• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Long time reader-turned member.

Scenario

Greenlighter
Hello "Bluelight" members! I've just activated my account moments ago and would like to introduce myself. This site has been a go-to resource for me and many of my friends for years. I am usually able to find the information I'm searching for regarding various substances rather quickly, but I decided I needed to be a part of this amazing community. Experienced user of a wide array of substances, I think you'll find me to be a great contributer in thread discussions.

The reason why I decided to create an account is in an attempt to combat my social and general anxiety symptoms. I developed the abmormal anxiety symptoms roughly three years ago following a series of personal events of psychological pain. I can elaborate on the causes if anyone shows interest. During these three years I've tried many different remedies to help my anxiety such as: increase in physical exercise, healthy changes to diet, attempting to get sufficient nights rest, self-help books and online articles(Bluelight and other forums too), many legal and illegal substances, and more. I developed an extensive habitual addiction to alcohol. Luckily, I haven't had a drink in a couple weeks, and don't plan on having one anytime soon. Yes, alcohol can help anxiety in the short-term(although it didn't help me at all as I abused it more and more), but it ultimately potentiates the ill feelings of anxiety and depression in the long-run. I feel it definitey is psychological, but I can't seem to escape the anxious grip for more than a short lived relief. Recently, a friend introduced me to Phenibut. I've consumed 100g of the stuff in a relatively short duration as it seems I have an exceptional tolerance even on my first dose. Its been about a month since I last had any, but now I'm expecting a shipment from a reputable source(definitely high quality) because it was the only substance that provided noticeable relief from anxiety. I don't know where I'm going with this now lol, basically I know the pros and cons of Phenibut, and realize it's no long term solution, but could it be used as a tool to somehow help with long term anxiety with other relief practices?

Not one response almost makes me want to delete this account already. Is this community small now?

Last edited by a moderator:
well done for leaving the alcohol alone, personally its never been an issue for me. Am interested to read your thoughts on other substances too

i have only gotten one response on the introduction that i posted, i'm a new member as well. pretty disappointing. definitely getting 'the new kid' vibes.

I'm also new. I have utilized this site on many occasions to my benefit so I thought I could maybe give back as well as find a community of people with similar experiences that I could learn from as I navigate through life.....and if you feel open to it I would ask what caused you so much pain? You mentioned psychological pain

well done for leaving the alcohol alone, personally its never been an issue for me. Am interested to read your thoughts on other substances too
Thanks Sammie-Dean! It's definitely still a srtuggle for me, but I'm going strong. There was a time; recently, when I was spending $80-100+ on beer and vodka a week drinking with my alcoholic cousin. So glad those days are behind me! What substances are you most interested in?

i have only gotten one response on the introduction that i posted, i'm a new member as well. pretty disappointing. definitely getting 'the new kid' vibes.
adrenalinerushes, I know what you mean. Welcome to the bluelight! Haha

It's not you dude, everyone else is just nodded out. Welcome.
Appreciate the welcome, semiazas!

Welcome! I am pretty new myself. Congratulations on your time sober! Definitely check out the "sober living" subforums... there are some fantastic people there and really great support and accountability threads. Also congratulations on using this forum to help with your social anxiety. Sounds like you've been dealing with this as a major part of your life for quite some time. I don't have social anxiety but have had many friends and clients (I'm an art therapist by trade) that struggle with horrible social anxiety and have seen the damage it can do to someone's self esteem and psyche, as well as life in general, so I'm really glad you're doing all you can to help fight it and not just giving in. It's quite admirable.
Don't take the lack of responses personally. This is not a very active subforum it seems and a lot of people lurk as opposed to posting.

As far as combating your anxiety, have you tried any physical things like yoga or pilates, or alternative therapies (music therapy, art therapy, group therapy, etc)? These might be worth looking into. What medications have you tried for your social anxiety?

Never was much of a drinker....methamphetamine my doc. Also like ecstasy and cocaine sometimes too but use those on special occasions :)

Hi - welcome!! Same goes for me. I have been a long time reader, but finally joined as a member.

Hi - I'm new too - welcome. I have a funny feeling newbies have to earn trust.

Hi I am a long time lurker turned poster too! Glad to have you on board. I am waiting for my first shipment of phenibut too! post your experiences in the phenibut thread.

Hi Scenario - welcome to Bluelight.

Sometimes it takes a while for members to respond to threads. It is a very large community, with members in different time zones, but of course you are more than welcome here! I also merged some of your posts to keep the page looking clutter free- you can use the "edit" button in the future if you have something to add rather than double posting :)

Phenibut have never done anything for me, however for others I certainly know it has. Some have even been addicted to it. Check this thread out, it may be of interest to you.