• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Dreams.....

painenduser

Bluelighter
Hey my fellow Lighters!

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows of a good website (preferably free) that is an excellent resource for understanding dreams or dream interpretation. One thing that is important to me, and I apologize if this offends anyone, is that is not be a religious site or one that interprets your dreams based on god or religion. I am agnostic and I do not have a belief when it comes to that and I don't believe in the Bible. Though I do not have anything negative to say about that and I respect anyone's belief on the topic, I just prefer it not to have any influence on the interpretation of my dreams.

I have been having some dreams lately in which I can not, until fully awake, determine if what is in the dream is reality or not, and I am sometimes awakening in a bit of a panic because of this. This trend has been fairly new with no reason that I can tell for that to be happening. Meaning that there hasn't been anything new or traumatic that has happened that I would consider reason for my dreaming to have changed.

I have no money to purchase a book on the topic and the county library banned me when I was in my early teens for not having returned a book for like 3 years. When I did return it, they sent me a bill for like $75.00 which I never paid and got a notice that I was permanently banned from the library lol

If anyone can help me find a site, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch!

Pain

you might want to look closer into if you may have been having lucid dreams
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

annex, you may want to join this website also
http://www.experienceproject.com/dreams.php

In my personal experience, understanding dreams can be helpfull if you analise the dream in a objective manner. Sometimes a dream can look strange and disturbing while they can actually be explained easily if you just focus on the centre subject and how you felt in that deam.
When you wake up after a dream, dont get up but just stay in bed for a while and rethink your whole dream, and than write it down, couple of days later read it again and it might start to dawn what the dream was telling you.

Dreams arent divine or anything, its a projection of your mind putting things into place, containing important stuff and deleting all the irrilevant input from the previous times.
Sometimes though, they're just meaningless and can therefor make you question what the hell you were dreaming about.

Gluck

you might want to look closer into if you may have been having lucid dreams
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

annex, you may want to join this website also
http://www.experienceproject.com/dreams.php

In my personal experience, understanding dreams can be helpfull if you analise the dream in a objective manner. Sometimes a dream can look strange and disturbing while they can actually be explained easily if you just focus on the centre subject and how you felt in that deam.
When you wake up after a dream, dont get up but just stay in bed for a while and rethink your whole dream, and than write it down, couple of days later read it again and it might start to dawn what the dream was telling you.

Dreams arent divine or anything, its a projection of your mind putting things into place, containing important stuff and deleting all the irrilevant input from the previous times.
Sometimes though, they're just meaningless and can therefor make you question what the hell you were dreaming about.

Gluck

This was very helpful. While I haven't had a chance to check out the links yet, I just wanted to thank you for your reply! :)

Why would you shake your head? Do you think I am nuts for wanting to understand my dreams? Trust me, my dreams can be very difficult for me when I actually recall them. Alot of times they bring up some very very suppressed events and have quite an impact on my mental state. I am not giving you a hard time by any means, just trying to understand your less then useful reply lol

Yeah dream study is legit. A lot of times dreams are your brains way of going over your subconscious and also what's going on in your waking life I believe. I've also had prophetic dreams as crazy as that sounds, but literally dreamt something that I would've had no idea was going to happen only to have the same thing happen the next day.

If you want an ebook on dreams go to ebook3000.com for free pdf books