• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

EADD Film Recommendations v5 - TBC

I really liked that film SHM. I went to see it at the cinema and it's one of the few times I've been and the whole audience laughed out loud.

Had that recommended to me by a certain French EADDer ages ago. Acquired it at the time but never did get around to watching it. Watched some other films recently but were either shite or have forgetten them enough they may as well be. Better luck next time, me :!

Thought tonight would be a fitting night to finish watching Awakenings

Robin Williams played his role solidly even though it was De Niro who stole the performance, as you would expect all things considered. R.I.P.

You ever read the book, Chat? Film is unwatchable afterwards but book remains a classic even after the horribly mawkish pap that was the film. It's probably the least interesting of his books (to me) but kinda inspirational all the same. The details make all the difference though. His most recent one was on how hallucinations and drugged states relate to mental illness and the like. Apparently speed + LSD was his favourite. They skipped that in the film but given he only admitted to it years later that's no great surprise. Does perhaps go some way to explaining his unusual sensitivity and insight into various bizarre mental states though.

You ever read the book, Chat? Film is unwatchable afterwards but book remains a classic even after the horribly mawkish pap that was the film. It's probably the least interesting of his books (to me) but kinda inspirational all the same. The details make all the difference though. His most recent one was on how hallucinations and drugged states relate to mental illness and the like. Apparently speed + LSD was his favourite. They skipped that in the film but given he only admitted to it years later that's no great surprise. Does perhaps go some way to explaining his unusual sensitivity and insight into various bizarre mental states though.

Sometimes mawkish is just what you want for a lazy evening in front of the TV! I'll have to acquire the book & see what I make of it though.

Is Hallucinations the book you are referring to? Only £1.90 on Kindle currently... steal. I suppose he probably mentions the use of ketamine as a model for schizophrenia? I think that is meant to be the closest one can get to what some experience.

Might watch Leon later, havent seen that for years

Only just saw this, weird cos that was what I was thinking earlier as well. Great film. I watched Blow for the first time earlier, pretty good, did fuck all to help with coke cravings though haha.

Is Hallucinations the book you are referring to? Only £1.90 on Kindle currently... steal. I suppose he probably mentions the use of ketamine as a model for schizophrenia? I think that is meant to be the closest one can get to what some experience.

That's the fella. Not read it myself but have several of his other books - all well worth a read if interested in the most extraordinary states of mind and what they can teach us about the mind in general. There is an element of sheer fascination at just how bizarre perceptions can become with certain forms of brain injury and the like but he has a very engaging and humane style so it never descends into freakshow territory. There is fascination at the sheer oddness of some of these conditions but you're always also aware of the patient as person not just as symptoms.

Ive got Hallucinations Shamz, if you wanna borrow. was a gift so need it back though. its HB and the dog managed to maul the corner but ill mail it out today if you wanna read, while im mailing other stuffs

Ooh you are a star, Mz Marmz <3

Oddly enough, I rediscovered that memory stick you sent me aaaaaaaaaages back with loads of music and films and stuff on just t'other day. I rather overlooked it at the time due to... well mainly due to being a bit nutz at the height of my peevish excesses so was a nice find. Got plenty to keep me going for a while there it seems - thankee kindlee, Mzee Marmzee =D<3

that there stick had a fuck load of decent music related docus, philosopical stuff too. found a fuckload more while organising my drives, so if i see owt youd be interested in Ill pass it on.

iirc theres a Gilbert n George interview on the pen i sent which was mesmerising. theyre a fucking beautiful pair.so switched on and humanists through n.through

Half way through hallucinations..in fact have been for some time as misplaced it and now weirdly found.

I used to work where awakenings actually took place... hmm.

Not with it today will come back when can articulate sentence and have changed yesterdays jamas..:?

I may watch 'Mum and Dad; followed by something else as miserable twisted and horrific tonight...

Watch 'A scanner darkly'! watching hallucinatory stuff whilst hallucinating has got to be good bang for your buck.

Can anyone recommend me a good 'drug film' I haven't seen? Similar to stuff like Pulp Fiction, Blow, True Romance, Trainspotting etc etc. I can't think of any I still need to watch but I know there must be some.

Can anyone recommend me a good 'drug film' I haven't seen? Similar to stuff like Pulp Fiction, Blow, True Romance, Trainspotting etc etc. I can't think of any I still need to watch but I know there must be some.

Limitless is pretty far from all of those films mentioned. Fear and Loathing, City of God, Requiem for a Dream, Traffic?? The basketball diaries,.. Boogie Nights?

Limitless is pretty far from all of those films mentioned. Fear and Loathing, City of God, Requiem for a Dream, Traffic?? The basketball diaries,.. Boogie Nights?

Yeah, Limitless looks good anyway though. Seen Requiem and Basketball Diaries, Requiem is one of my favourite films. Pretty sure I've seen Traffic as well, will look the other ones up though. Fear and Loathing was actually one I'd been meaning to watch for ages, just forgot about it. Thanks!

Drug film? Terribly acted but Enter The Void is worth it for the DMT trip at the beginning and the 30 mins of gratuitous non-stop sex at the end. Also gotta love a film that made a loss of about 63 zillion pounds at the box office.