• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

⫸STICKY⫷ More drug busts (2000-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think drugs will have to become legal sooner or later. Not that I condone them after my own experimentation with them. However in saying that smugglers are continuously getting creative and eventually like drones they will use remote control based subs which will be able to move drugs wherever they are to be sold.

Half tonne of drugs from China seized

Almost half a tonne of methamphetamine and precursors smuggled into Australia in bar stools and soup packets have been seized by federal police, resulting in four arrests.

More than $167 million worth of methamphetamine and enough ephedrine to make 250 kilograms of meth were taken by drug authorities at addresses in Sydney's Kingsgrove and Penshurst after being imported on shipping containers from China.

AFP NSW State Manager Chris Sheehan said the four accused smugglers, including at least two Chinese nationals, were 'integral members' of an international drug syndicate.

'These were not mere low level players,' Mr Sheehan said.

'We're going to allege the people we arrested here in Sydney were significant and integral members of the syndicate.'

Three of the four accused - a 57-year-old Australian female and two 45 and 50-year-old Chinese men - are alleged to have controlled the operation and been in place to have extracted the drugs from the stools and packets.

They have been charged with conspiracy to import and possess commercial quantities of drugs.

The fourth man, a 26-year-old arrested in Narwee on Thursday evening, allegedly attempted to possess an amount of the ephedrine.

All four will face court later on Friday

The accused could face life imprisonment if convicted.

Police will allege the drugs and precursors were smuggled into Sydney on three shipping containers from Ningbo Port in China.

The containers were inspected on January 6 and 7 by the Australian Border Force and, after the concealed drugs were located, tracked to their residential destination.

China is a common source of methamphetamine imports to Australia.

'China is in relatively close proximity to Australia and hence our focus on establishing Taskforce Blaze with the Chinese authorities,' he said.

Taskforce Blaze is a bilateral program between the AFP and Chinese anti-narcotics enforcement bodies to investigate the methamphetamine trade.

More than seven tonnes of drugs were seized by border control authorities in 2015.

AAP

- See video and more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/nati...-seized-in-syd-bust.html#sthash.Q26Q9TZ2.dpuf

Coram drug seizure leads to thousands in drugs, arrest of father, son, police say

CORAM, Long island (WABC) -- Police have charged a father and son on Long Island after they discovered drugs while executing a search warrant Friday.

According to the Suffolk County Police Department, investigators seized about 730 grams of cocaine, 318 grams of heroin, 36 grams of oxycodone, and $200,000 in cash from a home on Avalon Pines Drive in Coram.

Joseph Fearon, 40, who lived in the home, faces criminal drug and drug paraphernalia possession charges. His son, Jasheme Fearon, 23, of Middle Island, faces drug possession and criminal impersonation charges.

013016-fearon-both.jpg

The two were held overnight and were scheduled to be arraigned Saturday.

013016-coramdrugs3.JPG

013016-coramdrugs4.JPG

Source: http://abc7ny.com/news/police-dad-s...ds-in-cash-drugs-found-at-coram-home/1180490/

I used to live really close to Coram.

It's a shame that they're gonna destroy all those poor, innocent drugs. :( 36 grams of oxycodone? Wow. That'd command quite the street value where I live now. (I mean, 700+ grams of cocaine and the 300+ grams of heroin would too, but those are just a lot more common in the illegal drug market here)

I used to live really close to Coram.

It's a shame that they're gonna destroy all those poor, innocent drugs. :( 36 grams of oxycodone? Wow. That'd command quite the street value where I live now. (I mean, 700+ grams of cocaine and the 300+ grams of heroin would too, but those are just a lot more common in the illegal drug market here)

What's Coram like these days?

Typical lawn-guy-land. Just a suburb/extension of New York City.

(I used to attend the state university in Stony Brook...wish I knew those guys when I lived there!)

Middle Island (where it says one of the suspects is from) has a really nice headshop with one of the most impressive displays of glassware I've ever seen

Typical lawn-guy-land. Just a suburb/extension of New York City.

(I used to attend the state university in Stony Brook...wish I knew those guys when I lived there!)

Middle Island (where it says one of the suspects is from) has a really nice headshop with one of the most impressive displays of glassware I've ever seen

Interesting.

Do you know many Guido's from Jersey lol?

l'll have to visit New York some time. I'm from Australia :( Hard to get to any country. At best I get to visit different states.

Cops make million-dollar drug bust in Brooklyn

weed2.jpg

Authorities nabbed two alleged high-end Brooklyn marijuana dealers whose vast drug business netted them $10 million annually, police said Friday.

Philip Feng, 36, of Brooklyn Heights and Victor Bae, 35, of Greenpoint were busted Wednesday with hundreds of pounds of illegal narcotics after Homeland Security tipped off local authorities that a large shipment was being transported from the West Coast to Brooklyn, police said.

Through computer checks, members of Homeland Security and the NYPD’s Criminal Enterprise Investigations Units were able to track the suspects to the ABF Freight national trucking company on Maspeth Avenue in Brooklyn, police said.

Investigators found that Feng and Bae were using a U-Haul delivery truck to pick up the contents and take them to a garage – rented by Feng – at 234 Java St. in Greenpoint, cops said.
Authorities conducted a car stop on Wednesday and arrested Feng for driving with a suspended license. They then discovered 300 pounds of high-end marijuana packaged in vacuumed sealed bags inside the truck.

Officers executing a search warrant at the garage on Thursday recovered an additional 100 pounds of marijuana with names like Emperor Jack, Sour Diesel, Grand Daddy Diesel, Sherbet, Kosher Kush, Fruit Loops, Alpha Blue, and Pink Cookie, which retails for $6,000 a pound, police said.

Police also recovered 1,100 packed containers of retail-ready liquid THC, liquid PCP, liquid HGH, psychedelic mushrooms with a street value of $2.5 million, cops said.

Also seized was $157,000 in cash, a.22 caliber North American Arms revolver, and odorless cartridges for electronic cigarettes that used for smoking marijuana – a phenomenon that NYPD Inspector John Denesopolis of the Crime Enterprise Investigation Unit said is new in the city.

“It appeared that they were making liquid marijuana from marijuana,” said Denesopolis, adding that liquid marijuana is “not regularly” recovered in the Big Apple.

Feng and Bae, who authorities believe were operating the drug business for four years, were charged with criminal possession of a weapon, criminal possession of marijuana in the first-degree, criminal possession of a controlled substance and criminal possession of drug paraphernalia.

weed1.jpg

Police said that Feng, a WW2 buff, used his profits to purchase WW2 memorabilia including a decoding machine.

When the pair was busted they both immediately asked for lawyers, cops said.

A neighbor of Feng’s said that he “kept to himself” and “seemed quiet and unassuming.”

“It’s surprising,” said the neighbor, who did not want to be named. “I haven’t seen any kind of illicit acitivty.”

The investigation is ongoing.

Source: http://nypost.com/2016/03/11/cops-make-million-dollar-drug-bust-in-brooklyn/

Status
Not open for further replies.