• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

6-APB (?) vs 6-APDB (?) reagent tests

Torresmo

Bluelighter
Don't know if I can post this here on MED, so please feel free to move if inappropriate...

I bought 6-APB and 6-APDB from the .com store of an originally UK vendor. First deal with this site, so I didn't trust him very much from the beginning.

For my deception, I received two baggies, both labeled as 6-APB! Both were tan, however one had a slightly darker tan colour, so clearly the vendor fucked up.
From the descriptions in BL, I assumed the darker one would most probably be 6-APB. Both pics are the same, but I enhanced contrast, definition and colours on the second one so to better see the difference.
baggies_6_apb_apdb.jpg

6_apb_apdb.jpg

I know, however, that the colour of the powder doesn't mean anything, so I bought a test kit and proceeded to testing. These are the results I've got after ~5min:

6_APB_APDB.jpg

Reactions:
1 - Supposed 6-APB: The powder floated and was difficult to dissolve on all reagents, except for robatest. Reactions were quite similar to MDA in my test kit`s chart.
2 - Supposed 6-APDB: The powder dissolves easily. It fizzed instantly on marquis, mecke and mandelin. After ~15min, mandelin turned solid dark blue. Powder floated on simon`s.

So, can anyone comment on these results? I found it very strange that the results were so different for both substances.
BTW, the seller will send me another baggie of 6-APDB since it was his mistake. Ill post the results as soon as I have it.

If the seller sends you another baggie of 6-apdb, you should be able to confirm visually and with testing which of the two you currently have is 6-apdb. Assuming that one of them is I fact 6-apdb, though I would guess that one is

If the seller sends you another baggie of 6-apdb, you should be able to confirm visually and with testing which of the two you currently have is 6-apdb. Assuming that one of them is I fact 6-apdb, though I would guess that one is

Thank you! Problem is I haven't found any reagent tests for 6-APDB, so I can't compare
Also, do you think the results for substance #1 is consistent with 6-APB? I had inconclusive results comparing with other tests posted here on BL.

Hey, just curious as to wether you have experimented with the 6-apb? What results did you yield? Any information would be highly regarded

I've done reagent tests on some 6-APDB, hadn't seen any on here. I'll put them up asap, need to find out how to remove the date and location stamp that I apparently have on my mobile.
The marquis went red and ended up purple(not MDMA purple lighter), mecke instantly went real dark, I'm gonna do it again in natural light, it was hard to tell if it was black or brown, the edge of the puddle was yellow. Mandelin fizzled like crazy and ended up brown. Simmons was weird it ended up dark brown.
The difference between the reagent at ~30secs and +4 minutes was extreme, so I'll do it again tomorrow with photos of the two different times.
Don't know if this info will help anyone but at least it's out there.
I consider my vendor very highly, tested MDPV, Methylone, 2CE all from them and they tested the way they should.

P.L.U.R.

Found this one the european 6-apdb forum, the guy never posted the pictures though. You could try posting there or PMing him. Judging from his descriptions and your test results it looks like your "6-apb" is in fact the 6-apdb!

Link to original thread, it's the first post on that page: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...read-v-1-So-what-the-fuck-is-this-then/page23

The vendor sent another package, and I have already tested it. However, the results puzzled me even more: it is a third substance... Now I dont know what is what!
The tests with this third substance gave results very similar to the supposed 6-apb above. The differences were mainly that, while the first one dissolved slowly, the last one dissolved very quickly. But the colours were very very similar, aside from robadope, which was slightly different.
I had concluded that the supposed 6-apdb above should be another unknown substance.
And now, you confused me even more ahah!

Hey, just curious as to wether you have experimented with the 6-apb? What results did you yield? Any information would be highly regarded

I have not experimented with it yet. I am trying to know what I have first. The only thing I did was a reagent test and an "allergy test". I dipped my wet finger on the wall of the bag and licked. It tasted salty.
Why do you ask? Have you got a similar product?

Could one be 5-AP(D)B? perhaps? I will marquis some 6-APDB which I believe to be genuine later. (Please remind me if I don't!)

Yes, please! Thank you!
Indeed it crossed my mind it could be 5-apbdcefg...

I have the exact same powder. I know which vendor you bought it off.. Mine tested purple on marquis test also.
Other results would indicate it's not 6apb.. Real 6apb is impossible to find after the European ban

What do you mean by other results? Do you have access to a lab you could send a sample to test what you have?

Ps: i tried to accept your request, but i cant, dont know why...

Which ban?
I just know that UK banned it.
However, there really seems to be a shortage of 6-APB in the market. And the few who claim to have it are not so trustful, IMO.
One very trustful vendor in holland doesn't have it and says he will not sell it anymore. I wonder why, since its not scheduled there...
I just think its strange that this substance is so scarce while being so popular... Maybe synth issues, IDK....

Other tests meaning consumption. It doesn't have the effect that 6-apb should. Don't trust the vendor you got it off

I just tested mine, the identity of which has been verified by NMR. (6-APDB.HCl)

There was a barely perceptible colour change and a lot of fizzing. The colour change was just a slight darkening. The photo exaggerates the difference between the test drop (left) and the control drop (right).

OEt634X.jpg

yay! thank you!
It indeed looks like substance 2 (supposedly 6_APDB), but it is definitely NOT the same... :!
It looks like the compound I have may contain 6-APDB, but it must have something else mixed in because it changed to a very intense red-brown.