Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine / MXE Thread - Holey Shit no. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Nostalgia', I like it.
Finally found a vendor for MXE but ofcourse they don't ship to Australia. Our border security is over rated but seems to do a good job scaring vendors.

I would like to get the opinions from those who are well versed with mxe. I would like to use to this chemical for fun, but also for cerebral enhancement (I've done it two or three times, the first time was serene, it must have been a great batch, however it was a chinese polymorph, the second time felt a bit off in that I almost felt sad and frustrated with the drugs effects, it was really making me feel strangely negative and was a european polymorph which may have been nothing like great mxe.)

I always kept the doses pretty low, under 20mg, and don't ever think I want to hole on mxe. I want to use it in low doses to 'level myself up' as a redditor once said about everytime he dosed mxe it would improve him mentally and physically.

Does anyone feel that mxe can induce long-term enhancement of cognitive and brain functions? Or is it simply while on the drug? Does any enhancement wear off after several days of stopping?

Also a more obscure question but I am very interested in this, and for sake of harm reduction I simply want to know if I am looking at the wrong drug for this last question, perhaps there is something more suitable. I am looking for a substance that will enhance television and movie viewing, really provide intellectual stimulation and allow one to analyze and really get into the show or movie they are watching. Maybe this question is too obscure. Lol, I have read about people not enjoying watching things while on mxe, just wanted other peoples 2 cents.

Would 4-aco-dmt be more suitable for becoming more immersed in a television show or film for the sake of maximum enjoyment? These 2 chemicals are very easy for me to come by and was hoping one of them can fulfill this for me. For instance, I have completely lost interest in Game of Thrones after the 2nd season, but I know if I were using a catalyst like mxe or 4-aco-dmt perhaps I would find a GREATLY renewed interest in the show!

Anyways I guess I will have to figure it out through trial and error.

Last edited:
Your questions are difficult to answer because they can go either way. To oversimplify, I find that MXE can enhance right-brain function, 'cloud computing' as I like to call it, but it can also diminish left brain capacities without a tolerance on a sufficient dose. Juggling numbers and multitasking if not in a good flow can feel like more of a hassle. On the other hand it can put you 'in the mix' in a novel and exciting perspective. It can assist intuition, but concrete concepts can appear more messy to visualize accurately.

Dissociatives have been demonstrated to promote neurogenesis and repair brain connections damaged from stress and drug abuse, but it could also be neurotoxic on the other hand. I believe it all depends on what you do with it. 'If you don't use it you lose it', and 'for everything you you tune into there is something you tune out of' etc. Balance is key obviously. As for the 'leveling up' notion, I've seen that comment and resonate with it. I call it my 'M drive' that turns on when using MXE. Its like an additional processor, but it can also use up the bandwidth reserved for your other processors.
Describing this stuff is traveling nebulous and abstract territory as there isn't much of a solid frame of reference.

For movie watching, too high a dose can make you lose the plot if it is complex. On the other hand it can immerse you in the moment and find you 'in the movie', in the head of the characters etc. It will certainly help you see from a different perspective compared to sober viewing. You can see a movie as if it is a totally new experience even if you have previously seen it.

Last edited:
Yes I was aware of this ability to repair brain connections, particularly from mdma abuse, at least I was aware that ketamine has been proven to do so. I was hoping mxe also had this trait.

Seeing as I will now be able to sample pure mxe, or highly pure, I'm quite excited. It seems not all sources are created equal. Choose wisely is the lesson I have learned.

I understand MXE has a deeply spiritual side, which I honestly would rather gain mental improvements from using this chemical rather than really go deep into other realms and access higher dimensions with it, my spiritual life is not tied to drugs. Anyways I don't mean to talk about my spiritual life here, but I do feel this drug is a great tool for mind, body, and spirit and it is always a shame to see such tools be abused by people and even worse people become addicted to them.

I hope MXE enjoys a long life before it is scheduled, what a shame that will be. If we treated these molecules with the utmost care and respect, I don't think there would be a need for drug laws. Anyways I am getting way off the point lol.

Moderation seems to be the answer, I don't plan on using this daily. Mainly on weekends and perhaps one night during the week, although I do see myself using it 3-4x a week in the beginning. To really become acquainted and get a feel for the benefits I can gain from it, and as I have felt from my first use MXE would like me to stay at lower dosages.

Btw, I saw someone post a couple pages back that they were going to try riding their bike in a park, just make sure not to dose too much lol! Personally I went for a 20 mile bike ride across town my 2nd time on the chemical, and I had a unique sense of limitless endurance while riding, like some kind of unstoppable machine aware of every reflex I was making as I found a much welcome strength and speed on the bike. But again, do be careful! I was still intoxicated, but as long as the dose stays at the right amount you can maintain perfect control over motor functions.

I will say that I have noticed I seem to perform better physically on MXE, within reasonable dosages. I took 45mg last night, 25mg then 20mg, and me and my friends were all trying to jump up and grab ahold of the upper deck ledge and do pull-ups (it's probably 9 feet up from the ground or so). I was able to jump up with extra room to spare and grab it every time and pull myself up, from standing flat-footed, completely effortlessly. It was actually freaking me and my friends out a little how high I was jumping. Last time I did MXE at my friend's house I was doing the same thing. But the next morning I found that it was very difficult, though not impossible. I find when I do MXE at moderate dosages I feel physically compelled to do things, involving balancing, jumping, or other physical tests, and I do them really well. Once the dosage gets higher than moderate the balance stuff gets pretty impossible though. :)

I also want to say that I combined 70mg of MDMA with a total of 55mg of MXE last night (I took 10mg more after the jumping thing described above, and then a little later, some MDMA). That's a very small dose of MDMA for me. Generally I have been utterly unable to experience a classic roll from MDMA in the past 10 years. MDMA doesn't seem to give me that magical flood of empathy and euphoria anymore, it basically makes me feel sleepy and fuzzy and pretty good, even at much higher doses than 70mg (up to 250mg I've taken it). However, on top of the MXE that 70mg was... simply the best roll I've had since I was 20. It was wonderful, more psychedelic than MDMA alone, and the MXE effects remained intact. But I was flooded with love and connectedness, very social, and super energetic and mentally quick. My friends and I talked about and listened to music all night and it was a really special experience for me. I might even go far as to say that in the future, whenever I take MDMA, it will be on top of MXE. There was something really beautiful and synergistic about the combo. It also felt very benign, absolutely no worries whatsoever, it felt clean and this morning other than being tired from 3 hours of sleep, I feel just fine. Three thumbs up. :)

Wow that sounds like a great experience Xorkoth. I abused my brain with molly about 3 years ago over the period of a couple weeks. Basically the last time I ate molly I did not feel good at all, in fact I felt completely dysphoric. If I ever roll again, and it would only be in a social setting (who would want to roll alone lol, well I did quite a bit), it looks like mxe will be involved, also 5-htp supplementation along with a whole plethora of other supplements in the weeks prior to and after the roll. I have a very low tolerance for crashes and dysphoria anymore.

Usually a couple glasses of wine and some sativa can fix an emergency spell of dysphoria, also a benzo. I don't usually drink with benzos, well actually that's a lie, but I need to stop b/c it's dangerous even in low amounts and quite addictive, but it's guaranteed relief from a nasty comedown or dysphoric twist on a roll/trip.

Yeah basically I abused MDMA too, actually like 8 years ago now, and it's never been the same for me again. Even before I abused it I wasn't getting good rolls anymore, but the abuse period (just a couple of weeks) really put the nail in the coffin for me and MDMA. But it was magical last night, really wonderful.

I know in the past I have warned against combining MXE with serotonin releasers... I did have a weird experience combining with 4-FA that I even wrote a report about. But mixed with MDMA it honestly felt much cleaner than MDMA by itself. I would be utterly shocked to discover that there was anything dangerous going on in terms of interactions.

That's pretty much everyone's summation. It never felt remotely dangerous to me... 6-APDB and MXE is throughly amazing!

That's pretty much everyone's summation. It never felt remotely dangerous to me... 6-APDB and MXE is throughly amazing!

I know in the past I have warned against combining MXE with serotonin releasers... I did have a weird experience combining with 4-FA that I even wrote a report about. But mixed with MDMA it honestly felt much cleaner than MDMA by itself. I would be utterly shocked to discover that there was anything dangerous going on in terms of interactions.

I have combined MXE with 6-APB and I'm also still alive ;)

So taking MXE plus serotonin releasers doesn't seem to cause serotonin syndrome.

But I still like solo MXE better than ANY combo I've tried.

Solo MXE was much different from MXE + MDMA. But MXE + MDMA was much better than MDMA by itself for me, so much better. Really great, I may try to take that combo again if I go to this electronic music festival this weekend (which I think I am).

MXE on top of methylone was also really good, but MXE + MDMA felt like a special combo. I took the MDMA after already in the MXE state pretty thoroughly, I feel like it would work best that way. Especially since I only took 70mg of MDMA. I did do 2 finger dabs to boost later but it didn't really make any difference, just prolonged it.

Solo MXE was much different from MXE + MDMA. But MXE + MDMA was much better than MDMA by itself for me, so much better. Really great, I may try to take that combo again if I go to this electronic music festival this weekend (which I think I am).

MXE on top of methylone was also really good, but MXE + MDMA felt like a special combo. I took the MDMA after already in the MXE state pretty thoroughly, I feel like it would work best that way. Especially since I only took 70mg of MDMA. I did do 2 finger dabs to boost later but it didn't really make any difference, just prolonged it.
What festival is this you speak of, or is it a secret party?

No and actually just found out we're not going... I mean I still could but I don't want to go myself.

It's called "TOUCH Samadhi" and it's an equinox psytrance festival.

No and actually just found out we're not going... I mean I still could but I don't want to go myself.

It's called "TOUCH Samadhi" and it's an equinox psytrance festival.
XORKOTH YOU TEMPT me with these things...i wouldve told the family i have to take a business trip this weekend to go....hehheheh hey man I would love to see u at a music event like this...keep me informed if u care if not its cool too. Next psy party im going to is Futterwacken (low key half secret) in a month or so...Brooklyn. not as cool as TOUCH though, equinox psy festivals are out of this world...[video=youtube_share;b6wBV4AB7CQ]http://youtu.be/b6wBV4AB7CQ[/video]

Last edited:
Ugh, I live in the entirely wrong place for participating in a real life psychedelic community... Closest thing I've done is go to a small fest with Grateful Dead and The Doors cover bands, with some local blue grass and folk music bands too. Those blue grass and folk bands though man... They REALLY get down. Don't you underestimate the power of a washboard as an instrument!

Back to MXE though. On this past Friday I stayed in instead of going drinking, and did 45mg nasally. It was a fairly normal experience, until during the peak when I hit a small bowl of some decent bud. As soon as I did that, I laid back down and I had the strongest OEV's I've ever had on MXE. The room was taking on a watery shimmer, and the ceiling fan kept coming closer and farther away. I had The Orb's U.F.Orb album playing, and the sounds were so fluid at that moment, and it felt as if I was becoming one with... everything. Not in an enlightening way, but just... It felt amazing. I felt an oceanic connectedness to everything I could see around me, particularly the carpet I was laying on hahah.

Just wanted to report an awesome MXE experience, at a reasonably low dose (in my book at least). It was more powerful than higher dose experiences I've had in the past, which is what surprised me so much about it. :)

Last edited:
Yeah man, Bluegrass is the shit. Do you have any friends that are into psychedelics, or just into festivals and stuff? You should plan a trip to one, it would be worth it. :) We had to drive 5 hours to the one I went to. Though this one (that I'm not going to anymore) is right around where I live though.

Man I'm kinda tempted to go anyway but I also want to hang out with this girl I just started hanging out with who's leaving in 2 weeks, so I guess it's fine. I just don't feel like going to a festival myself (even though I'd probably still have an epic time and hang out with all sorts of people).

Most people I know are drug users, but of those only like... 1/3rd still use psychs, the others have either been too scared to try them, damaged themselves with them (one friend used an Nbome weekly two summers back, and now he genuinely believes he has severe brain damage from it and is scared off from all psychs), or are simply unreliable people, who when you're like "Hey, there's a cheap fest a month from now, only 60 bucks for tickets, and we can bring our own drugs easy to save money," are like "Nah man, I can't afford that." Then proceed to buy and consume ounces of weed.

Basically, my friends are always too stoned to do jack shit, and as I move away from pot more and more, it makes it even harder to get them out and about. I'm excited to move home soon though. My friends in my home town (big metropolitan area) are always down to trip and always go to shit like you talked about... I'm stuck in limbo, waiting till I can head back to the city and really effing socialize!

Last edited:
Yeah I have a good friend like that, one of my best friends, from middle school/high school. He smokes so much and he's always got no energy, and he's like nah man, I can't afford that right now. But smokes a ton of weed and just buys it at base level prices.

Yeah I have a good friend like that, one of my best friends, from middle school/high school. He smokes so much and he's always got no energy, and he's like nah man, I can't afford that right now. But smokes a ton of weed and just buys it at base level prices.
I've been in a mode of life similar to that back in early high school. That's no way to live man, but some people stay like that their whole lives. Makes me think of my personal quote i just added to my profile here by Roosevelt lol. You need to have goals in life to get anywhere worthwhile basically.

Mmmm, should be getting a decent amount of MXE in the coming weeks. Been about a month since my last experience. Can't wait to dose some with some pregabalin and some 2c-P! Then get nice and stoned as well and maybe have a drink or two. I'm
Definitely ready for some psychedically charged times!

I have also found it's really awesome to take a dose of MXE before you take your psychedelic. Really seems to help with easing into the trip really smoothly.

Yeah people have been saying that, I usually take it after I'm established into the psychedelic, or at the same time, I'll have to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.