• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest reading through the abuse recovery thread. Sounds to me like you are experiencing a Long Term Comedown or LTC as it is known around here. My advice to you is exercise, eat nutritiously when you can, and take care of yourself. You are probably in it for the long haul meaning many months or longer. I took the medication route after 6 months and my symptoms disappeared shortly thereafter.

The good news is you WILL recover eventually.

FYI, assuming this is true, no problems will show up at the neurologists or any other doctor's exam. Many people have gone that route and come up empty. You will probably be better off getting counseling or meditating or doing yoga.

Also, avoid any stimulants including caffeine and no drugs or alcohol if you are looking for the fastest possible recovery.

I wish I could help, but I don't even know where to begin... my only advice would be to also say try to eat very healthy. When I feel like shit (I'm 6 weeks clean) and I can't stomach the thought of food, I throw a lot of fruit, maybe even some spinach, and yogurt and juice or milk in a blender and make a smoothie. Eating fresh stuff helps your body heal from all the depletion. Drinking is easier than eating. Also, go for a walk every day. Even if it's just to the end of the street (or you tell yourself that so you get up, maybe you'll make it farther, maybe not, but do it). Each day the world turns is another day closer to feeling better.

Good luck.

You took 3 unknown substances during 3 days in a stressful state of mind/body and that triggered extreme levels of stress that give you the symptoms you describe (depersonalisation, "floating" feelinf etc.)

You have to avoid all kind of drugs (coffe and nicotine included) and give your body/mind the much needed rest.
My advice would be to try and eat as healthy as possible and to exercise. Exercise releases "feel good" chemicals like serotonin and endorphine and strenghtens your body as well as your mind.

You can also try things such as meditation and yoga, they're usually very helpful.

TL; DR: eat healthy, exercise and try meditation/yoga to reduce your stress levels.

Ok you guys seem to be overanalysing this so I feel obligated to post again.

Some people, end up like us, by smoking weed, by taking lsd, by doing dxm, by having a bad experience, smoking a fucking cigarette. TONS OF REPORTS. Those who used heavily for many years im not speaking to you guys sorry. But if this started after ONE PANIC ATTACK, then your brain IS JUST FINE. Holy shit, you dont have serotonin damage or something. It's not mdma-exclusive.

The panic attack may have triggered something but dont convince yourself you have damage. This is starting to make sense, after like 68 pages of this thread. It's almost hilarious thinking about all of this now.

Just went to check in with my doctor. I was very upfront with him as I'm feeling somewhat better and felt clearheaded enough. He actually said to me he's seen people with these symptoms before from amphetamine usage. He explained to me that he believes it is because of sensitization of the brain to it's own natural stimulants e.g noradrenaline so that even the tiniest release sends the body into overload. He said that "no matter how logical or calm you actually are you can't stop these very real symptoms" and that time was the only way to let the brain reset itself. In his opinion it is best to control the anxiety with SSRIs temporarily and then taper off when you start to feel better.

I knew most of this already but it's incredibly relieving for a doctor to acknowledge that our symptoms are real and beyond our immediate control. He said a neurology referral was possible if there was no progress in a few months but that it would most likely turn up blank.

He explained to me that he believes it is because of sensitization of the brain to it's own natural stimulants e.g noradrenaline so that even the tiniest release sends the body into overload.
That's a very interesting hypothesis. Did he by any chance mention how he came to that conclusion?

Just went to check in with my doctor. I was very upfront with him as I'm feeling somewhat better and felt clearheaded enough. He actually said to me he's seen people with these symptoms before from amphetamine usage. He explained to me that he believes it is because of sensitization of the brain to it's own natural stimulants e.g noradrenaline so that even the tiniest release sends the body into overload. He said that "no matter how logical or calm you actually are you can't stop these very real symptoms" and that time was the only way to let the brain reset itself. In his opinion it is best to control the anxiety with SSRIs temporarily and then taper off when you start to feel better.

I knew most of this already but it's incredibly relieving for a doctor to acknowledge that our symptoms are real and beyond our immediate control. He said a neurology referral was possible if there was no progress in a few months but that it would most likely turn up blank.

Wow, you can be glad you have such a doctor, I think he is absolutely right. This sensitization triggers the Panic dissorder, we know as anxiety. Some hyperstimulated brains (All the Symptoms as brainfog, fatigue, strange bodiefeelings, etc..) and the logical conditioning coming with it (anxiety). Thats the " LTC " if you ask me!

That's a very interesting hypothesis. Did he by any chance mention how he came to that conclusion?
He didn't elaborate. He's only a GP but he spoke as if he had a fair amount of knowledge. I actually remember reading a thread on here about this when I first had this LTC -something about norepinephrine receptors actually upregulate and multiply the more they are overstimulated unlike serotonin receptors which downregulate.

Remember, long term comedowns (LTCs) after MDMA are all in your head!!! Pure MDMA does not do this.

hey guys I wanted to ask to some of the more frequent users (so everyone who didn't get ill from a single pill), in retrospect, do you feel like you might have known this was coming? I, for instance, was reacting a bit different to weed for like a month or two three before I got sick. I was also pacing my room a lot. I still felt relaxed and happy though. Maybe the pills were all ready getting to me a bit. Can anyone relate?

TPChan85 - that is a very interesting hypothesis. I am of the very strong belief that my LTC was all anxiety. I have no idea if the anxiety was caused by me working myself up over fears of brain damage or by an actual chemical change in my brain brought on by drug use. I think its likely a combo of both... Time did cure me 100%.

TPChan85 - that is a very interesting hypothesis. I am of the very strong belief that my LTC was all anxiety. I have no idea if the anxiety was caused by me working myself up over fears of brain damage or by an actual chemical change in my brain brought on by drug use. I think its likely a combo of both... Time did cure me 100%.
It seems to ring true for me because my MDMA use was sporadic and in small doses but I used ephedrine and later amphetamine daily for 6 out of 8 months prior to my LTC. I had actually begun to develop minor LTC symptoms before the MDMA night that set the whole thing in motion.

i can agree and comfirm that i had minor LTC symptoms prior my last time. lastly my memory is working fine and i can remember some "strange" days between my MDMA days, that didnt happen (dont know why i was starting to feel anxious when i was alone, my mind raced too much about stupid worries..) but then i didnt give a fuck about it because i thought that i was being hypochondriac...far from truth sometimes you have to hear your body more. i learned the hard way, but i did :) .

Hi, i had a really bad comedown, and i only did molly 2 times in my life. I had mind fog, like dizzy, anxious and depressed. Started searching info about bad comedowns to read things like IRREVERSIBLE DAMAGE, BRAIN DAMAGED, etc. I recovered, it took me some weeks. Some people need less, some need more, but you will recover.
Im finishing my career in 6 months (Medicine) performing as good as ever. So yes, you can and you will recover.

Life is great :)

Well, I am probably having the best night of the year tonight!!! Why? Well, as many in here know, I've been out of work this entire LTC and I've been doing side jobs to keep me afloat. So, I went to get paid and the dude said I can give you all cash or you can get a gram of some really good coke and some cash. I was real skeptical at first and almost said I need the cash. Then, the little devil on my shoulder told me that this would be the perfect test to see how much I've healed from whatever it is that happened to my brain. I mean I keep claiming to be 99% or so recovered even though, yes, I take ssri's now. Note: I will never do MDMA again, but this I thought is my favorite drug and it would tell me how far I've come. Then he sealed it by saying, this isn't the racy cut shit it's the good stuff.

Well, I feel fucking fantastic. What a nice fucking buzz! No anxiety. No adverse effects whatsoever. His gf came home and we proceeded to chat, do a line here and there, and then the holy grail. He handed me an ice cold Stella bottle and I felt like I was drinking holy water. I haven't had a beer in 8 months! Never has a beer tasted so good in my life!

