• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Feeling Like Urinating From Anxiety Holding it In, Actually Full to Erection

%

%$^56543

Title basically explains it all. Anonymous obviously for a reason. Don't know where to put this anyway. Any ideas to fix this specific result and symptom of anxiety? Why does anxiety make me feel like i have to piss too??

I too have dealt with anxiety and urinary retention. It'd be worth seeing a urologist. I don't know how they correlate, other than tension making it more difficult for fully relax "those muscles"..

Btw.
Various classes of medications can cause urinary retention by interfering with nerve signals to the bladder and prostate. These medications include

• antihistamines to treat allergies
    • cetirizine (Zyrtec)
    • chlorpheniramine (Chlor-Trimeton)
    • diphenhydramine (Benadryl)
    • fexofenadine (Allegra)
  • anticholinergics/antispasmodics to treat stomach cramps, muscle spasms, and urinary incontinence
    • hyoscyamine (Levbid)
    • oxybutynin (Ditropan)
    • propantheline (Pro-Banthine)
    • tolterodine (Detrol)
  • tricyclic antidepressants to treat anxiety and depression
    • amitriptyline (Elavil)
    • doxepin (Adapin)
    • imipramine (Tofranil)
    • nortriptyline (Pamelor)
Other medications associated with urinary retention include

• decongestants
    • ephedrine
    • phenylephrine
    • pseudoephedrine
  • nifedipine (Procardia), a medication to treat high blood pressure and chest pain
  • carbamazepine (Tegretol), a medication to control seizures in people with epilepsy
  • cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril), a muscle relaxant medication
  • diazepam (Valium), a medication used to relieve anxiety, muscle spasms, and seizures
  • nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
  • amphetamines
  • opioid analgesics