• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Some men wear suits. .. real men wear a hardhat and boots

really men?

alasdair

Im on my phone so it must have automatically did it or my finger must hit the wrong word? It was Posta say real. I didn't realize it till after I posted it an I don't know how to change it ?!

Sorry bout that

i work at a bank in a city full of banks. i wear what all the other bankers wear.

Business casual is the fanciest usually--so slacks, collared shirt and slip-ons with no socks. Nobody actually wears suits in SoCal unless it's to a job interview or your job sucks.

Jeans, tank top, and steel toes, although we're allowed to wear whatever we want. Gotta have steel toes, though.

i normally wear cargo shorts and a t-shirt because it's summer and it's hot. sometimes a suit and tie is necessary, and i like the interesting combos that can be made with different shirts and ties. business casual is completely unacceptable to me, as i find a dress shirt looks ridiculous without a tie to complete it. that's like serving a salmon dinner with no garnish. i also like to work on my car where only oily jeans and a wifebeater will suffice, so for me it's less "the clothes make the man" and more like the wardrobe is just another toolbox and i wear what feels most appropriate.

I find the people that wear business casual with no socks grotty as all fuck. I mean jesus, I can smell the slipper sweat on a summer day from a good metre away. People in business should not let their feet be smelling like a gym locker.

I find the people that wear business casual with no socks grotty as all fuck. I mean jesus, I can smell the slipper sweat on a summer day from a good metre away. People in business should not let their feet be smelling like a gym locker.

So what kind of man r u?

So what kind of man r u?

I still haven't taken that facebook quiz yet.....

For my current job, it's usually blue jeans with a company shirt. I'm not so sure it says anything about my personality, but it's the dress code.

business casual is completely unacceptable to me, as i find a dress shirt looks ridiculous without a tie to complete it. that's like serving a salmon dinner with no garnish. i also like to work on my car where only oily jeans and a wifebeater will suffice, so for me it's less "the clothes make the man" and more like the wardrobe is just another toolbox and i wear what feels most appropriate.

That's pretty much how I think of clothes, but I think of business casual a little differently, I guess more emphasis on the casual (a tie would be really out of place in my industry). I just need to look presentable at work. I see y'alls point about shoes with no socks though, but california...