methyl-N-isopropyltryptamine

wikipedia said:
4-HO-MiPT (miprocin, 4-hydroxy-N-methyl-N-isopropyltryptamine, hats) is a synthetic substituted aromatic compound and a lesser-known psychedelic tryptamine. It is thought to be a serotonergic psychedelic, similar to magic mushrooms, LSD and mescaline.[citation needed] Its molecular structure and pharmacological effects resemble those of the tryptamine psilocin, which is the primary psychoactive chemical in magic mushrooms.

external links:

A few posts from the previous thread:

Ego loss can also be a profoundly beautiful experience. I've experienced both terrifying and peaceful, beautiful ego loss, and both of them are important experiences to me.

Haha, indeed, I don't look to get my ego obliterated often. It's just too...much of everything. I've had chances to try dmt, but I saw a friend freak out, start crying and bang his head against the wall, so I was like, "nah, I'll pass."

Of course, he wasn't having a very good trip at the time but harsh-on-the-mind psychs are daunting for me. If I wasn't peer pressured, I probably wouldn't have taken lsd more than a dozen times. So anything like dpt, dmt, or the like would just have me sitting there watching other people trip on it, heh.

I wonder if anyone is carrying on his work, maybe like his wife or his cohorts? Yeah, he was damn smart, and at least he laid the foundation for someone who will eventually pick up where he left off.

The first time I smoked DMT I thought I was dead.... And I couldn't integrate reality for like a month. Swore I was living in the matrix. And I was a hardcore psychonaut... So yeah... Fucked my world. But it wasn't just DMT. I think we smoked it at the peak of 2C-T-2 in the pipe we had also smoked 5-MeO-DMT out of lol. Man we were so irresponsible........

His work is being carried on for sure. Even our friends in China that are just skirting analog laws are building off of what he started. Shulgin started a ball rolling that will never end.

In all this derailing I forgot to ask. Plugged dosage? I have some coming with a shipment and I have never plugged it before. Start at 5? 10?

I haven't had miprocin in years but I don't remember it having much in the way of side effects except insane giggles.

When you tried it, was it the hcl or the fumarate version? You could be right about the purity issue, because even at 20mg by itself it was pretty mild, probably equal to 1-1.5g shrooms or 1 tab of acid. Though I think the original dosage levels were for the hcl version, and I think the fumarate is around 2/3 of the hcl in strength, so I would align dose a bit higher than recommended.

Plugging, yaa, you'll have to ask someone who tried it. I guess you could start at 5 and work your way up, of course, but ya know I have no idea how much stronger plugging might be.

And yeah, I noticed that many other researchers/scientists are intrigued by his work. It makes we wonder why he isn't more widely recognized, especially on this side of the Atlantic. He seems to be the pioneer of all these chems.

I'm fairly certain that my 4-HO-MiPT was fumarate... But who knows, it was a long time ago but after the whole hygroscopic 4-AcO-MiPT debacle I thought they went all fumarate on the 4-subs... Dunno. Definitely got my 4-HO-MIPT wayyyyyyy after the AcO batch from the ill-fated R*C company...

I see. Yeah, idk I have a hard time believing you can be overwhelmed by 4-ho-mipt. I mean, you know high I've taken it but still, I know for sure I wouldn't be able to handle high doses of dpt, dmt, 5-meo-amt, etc. So if you've handled those chems well, which I know I wouldn't be able to just based on their effects profile, miprocin just isn't that...inherently intense?

But yeah, I'll wait for someone else to chime in who could give you a better answer. All I can say, in my biased opinion, is that this a really fun and nice chem to trip on.

Miprocin always seemed more like a fun drug to me. Even when mixed with MDA pills it didn't result in a blackout, just a mess of us all laughing our asses off for hours and stopping because we thought what the fuck were we laughing about which made us laugh even harder, very mild neon visuals, and massive color enhancement. Although at one point my buddy went and hid in the bathroom in the bath tub thinking we were mad at him and then left to sit at the bus stop so my friend Cassie and I literally skipped our way to the bus stop to go find him.

There's not much there in the mental side. I think the only negative i found was that it dehydrated me a bit, otherwise it was just a light mellow trip. 4-AcO-MiPT was more intense as I remember it actually but still not by a ton.

I don't think miprocin ever really goes anywhere at the doses most of us have done and not many of us are keen on the heroic dosing when we have 4-subs that will blow you out of this world like 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-DiPT, and apparently 4-AcO-MET (can't wait til that gets here) without worrying about the cost or potential for negative side effects from high dose miprocin.

Yaa, the palms and soles will sweat like a mofo, especially on high doses. I think water is the best to drink on it. All of that definitely fits a miprocin trip, so obviously you know what to expect. There were a few in the last thread that got hit hard by some mental happenings, so I guess ymmv for all of us as a whole. But yeah, it carries that fun, humorous side just as well as shrooms.

It's milder and easier-going compared to even shrooms, for me anything 50mg or less was a mild trip mentally. I like the visuals better though, but then metocin has even better visuals. It's like the vision gets more character, wild and bright.

