• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

swim needs some help with short term taper on suboxone

needhlpfast

Greenlighter
I recently decided to stop his 1g heroin addiction I been doing for the past month.I started the induction process at 2mg suboxone in the morning and just took another 2 MG later that night this morning I did the same process as yesterday .I am on day 2 now. Started the induction after waiting 19 hours, couldn't take no more sickness. There is a newborn baby in the house and wife who doesn't understand the pain of withdrawal from opiates. I has tried before to stop using suboxone but ran out. I have 10 now left and am looking to be successful in a short taper. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My finances and life have gone down the drain by me making stupid decisions with money ang the habit I created. Thank you for your time and experiences. P.s not sure how this site works so I apologize I I'm in the wrong place. I'm just desperate for help. I just can't to this on my own the right way. This is my first experience with opiates and didn't know how deep I was in.. Thank you for any advice again.

Last edited:
Let your wife hold the subs and you should be alright. Hang tough bro you can get through this nightmare. You got a child now and don't forget that ever. It will get easier as the days pass and don't forget that either. I hope for the best because it's ahead.

Let your wife hold the subs and you should be alright. Hang tough bro you can get through this nightmare. You got a child now and don't forget that ever. It will get easier as the days pass and don't forget that either. I hope for the best because it's ahead.

QFT. You can do this. If you have ten 2mg pills I would suggest not trying to completely avert your symptoms, just keep yourself at a level of functionability you're okay with. Maybe take two tomorrow, two the next day, then one and one and half and half, etc.

What Wez say's is right on, resist temtation and I mean resist dude it is the hardest part you have to deal with. Talk to your lady and put her online here so she can see your not alone. Tears formed in my eyes because I know this isn't going to be easy for you but it can be done.

That's was a typo. Ihas 10 8 MG suboxone left and I'm not sure the best taper plan with such little suboxone and no money or anybody that can possibly get me any more. I currently have hot colds sweats that suck real bad and restless leg syndrome and its completely unbareable. I'm not sure do I need to take more sub or just not sleep and wait for tomorrow and cut my dose again and try to deal with this horror of hell I'm going through again

Last edited:
Well, of course the sub will make you feel better.

But keep in mind, the longer you take the sub, the longer it will take to get your body back to some sort of stasis. This is why if you're going to taper as opposed to cold turkey you really need to be diligent about it. Get some Nyquil and drink a bottle so you can get some sleep if you decide to just not use the sub. Drink lots of water. Distract yourself with movies or youtube or something. Hang in there.

Hi and welcome to Bluelight.

The user agreement explicitly states that the use of 'SWIM', 'AFOAF', etc. is not allowed. Please edit your posts...

Thank you guys for all your support and suggestions. I just ned to tuff it out. I was just not sure the best way th use the subs and if it will just prolong the withdrawal procces

10-8s your ahead of the game but its still up to your self control. they dont get you high, am i corect use that in your favor get straight bro and dont fool yourself when your taking them.