could you grow on a ketogenic diet?

ongos

Bluelighter
ketogenic diet is high fat, adequate protein and low carbs. Curious if anyone here is on this diet? I don't plan to gain 50 pounds of muscles, so I could live with that. So do I stick with nuts and meat diet? There was a time in my life where I didn't eat the bun of a burger but just the meat and cheese so I think I know that lifestyle. I just heard about the ketogenic diet recently. There are health benefits being on the ketogenic diet other than looking fit and good.

ketogenic diet is high fat, adequate protein and low carbs. Curious if anyone here is on this diet? I don't plan to gain 50 pounds of muscles, so I could live with that. So do I stick with nuts and meat diet? There was a time in my life where I didn't eat the bun of a burger but just the meat and cheese so I think I know that lifestyle. I just heard about the ketogenic diet recently. There are health benefits being on the ketogenic diet other than looking fit and good.

You still need vegetables, nuts, seeds, and some fruits... dont eat shit just because its protein.. and choose fats carefully..

considering a ketogenic diet uses only 10-15 grams of carbs...maybe less?

I have yet to find a shit protein. I always thought protein is protein. Name a shit protein.

I think he means don't use keto as an excuse to eat fatty cheap meats and trash foods just because they're void of carbohydrates ;)

considering a ketogenic diet uses only 10-15 grams of carbs...maybe less?

I have yet to find a shit protein. I always thought protein is protein. Name a shit protein.

Fast-food, packaged food... processed shite as in: burger, sausage, bacon, salami... etc..

Fast-food, packaged food... processed shite as in: burger, sausage, bacon, salami... etc..

92-what-the-fuck-is-this-shit.jpg

all foods had to be processed at some point? I like canned tuna and canned oysters and microwavable chicken breasts. Burger I do not eat the bun, hon. Bacon is said to be good depends on who made it.

I'd prefer chicken than red meats though. Natural peanut butter only has 8 g of carbs per 2 tablespoons, still a lot. Only if they removed the sugar from the ingredient it may not have any carbs. I found a few sugar free peanut butter but even those has 6-7 g of carbs.

Lmao. I had the same thought. I'd probably live off of steak on keto. Sadly peanut butter has too many carbs :(

Last edited:
I'd prefer chicken than red meats though. Natural peanut butter only has 8 g of carbs per 2 tablespoons, still a lot. Only if they removed the sugar from the ingredient it may not have any carbs. I found a few sugar free peanut butter but even those has 6-7 g of carbs.
You'd have to eat the 2 tablespoons serving or less to stay in keto essentially.
Also keto diets are generally what the American Eskimo eats. The body can sustain itself without any fruits or veggies. Try doing vegetarian diet without supplementation and you're screwed.

For the skeptics- vitamins c comes from raw liver so no scurvy if one can stomach it.

Wait WTF which regulatory body allows a peanut butter product to be labeled "natural" when it isn't 100% peanuts???

Here, "natural" peanut butter = 100% peanuts, absolutely nothing more. Lots of health food stores will actually make it fresh on front of your eyes :D

The Walmart brand of peanut butter Great Value only has as ingredient: roasted peanuts, sugar, palm oil, salt. Still yields 8 grams of carbs per 2 tablespoons. I wish they could've just made it without salt and sugar, just roasted peanuts and palm oil, or better coconut oil. Maybe hemp or poppy oil?

even a serving of nuts usually have 8 g of carbs: cashews, almonds, pistachio, etc

Brazil and black walnuts have 3 g of carbs per serving, peanuts have 6 g.

Wait WTF which regulatory body allows a peanut butter product to be labeled "natural" when it isn't 100% peanuts???

Here, "natural" peanut butter = 100% peanuts, absolutely nothing more. Lots of health food stores will actually make it fresh on front of your eyes :D

What I meant ongos is most people believe in order to consume naturally occurring vitamin c one would have to consume fruits. When in reality there is meat that contains it in sufficient amounts for the human body to function.

You Need A Balanced Little Bit Of EVERYTHING THAT IS THE KEY! You want to Strive For the Goal In Life Known As Homeostasis. Do what you are Absolutely Sure And Correct As Can Possibly Be then Do what it is you got to Do In Order to Reach A Calm Equal State Of Mind and Physical Body Health and Thought Process Plus, Reflexes. Okay!?

What I meant ongos is most people believe in order to consume naturally occurring vitamin c one would have to consume fruits. When in reality there is meat that contains it in sufficient amounts for the human body to function.

had no clue meat had vitamin C. which ones exactly?

Meat is heavy though. One shouldn´t eat it every day, so I was told.
I believe one should eat meat only 3 x a week, max.
Fish is excellent and depending on how you cook the chicken, like grilled..it would also be a good way to avoid extra oil.