Cheers everybody!!! You WILL get better!!!

hey guys I wanted to ask to some of the more frequent users (so everyone who didn't get ill from a single pill), in retrospect, do you feel like you might have known this was coming? I, for instance, was reacting a bit different to weed for like a month or two three before I got sick. I was also pacing my room a lot. I still felt relaxed and happy though. Maybe the pills were all ready getting to me a bit. Can anyone relate?

For about 3 or 4 months beforehand, I began to experience severe bouts of insomnia, to the point where the only way I could fall asleep was with sleeping pills.

It was a very stressful time for me. I was dealing with family issues at home; work became more and more of a mess due to poor management and some key people leaving, which meant our workload increased two to threefold mainly because of corporate clients. Furthermore, I was doing the weekend warrior thing as well, while also trying to get in an hour or two of exercise on weekdays.

Then one day all hell broke loose, so to speak. And then the day after, I was spent in every way possible. And from then on, it took me about 19 months to get back to feeling normal.

So yeah, I suppose I did sense something was wrong, and that it would only get worse if I didn't drop the party lifestyle, but I was blinded by living in the moment (I was a reckless idiot - plain and simple). Thank goodness I'm still alive after some of the shit I pulled, and I"m not gloating at all here (some really stupid, knuckleheaded behavior on my part).

Speaking of knuckleheaded - since I've recovered, I've used MDMA on a few occasions (about 5 or 6 times over the past 7 years) and have not experienced anymore LTCs. However, I was extremely careful to buy the purest product available, and to have it tested repeatedly before actually consuming it (and to not overdo it + to make sure other potential risks were addressed completely every time).

There was a period of about 3 years where I didn't use any "ecstasy" because I wasn't satisfied with what was available (as it was very shoddy looking crap); wasn't satisfied because I'm not willing to increase the risk involved by way of eating any pill, capsule, powder, and/or shards that I come across. There's way too much bunk out there now. No way in hell I'm gonna risk it like I did over a decade ago (and even back then I shouldn't have risked it either, but what's done is done unfortunately).

I wish everyone else would be more cautious as well, because there will always be another party or rave, but based on my own experiences I can totally relate why someone would not wanna wait. And with all the shit being passed around as if it's "the purest molly ever" (when in fact it's most likely some obscure research chemical) - it's tragic really, but sorry for veering off topic.

Well, I am probably having the best night of the year tonight!!! Why? Well, as many in here know, I've been out of work this entire LTC and I've been doing side jobs to keep me afloat. So, I went to get paid and the dude said I can give you all cash or you can get a gram of some really good coke and some cash. I was real skeptical at first and almost said I need the cash. Then, the little devil on my shoulder told me that this would be the perfect test to see how much I've healed from whatever it is that happened to my brain. I mean I keep claiming to be 99% or so recovered even though, yes, I take ssri's now. Note: I will never do MDMA again, but this I thought is my favorite drug and it would tell me how far I've come. Then he sealed it by saying, this isn't the racy cut shit it's the good stuff.

Well, I feel fucking fantastic. What a nice fucking buzz! No anxiety. No adverse effects whatsoever. His gf came home and we proceeded to chat, do a line here and there, and then the holy grail. He handed me an ice cold Stella bottle and I felt like I was drinking holy water. I haven't had a beer in 8 months! Never has a beer tasted so good in my life!

Cheers everybody!!! You WILL get better!!!

Thats great!
Feels good to hear your progress.
Have a good day

You know Ro its not even that I need to use pills again. I never wanne touch the stuff again. But I miss the raving so much. I don't even need the pills I just wanne dance man I miss it so bad. I can't even listen to my music anymore. I really hope I can get the anxiety out of the way completely so I can drink and go to bed late again. But pills, never again. No worries haha.

[/QUOTE]
I wish everyone else would be more cautious as well, because there will always be another party or rave, but based on my own experiences I can totally relate why someone would not wanna wait. And with all the shit being passed around as if it's "the purest molly ever" (when in fact it's most likely some obscure research chemical) - it's tragic really, but sorry for veering off topic.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.