• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

NO-vember '14 -- SL Gettin & Stayin Sober Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just A Guy

Bluelight Crew
This thread is for anyone who wants to get or is staying sober. Everyone is welcome to post in this thread. Please adhere to the Bluelight User Agreement and Sober Living Forum Guidelines.

The October thread can be found by clicking >Here<

thanksgiving.gif

NSFW:
breaking+free.jpg

You can find the power to break every chain.

It's gonna be a good month!

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too.. I procrastinating quitting tobacco, but I have a feeling this may be the month.

up for my first No-vember in..14 years 0_0 , gonna reach 100 days sober this month, 77 now.

WE RULE!

<3

I am still around. I"m using a small amount, but I'm still using. However, on Nov. 16th of last year, I took my last dose of methadone... a day or two later, I relapsed. This means that minus the few months I went back on methadone this summer, I've been using a year... so my new goal is to be done by Nov. 15th. A mild taper over two weeks should be completely doable, especially at the amount I'm doing.

It doesn't even work anymore, anyway. Such a fucked up drug, even though it doesn't work, it's so hard to just let it go...

Happy to be off dope since march...... although on the govornments dope things are far more stable. Even I'm amazed how different my life is and how numb i was and how it's hard to learn to cope with the things i've done, cope with anxiety and the people who knew what i was on. It's almost like relearning coping skills all over again. Every week its a new struggle. A constant one for me has been trying not to use other classes of addictive drugs..... i seem to be very fond of amphetamines now that I'm off opioids.

Good that you are done with dope. Amphetamines though are going to make a damage just as well.

Still puttin along here in PAWS. Ugh.

9 months drug free on the 13th! I guess it's getting better, looking back.

9 months! Congrats man!
Definitely should get better as you move on.
Good luck!

Day 85 for me. Also still dealing with PAWS, and for some reason my cravings have been hitting hard for the past week. I thought I was past that. I know I'm better than I was at the beginning of this process, but I'd really like my brain back please.

I start tomorrow, OK guys??

Im Off. Lets do this change!!

Good luck all.

WANTING, keep pushing, you're half way there allready, don't let all the effort you've put in be for nothing.

VEODO, congratulations! you can do it!

Day 79 clean and sober, and all of a sudden i find myself not smoking tobacco either. Had some nicotine patches laying around, and when i ran out yesterday i thought, what the heck, lets see how i deal with it. In no way i put put pressure on myself, when it will jeopardise my proces of sobriety in any way i just buy some tobacco since its the last and least important habbit i want to kick when the time is right.
I am however 24 hours off it now, and i realise i am substituting with patches, but its really not bad at all so i just see where this leads me. Who knows :)

Hi everybody.

First, I just want to say congrats to everybody!

I was taking oxy for about 1.5 years. Started at 5mg, ended at a 30mg-100mg habit a day (usually around 60mg average.)

I started taking suboxone 8mg about 5 months ago and I 100% want off of it. I can honestly say I was selfish at first. I was taking suboxone because it was giving me a slight high. I'm not going to up my dose to continue to attempt to feel high. Fuck. That. So here I am, I have successfully tapered down to 6mg. I will be at 6mg until next week and then. I will be tapering to 4mg.

I take a daily vitamin and drink lots of water every day.

I get random stomach cramping and tired spells but I think it's because of my period yaaaay haha sorry TMI!

I just want to talk to people who have successfuly tapered off of suboxone, or are in the middle of doing so like me.

I am so excited to have my old life back. I am always looking for new home renovation projects to do and I read a lot.

I am just so over this. I withdrew from klonopin 7mg a day CT about 5 years ago. It nearly killed me. I was hospitalized for two weeks. That recollection has me terrified of jumping, when that time comes.

Anyways, if anybody wants to private messge me, feel free. I could use some support as I don't have much.

Gypsy.

Hi Gypsy,

I know what it's like to be over it mentally, but still 'in it.' At least you are off those pills. That's a big step. Congrats on making the switch over to subs, tapering down as well as withdrawing from klonopin. You are definitely on your way.

Smoky :)

Oxycontin is very hard to quit. It´s a very short acting opiate so you have to keep alternating with basically everything else.
It´s very hard to quit. Good that you did.
Wish you luck and success!
E

Status
Not open for further replies.