Yuup, for whatever reason, miprocin doesn't start messing with the mind until a breakthrough dose occurs. I've tried a straight 100mg dose, and though I hallucinated all sorts of stuff, I never felt lost, overwhelmed or had difficulty keeping thoughts together.

I have no idea if this is the case, but I'm thinking that after I had abused mdma so much, these 4 sub trypts just don't hit me as hard as it should. I'm basing it purely on the guess that they all work on the serotonergic system, and how I seem to need higher doses of all of them. Maybe my brain got fried too many times? From mdma to lsd, and now 5 mapb to miprocin, I've hit a wall in terms of trip levels. Though I've never taken more than 5 tabs of acid, and that just sent me into a bad trip so I never took more than that. However, I've always recovered from bad trips pretty easily.

Heh, that's a good point, dmt is one that scared me shitless because my friend who takes all kinds of hardcore stuff (IV and insufflates stuff too and all that) flipped out on that one. Haha, he's the one I also gave miprocin to quite often, I think it was either the 50 or 70mg cap, but on his first time he sat on a chair for hours because he couldn't move, lol. I had to remind him to blink sometimes too. That was the funniest crap ever, well at the time. He asked for it, and I told him to start at 20mg, but when I told him about the 150mg trip he wanted to take that much too. And I said no, lolol. So I think I gave him a 50, but I forgot now.

Yeah, I guess it depends on what people look for in a substance. I like to have fun and be happy on my trips. Seems kind of shallow, but I treat substances as recreational enhancements. Thusly, miprocin is a good fit. :)

Plugged tryptamines (and most things) are about twice the strength of an oral dose, so that's a good benchmark to use when determining a plugged dose.

Gonna mix a 30/30 miprocin and metocin combo in the same cap right now and take it next weekend. May mix with one Red Toyota to see if this will bring some of the magic back.

I'll report back in a week or so.

Does anyone actually call this "hats," or is that just some long lasting humorous graffiti on Wikipedia? I always giggle when I read it.

Does anyone actually call this "hats," or is that just some long lasting humorous graffiti on Wikipedia? I always giggle when I read it.

Got a chuckle out of me too, thanks for sharing that actually, I would have never seen it =D

Does anyone else have this chem? Am I the only one currently taking this on a trial run here? This one is real good, but optimal set and setting makes it even better. Well, like most psychedelics.

I've been thorough with this one, and after some combinations, I think I'm ready to ramp it up higher. Looking back, I'm surprised people have had bad trips on this one. I thought it was easy-going even on high doses. It's just as good as mushrooms but with better visuals and euphoria, and minus the crap breath. Personally, I can't stand that part though I've tolerated it every time. I do think shrooms are more mind-fucky than this one.

Ugh, I'll be getting some hcl mescaline soon, still have these two trypts, 2C-I, kandy, weed and I might also get some 2C-E and DOC. There's too much shit to try.

Stock up for the holidays guys! I'm gonna get fried, baked and burned starting next week. I'm staying clean until then so that I'll be ready for it. =D

I started with 20mg twice, then 150mg (accidentally, I thought it was 5 mapb), then from 50-100mg about five or six times. And then I mixed it with metocin 20/20 each.

I've only taken MiPT and its analogues a few times, but for me:

- 4-HO-MiPT was less dramatic qualitatively than mushrooms and the same visionary intensity
- instead of having an earthy, natural vibe to me it feels not only 'pure' and synthetic but also weird, atypical, inconsistent, potentially alienating and indetermined: as if visions, effects and memories can be activated non-specifically. There isn't that much of a theme for me, not that much that's recognizable and constant. Comparing to other tryptamines that is. Part is generic tryptamine and another part I just cannot put my finger on. The weirdness can be uncomfortable for me, but it is interesting and surprising for that reason.

I've only taken MiPT and its analogues a few times, but for me:

- 4-HO-MiPT was less dramatic qualitatively than mushrooms and the same visionary intensity
- instead of having an earthy, natural vibe to me it feels not only 'pure' and synthetic but also weird, atypical, inconsistent, potentially alienating and indetermined: as if visions, effects and memories can be activated non-specifically. There isn't that much of a theme for me, not that much that's recognizable and constant. Comparing to other tryptamines that is. Part is generic tryptamine and another part I just cannot put my finger on. The weirdness can be uncomfortable for me, but it is interesting and surprising for that reason.

That's a good description though. The waving and breathing effect is definitely generic for trypts. Well, at least from the ones I've tried. Miprocin feels lighter on the mind and more recreational than mushrooms. But that's why I like it. It has something resembling a warm aura or atmosphere, just emanating from all the senses except taste. It made smoking cigs taste crappier than usual. The experience does feel kind of forced and mechanical, including that saliva taste in the back of the throat, but the mood is lifted in an identical way to shrooms.

It's nice to get more descriptions and trial notes in here. :)

Ime, miprocin doesn't come anywhere close to the mental intensity of acid or shrooms. I'm old now, so I like to relax and enjoy my days.

im assuming when you said you too it within the 50-100 mg range it was because you were dosing frequently and were building a tolerance?

Kind of. For example, 20 mg was a light-medium dose for me. But mostly it was the 150 that boosted my tolerance that high. From 50-100, it probably would've hit me harder if I upped it that way.