• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Stong mood swings.

lars90

Bluelighter
Well I decided to write this because I really need help and telling my parents really isn't easy.
I'm 18 soon a guy and I have a real problem. Id like to structure this as well as possible so that you guys understand.

I am not on medications nore does this thread have to do with any type of medication.

Okay so I just go finished with an exchange year in Argentina I learned a new language and saw allot of new things and to get the grip of the story ID like you to know that I have ADD and have had allot of problems with my father and brother. So this did not come all at once but it staked up.

So what happened was I came there and everything was great until something happened. A girl actually just left me one that I really liked. Well I had a lot of anger that I couldn't let out I wasn't able to speak the language well. I just stopped speaking after a while. I wanted to but it was like I had forgotten how to. This feeling your thought that makes your voice quieter and doesn't let you speak. Also a punching in the stomach when saying something and when I wanted to say something I couldn't. Now I've never had problems with speaking to people before that everything was great and fine. I mean I had already been a little social anxious thanks to a few people and my father and brother. But I ever really had a problem that went to that extent.

After a good 6 months now since all of this happened I had time to speak with allot of people about my problem but it never went away and now everyday I face it when I am in school. When I see new people or I am with a few people, if someone says anything bad about me or makes jokes about me (not bullying just fun) even my friends I get this anxiety and I get really nervous start to sweat get negative thoughts. It usually goes away after a while but when its there its awful because it makes speaking to someone feel like speaking to somebody you don't like while high on weed having paranoias.

Please take this Sirius. I don't know if I stated it clear enough. I have already had allot of people not taking this Sirius. Don't say this is a phase because it is not.

I have tried telling my parents about it by telling them things a I face everyday which aren't normal but they seem to try and ignore it. I don't know what to do. The only thing that is sure is that I really need help because its affecting my social relationships and my life!

Thank you for any help in advance!

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment, and that it feels like nobody is taking you seriously. I know you say you are not taking any* medication, but I was wondering if you were smoking cannabis? (I ask as you mention it).
It sounds like you are having panic attacks and social anxiety (like you said). I have the same problem and promise you are not alone in dealing with them. If you are smoking weed, I strongly suggest cutting down as they don't help with this problem at all. Have you thought of going to see your doctor and telling them? Many people are put on meds to help them with this, but I also strongly suggest doing some research into finding techniques to help calm yourself down. Youtube has some good videos on panic attacks and social anxiety for instance. Sorry if my post hasn't been much help, I hope you take care and don't feel too shy seeing your doc and telling them about this x

Last edited:
Hello lars90
Couldn't agree more with kace but I strongly recommend you to do yoga exercises it can really help you and let you see the world in a different way plus you will get rid of all the negative energy and thinking and I recommend a site called www.wikihow.com you can ask how to do anything it can definitely help you to control panic and anger issues

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment, and that it feels like nobody is taking you seriously. I know you say you are not taking and medication, but I was wondering if you were smoking cannabis? (I ask as you mention it).
It sounds like you are having panic attacks and social anxiety (like you said). I have the same problem and promise you are not alone in dealing with them. If you are smoking weed, I strongly suggest cutting down as they don't help with this problem at all. Have you thought of going to see your doctor and telling them? Many people are put on meds to help them with this, but I also strongly suggest doing some research into finding techniques to help calm yourself down. Youtube has some good videos on panic attacks and social anxiety for instance. Sorry if my post hasn't been much help, I hope you take care and don't feel too shy seeing your doc and telling them about this x

N oactually its nice hearing someone having something similar. I dont smoke weed. I use to but out of 30 times I had like 3 really plesant highs so I just stopped I dont like weed It gives me paranoyas. I use to drink all the time once or twice a week until really drunk. I havent druken since 4 weeks. So I just started meditiation which feels quit good I still dont feel in place though ive really been struggling with this a long time sadly. I can look back and see exsacly the cause of it but not only i have to go to the pych my father has to as well. I have to tell him somehow. Im just stuck here somewhere emotionally where im not suppose to be.

I hope you get better soon aswell I wish you well.

I had self esteem issues when I was your age. Hell, still do but in a different way. I was never happy with myself. I hit the gym like a man possed. Got swole up and it made me more confident. Looking back I was probably addicted to working out like a drug. But it helped at that time as a distraction.
I didnt become a meat head just kept in good shape.
I'm not saying this is for you. I use this as an example. You got to find something that makes you confident- and drugs dont count. Not that you are on them. Find some dance classes to take or something.
You have to ask yourself what would make me more confident? And is this something I can change. If so have the courage to change it and dont beat yourself up about things u cant change.
You sound like smart guy I know u got some talents you can develop. And we have all had our hearts broken. Probably wont be your last time. But worse thing you can do is dwell over it.
Your pass the grieving stage . IF some chic dont want be with you...Fine.....good ridens......dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out bitch. Your young get out and get ya another bird. Find one that likes you for you, and speak some of that salsy Latin to her.
And nothing sexier than confident or swag.

Last edited: