• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

EADD Film Recommendations v5 - TBC

i saw room. it was pretty good but not incredible.

i watched ex-machina last night and really enjoyed it. it has domhnall gleeson who seems to be in everything lately.

alasdair

Saw FUBAR the musical today. Men in fishnets, dancing water melons and free lattes. Highly recommended but contains drug use and strong sex scenes.

Last edited:
i saw room. it was pretty good but not incredible.

i watched ex-machina last night and really enjoyed it. it has domhnall gleeson who seems to be in everything lately.

alasdair

Ex machina is a good movie :) - glad you enjoyed room. Have you seen 'The Big Short' (Four denizens in the world of high-finance predict the credit and housing bubble collapse of the mid-2000s, and decide to take on the big banks for their greed and lack of foresight). Really worth watching.

Victor Frankenstein - Told from Igor's perspective, we see the troubled young assistant's dark origins, his redemptive friendship with the young medical student Viktor Von Frankenstein, and become eyewitnesses to the emergence of how Frankenstein became the man - and the legend - we know today.

Interesting take on the movie and worth watching .

For a B movie with no million bucks budget or top actors, it did manage to hold my interest which a lot of other films don't manage. Maybe because the girl loves the cock.

50/50 (2011) Only just watched this for the first time, Gordon Levitt didn't disappoint once again.

Titicut Follies

Titicut Follies is a 1967 American documentary film directed by Frederick Wiseman and filmed by John Marshall, about the patient-inmates of Bridgewater State Hospital for the criminally insane, a Massachusetts Correctional Institution in Bridgewater, Massachusetts. In 1967 the film won awards in Germany and Italy. Later on, Wiseman made a number of such films examining social institutions (e.g. hospitals, police, schools, etc.) in the United States.

The title of the film is taken from a talent show put on by the hospital's inmates, which was named after the Wampanoag word for the nearby Taunton River.

I've just watched this and found it to be a sad, fascinating insight into how treatment has developed over the years. I highly recommend this to anyone interested in things about psychiatric disorders and their treatment. I know that comprises most of the patrons to the site.

I watched the 2013 remake of Evil Dead on Film 4 the other night. It was really very good, a million times better than the 1981 original which seems laughable in comparison as it has dated so badly, but in the new film the overall quality, tension and action sequences were ratcheted up right from the start and sustained right the way through the film keeping you hooked on the edge of your seat throughout.

There are some slight variations in the plot, one of the group of friends plans to use the time spent miles from anywhere to quit unspecified drugs, and a lot of the first apparent siteings of the demons are initially rationalised away as some kind of drug withdrawal induced delerium. When the evil spirits get unwittingly summoned (Christ the guy reading "that book" aloud was one dumb fucker) and possesses its' hosts one by one this in particular is so much better done than the original, where the special effects were pretty much limited to insanely applied make-up, and those demon eyes and voice have also been improved upon. All the action sequences are way better too. They could have made an equally crap cheap and nasty remake, glad they made the effort to produce a decent film.

Last edited:
Titicut Follies

I've just watched this and found it to be a sad, fascinating insight into how treatment has developed over the years. I highly recommend this to anyone interested in things about psychiatric disorders and their treatment. I know that comprises most of the patrons to the site.

Cheers Don, Ill watch that tonight - sounds interesting.

With a lack of decent recent releases I rewatched this Mysterious skin
With its raw in your face attitude of a difficult subject it leaves you a bit flabergasted, I love it.

I watched the 2013 remake of Evil Dead on Film 4 the other night. It was really very good, a million times better than the 1981 original which seems laughable in comparison as it has dated so badly, but in the new film the overall quality, tension and action sequences were ratcheted up right from the start and sustained right the way through the film keeping you hooked on the edge of your seat throughout.

There are some slight variations in the plot, one of the group of friends plans to use the time spent miles from anywhere to quit unspecified drugs, and a lot of the first apparent siteings of the demons are initially rationalised away as some kind of drug withdrawal induced delerium. When the evil spirits get unwittingly summoned (Christ the guy reading "that book" aloud was one dumb fucker) and possesses its' hosts one by one this in particular is so much better done than the original, where the special effects were pretty much limited to insanely applied make-up, and those demon eyes and voice have also been improved upon. All the action sequences are way better too. They could have made an equally crap cheap and nasty remake, glad they made the effort to produce a decent film.

Now that sounds good. Do you have a link to it please?

With a lack of decent recent releases I rewatched this Mysterious skin
With its raw in your face attitude of a difficult subject it leaves you a bit flabergasted, I love it.

More flabered than your gast has ever been?

Now that sounds good. Do you have a link to it please?

I'm afraid not, but i can check whether it's due to be re-screened on Film 4 within the next 2 weeks if that's of any help to you.

You seen theres an Evil Dead series thats been on recently? Ash Vs Evil Dead

More flabered than your gast has ever been?

I'm afraid not, but i can check whether it's due to be re-screened on Film 4 within the next 2 weeks if that's of any help to you.

Please excuse my ignorance, but do I need a subscription for film 4, or is it a freeview jobbie? If it's free then yes please. The original freaked me out good style, but I can see how dated it is now. I like the sound of this remake.

I've noticed that but it looks like you have to pay extra to watch it on the Virgin TV subscription package I'm lumbered with so I haven't watched it.

Have you seen it? Is it any good?