Published The motivation for using Novel Psychoactive Substances - Survey

Done!
But when it asks how many times I used, I am not sure how to answer. If I used heroin, or any drug... do I mark 365 times as in a year, or how many times I actually used it per day? Which would be more than 365.
Thank you. :)

The questions should have been "how many days" instead of "how many times" to make it easier for participants. Before publishing the survey we let a bunch of users try it out, but unfortunately that question wasn't noticed.

The results will be peer reviewed and published in a scientific journal. Some journals are "open access" and others are not. Our ambition is to publish as "open access". In any case, I will post the abstract and link to the results here.

Again, I appreciate that you will post the abstract including results. When should this occur?

methoxetamine is still legal??!?

Same for me with the cannabis one 365 it was then :p. Main reason for me to take RCs is the ease of obtaining them... For some the effect profiles are more favourable than their illegal counterparts (ie. 4-FA and 6-APB don't make me feel like shit for a week after, where as MDMA does). For others there's just nothing that really compares (MXE). I also put kratom in there, although I'm not sure it really counts as an RC... Very useful drug for getting things done though, or to enhance a cannabis high :D.

Wow, it isn't scheduled in the U.S. . .thought it was. (It is in some STates)...

Looks like someone is purchasing tool "for research purposes"!!;)
MXE is uber fun, similar to DXM but a tad darker.

Did the survey. Listed ketamine, 25c-nbome, and 4-aco-dmt as my last novel psychoactives. I wasnt sure whether to count MDMA as novel.

Again, I appreciate that you will post the abstract including results. When should this occur?
Sry for the late reply but I have been out of office for a week. The gathering of data will continue November 31. We will start the analysis January and then compile the results to a manuscript for publication. The process of analyzing, writing it all up, getting it submitted, peer reviewed, accepted and published takes a little time but count on a publication during 2015.

Did the survey. Listed ketamine, 25c-nbome, and 4-aco-dmt as my last novel psychoactives. I wasnt sure whether to count MDMA as novel.

MDMA is not considered a novel psychoactive substance/legal high/research chemical from the angle of our research.

I think it is a bit flawed. It asks about the three most recent novel substances (I assume if you've selected more than three). At the end it asks you to take a happiness assessment. How is this compared? The study didn't ask about non-novel substances and would seem to correlate things which may have no root cause.

My sense of it is that by completing a wellness measure, the whole sample's average level of wellness can be stated and compared with the average of comparison populations. You wouldn't need to make assumptions about causation to make this descriptive comparison, IMHO!

Thank you Tronica for filling in. We have also some other possible correlations in mind but I don't want to describe them here because it might bias the result of future participants.

Makes sense, I probably should have used a better word then flawed; I have minimal experience with research study designs. Why didn't you ask more questions though (ones about perceived danger would be interesting)? Was it for more concise results, or to increase participation - or a little of both (or neither)? Will you share the full results or will we just get an abstract? Do you have a hypothesis or just gathering sociological data?

I await your findings!

I just finished the survey. I enjoyed filling it out actually, glad to participate :) When will the final results of what is being studied be able to be read?

Likewise, glad I can contribute my 3 cents to this survey (a paragraph each on MXE, DPT and bk-2c-b). We need more focused research like this that engages the valuable experience of the community here.

A recommendation - add options about FUTURE motivation to take the drug/s in question. I had a lot of good past motivations for taking 25c, but no future motivation, for reasons which should be fairly obvious to those familiar with the drug.