European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

The 'What Have You Bought Recently?' Thread - Because Summer Is a Show Off

SummerSerenade

Bluelighter
Thread title because I knew someone would say it. HOWEVER I like talking about things I've bought because the things I buy I generally quite exciting (to me) and I like seeing everyone else's cool purchases. So if anyone else is feelin' me then let's do this shit bitches.

This week I bought... BEDDING. As I am having a double bed in my new uni house and can't steal all my mum's bedding I have had to buy all the shit I need from scratch. Surprising how expensive it can become. Fitted sheets and other boring stuff you can imagine but I also treated myself to this lurvely duvet cover (clicky clicky bigger bigger). Quite expensive but I'd wanted it for ages and it is so me:

The only other things I have bought this week are drugs and wine. And some baggies off eBay :sus: But that's not exciting.

Your turn. Post or I'll beat you, this is my first thread and it shall be fabulous.

Things I've bought recently, because I like things...

A hat
lT0X9Ib.jpg

Records
41%2BfejdUkaL.jpg

51TFB8vcsHL.jpg

A1sa%2B9NtRYL._SL1500_.jpg

Sunglasses
31QtR%2B7XaEL._UX466_.jpg

Records?! Ooh, assume you have a record player then? I've never used one but they look pretty cool. Do you collect them or just have a few good ones?

Thinking of buying a new snooker cue. How exciting i know. There's nothing wrong with my current one, i bought it off a friend for a tenner about 25 years ago, its very light though, so its great for the gentle feel and touch type shots, but a weightier cue might add a new element to my game, giving me more power to smash open the pack and doing whizzy screw backs and other stuffs with the white ball, i dunno, my progress at playing pool has stalled, and i think its the power shots that is the main element thats missing from my game. Cannot smash open the pack during a break for the life of me, that maybe because many pool halls use a white ball that is lighter than the other balls, that has its advantages and disadvantages. Bah i know no one is interested in my pool playing. I'll probably have to go back to my snooker forums for some replies.

When i accumulate a bit more money i have a list of other things i want, some would be really sensible good investments like a new energy efficient bolier and getting double glazing in my living room. Third on the list is a new top of the range 42 inch TV. Im probably gonna need to hold down a job for atleast a year to be able to afford all of these things.

The good news is that the government seem to have introduced a new incentive to encourage people to stick at their jobs when they return after a period of unemployment; im not having to pay any tax atall, and probably wont have to until i start to approach £10,000 or w/e the personal allowance is now. You used to have to pay tax right away, and then claim it back the following april at the end of the tax year, if you returned to work partway through a tax year...Must say this new approach really is very encouraging.

Last edited:
There's so much potential for childish innuendo in that first paragraph alone that it'd be way too vulgar for anybody to exploit it, even taking into account my low, low standards.

haha, feel free on the vulgar innuendo front. You might have some new and original ones. A good stiff rod is allways a nice thing to have in ones armoury:D

I think I've covered every angle on the knob gag front, so to speak.

To keep on topic, I've bought nothing other than books, drugs and food for the past few weeks. Despite the urge to buy clothes I'll regret buying, or something equally ridiculous. Some of the drugs have been a bit fancier than normal, I guess.

Yeah my bank balance is being slow to build up, stocking up on benzos and buying fancy drugs isnt helping. Not gonna be buying any new clothes for a while, i bought a ton of new shirts and tops and stuff very shortly before i left my last job, i think it was an etiz spending spree as id never spent that much on clothes all at once before, and they've just been hanging in the cupboard as good as new for months.

Where did you get your record player CH? What turntable did you get, is it any good, and did you go the 'seperates' route, buying an amp and speakers? Just interested because a record player is somewhere on my list too.

The good news is that the government seem to have introduced a new incentive to encourage people to stick at their jobs when they return after a period of unemployment; im not having to pay any tax atall, and probably wont have to until i start to approach £10,000 or w/e the personal allowance is now. You used to have to pay tax right away, and then claim it back the following april at the end of the tax year, if you returned to work partway through a tax year...Must say this new approach really is very encouraging.

All that has happened is that your new employer has correctly filled in the paperwork that most employers either don't bother with or fuck up. The government haven't changed anything, that's what was always supposed to happen. It's just that it usually doesn't.

Where did you get your record player CH? What turntable did you get, is it any good, and did you go the 'seperates' route, buying an amp and speakers? Just interested because a record player is somewhere on my list too.

I bought it off some guy. It's a Technics 1210 mk2 turntable, it's good. I already had powered speakers n shit so I just bought a wee pre-amp box to boost the phono signal.

All that has happened is that your new employer has correctly filled in the paperwork that most employers either don't bother with or fuck up. The government haven't changed anything, that's what was always supposed to happen. It's just that it usually doesn't.

I bought it off some guy. It's a Technics 1210 mk2 turntable, it's good. I already had powered speakers n shit so I just bought a wee pre-amp box to boost the phono signal.

Yea it's true. After my first job I was given back £1000 n after
My second I was given £250 off the tax people so not bad l but yea there's always a period where you don't pay tax when starting a new job after a period of absence from employment. .

Evey

Nice. I've been tempted on getting some turntables, would love to learn how to scratch

I haven't bought anything recently... other than drugs & TV Series. I bought these Cole & Mason salt/pepper mills a while back though:

43770_soola-voi-pipraveski-beech-precision-20cm-cole-mason.jpg

Might be time to think of some new material thing to purchase.

I bought myself a lovely pink pendent with sterling sliver around it. Thing is the man never gave me a bloody chain. Thinking of getting one of those black lace things instead. Does anyone know what I can buy them from? I've never actually seen them without a pendent on them. Does anyone know where I could purchase them from please?

Evey

I bought myself a lovely pink pendent with sterling sliver around it. Thing is the man never gave me a bloody chain. Thinking of getting one of those black lace things instead. Does anyone know what I can buy them from? I've never actually seen them without a pendent on them. Does anyone know where I could purchase them from please?

Evey

What you need is a leather thong (Ooer missus 8o) - no, not that sort of thong.... You can get them from just about any biker/hippy/goth shop.