• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health My mental health

Lauburu

Greenlighter
Afternoon everyone.

My mental health is a bit messy at the moment, I'm not really sure what's wrong with me so I thought I'd seek advice!

I was abused as a kid psychically, psychologically and sexually which I'm quite sure is where a lot of my issues stem from.

I've self harmed in various ways since my childhood right up to... Well yesterday to be honest!

In the last year I've sought help from the doctor who have me fluoxetine first which made me suicidal and self harm more then it was swapped for citalopram which I think worked better but not much and recently also propranolol for anxiety.

I take 30/500 co codamol every day at least 3 tablets usually twice or 3 times per day which I know is bad because of the paracetamol content. Hoping to try a CWE soon. I just enjoy the feeling they give me, sort of sedative and slows my brain down from it's normal manic speed.

Recently had some relationship issues after we lost our baby for the third time in two years. My Wife is wonderful but she'd leave me if she knew what my drug use was becoming.

Any thoughts or advice?

Not sure but my drug use killed my relationship we are still together and I said I would leave but I know it's addind to my stress depression

I would, if you think you're manic depressive, ask a doctor about it. Tell them everything you've been doing; then, they can help you. That's pretty much the only way. Self-medicating with narcotics isn't a good idea by any means. Lithium, Depakote, and Lamictal are some mood stabilizers. Others include Seroquel and more anti-psychotics.

Good Luck