• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids oxycodone smoking fail?

Today was my first time trying to smoke oxycodone. I heard from a friend that it was doable so I figured it was worth a one time try at least. my pill was Oxycodone HCL 10mg small round and pink with an imprint NP12 (Np on one side and 12 on other).

I crushed up half and put it on a piece of tin foil and put a lighter underneath it, inhaling through a plastic tube. what ended up happening was BURNING! lots of burning. the powered pill burned black, the tinfoil burned, and the smoke I inhaled tasted like burnt charcoal and my throat BURNED! as for a high, I didn't feel anything.

Now, after doing some research on here I've learned that A.) I smoked the wrong side of the tin foil (can someone please explain to me why it has to be a particular side?) and B.) the pill is supposed to melt, not burn. so was I holding the lighter too close? there was no where I could find an explanation of what distance the lighter should be held from the tin foil.

So after my research I even attempted to try it a second time using only 1/4 of a solid (non-crushed pill). this time I used the correct side of the foil and didn't touch the lighter directly to the foil.... however, my pill still DIDN't melt, just burned, burned, burned to a black crisp!

Can someone please explain two things to me that I desperately need to know:

1.) what am I doing wrong with the smoking process?
2.) what harm or potential harm have I done to my health inhaling burnt up pill (right now my throat hurts like a bitch and I have a headache, so I am pretty worried... :( )

I feel stupid, I should have just stuck to snorting. damnit.

Dude, your best bet is to just eat them. It's a waste to hee haw around with smoking them. Save the tin foil for the tar.

smoking pills is mostly about the ritual of setting it up and actually doing the action of smoking though, this is a fact.

I agree, for all the good smoking does, you may as well stick your dope up your ass (sorry, really bad pun). I have some redish 60s straight from the pharma, so I wonder how they would smoke, or plug. Seems like plugging would take hours for them to dissolve. What a shame, big pharma is messing everything up. I'm almost 60, so I remeber when pharma was the best thing going.

Ok, I see this is a necro thread, and I haven't signed on in ages so sorry this is what I chose to post. But from the top several posts I can see there is no mention of this so I have a story for you youngsters, that you may not only be educated, but so that you don't waste any oxy ever again:

A long time ago, some (ONLY SOME!) OC formulations were VERY smokeable. Chasing on foil resulted in a rapid onset, full peak effect, near maximum BA (barring IV), and on top of all that, almost as if some wise and sneaky high-up pharma chemist had formulated it just for junkies, it chased better than tar on foil and tasted and smelled indescribably great to boot. The only (negligible and logical) downside was that oxycontin, when taken orally, would last around half a day or longer (for the opioid naive) because of the time release, whereas vaporization/inhalation of the same amount of the same brand defeated the time release and reduced effect time to a few hours at most - somewhere approaching the normal duration of action of oxycodone.

This state of affairs went on for some time, with very few people ever in the know for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately, circa mid-late 2010, the DEA, DOJ, and every other 3-letter acronym that works day and night to make cool things shitty caught wind of the fact that people were having a blast with an ROA that is nearly impossible to OD from, so they went and cranked every neck in pharmaville over it. Practically overnight, the manufacturers unveiled a new formulation. In contrast to the old formulation, the new one was designed to taste like a tire fire when smoked and was nearly impossible to crush into a powder. Everyone and their mothers tried every way imaginable to cheat the new mechanism, believe me - every attempt failed. The new fillers/binders were designed to encase the active ingredient in such a way that it would ONLY be released if certain environmental conditions were met, including a high-acidity environment, probably requiring hydrochloric acid and digestive enzymes - i.e. your stomach. That ruled out every other ROA (with the possible exception of IV, but I have no firsthand information regarding that, never knew anyone who did it, and it was probably covered by the great OC fun-o-caust/binder reformulation anyways - plus, nobody should ever inject anything, including crushed pills, and it was stupid back when it was possible anyways).

Conclusion - any talk dating after 2011-ish of smoking any oxycodone formulation is bullshit, like when you gave that douchebag a sugarcube, told him it was LSD, and then got a thousand LOLs for the rest of the night because they acted like they were tripping balls, except that having someone eat a gram of table sugar isn't going to affect their life (except for the psychological aspect of being hazed like that), whereas trying to smoke any oxy pill nowadays is like taking a bongload of vaporized car tire, which probably isn't the best lifestyle choice and has no payoff anyways because you won't be ingesting any oxy. The single exception (that I can think of) is anyone lucky enough to find an untouched stash of the old formulation, which certainly was possible for some time after the reformulation. The world may be a big place, but I can almost guarantee you that all stockpiles of the old formulation that survived the fun-o-caust have been long exhausted by now unless they were hidden on the moon (and kept in a total vacuum so that it won't decay).

tl;dr - just eat the fucking oxy, man. Oral BA is something like 60-75%. If thats not enough, your tolerance is too high and its probably time to take a break (and if that's the case, check out The Dark Side and Sober Living, there is help there).

Edits: Extra information, spelling, and sentence structure/syntax, because "I have the best words".

Last edited:
Hey guys... I just read this thread now and wanted to share some information...over the past 2 years, I?ve seen a huge epidemic where I live of people buying oxys. Street dealers are moving the 30MG for $25+ a pop! People who are addicted don?t only take one a day... more like 4-5 pills. So if an addict was buying 4-5 pills , just imagine how much money he?s spending!! Well... that addict I?m referring to is ME!!! I?ve beem smoking oxys daily for about 2 years now and let me tell you...I?m not alone. My close friend introduced it to me and now 3-4 of my friends smoke it regularly. Oxycodone is the best drug in the world. There is no drug that gives such a great feeling. Unfortunately it?s so freaking good and addicting that we keep trying and trying to stop but we end up back to the foil!

I smoke the 30MG (M,A51, A215, K9, ALG, E) oxys regularly and the feeling is almost instant. In order to use the pill wisely so you won?t crush it up in big pieces and waste it, go buy a hose clamp from Home Depot or any type of similar store. They?re super cheap... $1. If u unscrew the hose clamp , you can use it as a grinder. You put the foil(shiny side down) and start burning the shiny side so you can remove all the chemicals from the foil.( you should see black smoke that smells bad leaving the foil). After you can just grind the pill like a cocaine line and use a straw and lighter to burn it from underneath.

I know a lot of people on here say it?s stupid to smoke the oxy and it?s a waste but I disagree. Im sure it?s not the healthiest form of taking it but youre already taking the drug oxycodone so what the heck!!! How much worse can it possibly be? It might honestly be way more addicting smoking it but you can?t beat the instant high. I love smoking it off the foil. The whole process of grinding the oxy and lining it on the foil makes the experience 100x more enjoyable for me rather then popping it once and that?s it. I enjoy the whole process of smoking it. Depending on your tolerance each pills should last you 3-5 hours while smoking. People who say your high lasts 30 minutes have no clue what they?re talking about .... I smoked 2 pills at 8am and I wasn?t kicking or sweating until about 3-4pm. Everyones body is different.

I?m not motivating or trying to convince anyone to smoke oxys but you DO get High off of it. I spend around $2-3000 on oxys every month. I know it?s fucking insane and I have a huge problem but I?m working on it. All my buddies and I have been successfull in life so far becoming a lawyer, pharmacist , engineer and at 30 years old , I never imagined us smoking oxys!! It?s causing a lot of problems in our life?s mainly because these pills are super expensive and we have no other source to purchase it from. Also I smoke cigarettes as well so this combination just KILLS my appetite.
I?ve lost weight and sometimes I might have just 1 chocolate chip cookie the whole day and i still won?t have an appetite. We just bought a huge box of suboxone !!!!! I don?t regret doing oxys for 2 years.... it was super fun and I enjoyed it. But it?s really not worth the stress, time and money to be hooked on this drug!! It will make you become homeless

Hey guys... I just read this thread now and wanted to share some information...over the past 2 years, I?ve seen a huge epidemic where I live of people buying oxys. Street dealers are moving the 30MG for $25+ a pop! People who are addicted don?t only take one a day... more like 4-5 pills. So if an addict was buying 4-5 pills , just imagine how much money he?s spending!! Well... that addict I?m referring to is ME!!! I?ve beem smoking oxys daily for about 2 years now and let me tell you...I?m not alone. My close friend introduced it to me and now 3-4 of my friends smoke it regularly. Oxycodone is the best drug in the world. There is no drug that gives such a great feeling. Unfortunately it?s so freaking good and addicting that we keep trying and trying to stop but we end up back to the foil!

I smoke the 30MG (M,A51, A215, K9, ALG, E) oxys regularly and the feeling is almost instant. In order to use the pill wisely so you won?t crush it up in big pieces and waste it, go buy a hose clamp from Home Depot or any type of similar store. They?re super cheap... $1. If u unscrew the hose clamp , you can use it as a grinder. You put the foil(shiny side down) and start burning the shiny side so you can remove all the chemicals from the foil.( you should see black smoke that smells bad leaving the foil). After you can just grind the pill like a cocaine line and use a straw and lighter to burn it from underneath.

I know a lot of people on here say it?s stupid to smoke the oxy and it?s a waste but I disagree. Im sure it?s not the healthiest form of taking it but youre already taking the drug oxycodone so what the heck!!! How much worse can it possibly be? It might honestly be way more addicting smoking it but you can?t beat the instant high. I love smoking it off the foil. The whole process of grinding the oxy and lining it on the foil makes the experience 100x more enjoyable for me rather then popping it once and that?s it. I enjoy the whole process of smoking it. Depending on your tolerance each pills should last you 3-5 hours while smoking. People who say your high lasts 30 minutes have no clue what they?re talking about .... I smoked 2 pills at 8am and I wasn?t kicking or sweating until about 3-4pm. Everyones body is different.

I?m not motivating or trying to convince anyone to smoke oxys but you DO get High off of it. I spend around $2-3000 on oxys every month. I know it?s fucking insane and I have a huge problem but I?m working on it. All my buddies and I have been successfull in life so far becoming a lawyer, pharmacist , engineer and at 30 years old , I never imagined us smoking oxys!! It?s causing a lot of problems in our life?s mainly because these pills are super expensive and we have no other source to purchase it from. Also I smoke cigarettes as well so this combination just KILLS my appetite.
I?ve lost weight and sometimes I might have just 1 chocolate chip cookie the whole day and i still won?t have an appetite. We just bought a huge box of suboxone !!!!! I don?t regret doing oxys for 2 years.... it was super fun and I enjoyed it. But it?s really not worth the stress, time and money to be hooked on this drug!! It will make you become homeless

Dude...that is just crazy...

Get your suboxone....work out a taper and stop....or you WILL lose everything....

Good luck man.

Dude you have no idea on cost. I live in northeast Ohio and the prices are ridiculous!! Most of the time I get 15 or 30mg pills and the cheapest I've been able to find them in the past 2 months is 21 for a 15 and 40 for 30s. I've been on them since 2014 the longest I've been off em was 3 months solid no fuck ups while on probation. The real reason I ever got into them heavy was because the probation, me being an heavy pot smoker I needed something and it's damn near the closest high. Me and my dude throw down the same amount about every other day (as long as the plug is stocked) which is around 700 each getting any real pills (cuz my town is full of pressed shit and these people are getting so good you can barely tell) we can get out hands on no matter the mg at this point. I paid 11bucks each for some 5mg mboxs the other night. Get me out of this shithole.