• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Do I have some mental illness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
When I haven't slept for about 24 hours straight, I start to hear quiet uncommon voices and sounds, I see minor disturbances of objects that are right in front of me, and I feel my body contort when I'm resting. This starts out very lightly, but I quickly descend into an angry emotional wreck stage with very intense hallucinations.

Is this some sort of underlying mental illness, or am I just a person that really needs their sleep?

I think you allready know a few answers to your questions :)

No sleep for 24 hours is allready a sign something is up right.
Wheter its from drugs, drug addiction or stress/anxiety that makes you get no sleep, they all point to the fact something is out of balance at least.

These type of halluciniations are common after sleep deprivation, but i would rather expect them after 36 hours or more, rather then after one night.

And yes, you are a person that really needs to sleep, all humans need their sleep ;)

But these type of intense hallucinations arent common after only one night of sleep.
If this continues to happen, and if it does more often and also when you do get to sleep, you should go see a doctor.

Is this some sort of underlying mental illness, or am I just a person that really needs their sleep?

njirem has hit the nail on the head really...

Only a medical professional could tell you that... it does seem a bit strange to be getting them after only missing 24 hours worth of sleep but if you suffer from sleep problems regularly, then you might be more prone anyway. Plus if you are using drugs, which is why you are up for 24 hours straight... then they too could be the root of your hallucinations.

I'd get some sleep, stay away from drugs for a while & see if you continue to have any problems or not. If you do, or if they come back even after sleeping well, then you most certainly should seek medical help. It would probably be a good idea to regardless if it is recurring.

When I haven't slept for about 24 hours straight, I start to hear quiet uncommon voices and sounds, I see minor disturbances of objects that are right in front of me, and I feel my body contort when I'm resting. This starts out very lightly, but I quickly descend into an angry emotional wreck stage with very intense hallucinations.

Sounds like could be a combo . Mental issues plus no sleep. I know some perfectly sober/sane people who just can't function without their sleep... but If I don't sleep for a day I'm brutally anxious /depressed and I hear voices in my head. I've been diagnosed with a list of disorders but my shrink and I are both against generally diagnosing people. Everyone's too different for that. Of course some people are flat out undeniably schizophrenic , but generally diagnostics are used to push pills and make a good filing cabinet for insurance companies . There has to be a "reason" . Unfortunately unless you're able to afford some serious testing you're just gonna talk to a "pro" and get a diagnosis on paper and a script.

bro have you done anything that would cause you to stay up? Meth speed or whatever could draw out bipolar with psychotic features......trust me been there done that....get some benzo's and sleep but don't get addicted to them.

it could be a combination of both. I strongly advise you see a doctor <3

Status
Not open for further replies.