MAPS Planning a new petition, can MAPS help in any way?

Si Dread

Bluelighter
Last year, to coincide with the British banning of the NBOMe compounds, I set up a petition to have the laws against Psilocybin mushrooms reconsidered on the grounds that psilocybin has a long history of use, is relatively harnless & that persons seeking the effects of psychedelics now have access to much more dangerous RC's. I had plans to update the petition to include a link to psilocybin use in end-of-life therapy.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/51485

This year the British government has been advised by the ACMD to consider ammending the law against LSD & it's analogues updated to include the remarkable new psychedelics Al-Lad & LSZ.

15.2 For the lysergamide - related materials, there is a need to control:

i. replacement of the methyl group at the 6 - position by other groups (ethyl, propyl, allyl)

ii. substitution at the 1- position indole nitrogen by acetyl

iii. substitution at the indole nitrogen by other than N-alkyl

Given the relatively small number of materials involved Al-LAD, Eth-LAD, Pro-LAD, ALD-52 & LSZ this is most simply achieved by adding them to the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 by name.

15.3 The ACMD is not aware of legitimate uses for the materials covered by paragraphs 15.1 and 15.2 and therefore recommends that they be scheduled under Schedule 1 of the Misuse of Drugs Regulations 2001 (as amended).

from - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...318693/UpdateGenericDefinitionTryptamines.pdf

So instead of updating the psilocybin petition, I would like to set up a new petition, expressing our distress that perfectly safe, efficable psychedelic drugs are being banned with no evidence to support the suggestion that they might be a danger to the public. Can MAPS offer any support, or any evidence for the use of LSD & other psychedelics in medicine that I might be able to cite as proof that the banning of these drugs is premature or that they are as likely to be useful as LSD & Psilocybin in end-of-life therapy or may have other uses in medicine?

Can MAPS offer me any advice that might help my petition get noticed. Can MAPS support the petitiion in any official way?

Anyone else got any ideas that might make the folks in power sit up & listen for a change, please pipe up!

I would sign, however as a US citizen I doubt my opinion holds much weight. But banning LSZ and AL-LAD is foolish considering the lack of empirical evidence that they're doing anyone any significant harm. I'll be very upset if they're banned.

I would sign, however as a US citizen I doubt my opinion holds much weight. But banning LSZ and AL-LAD is foolish considering the lack of empirical evidence that they're doing anyone any significant harm. I'll be very upset if they're banned.

me too mate, me too.

Occassionally the British governments ignore the advice of the ACMD, but they usually only ignore advice that recomends lightening to sanctions against a drugs, not the other way round. So, if the ACMD advises the government to legalise weed (for instance), the government will ignore that advice. If the advised that cannabis should be more stringently controlled, they go for it.

Double standards, duplicity, deceit & denial. That's how drugs laws are made.

How well did you fare with your petition on magic mushrooms because honestly, I think you would be better off just sticking with an updated version of that same petition. The fact of the matter, you are going to have an extremely uphill battle trying to change minds on any psychedelic chemicals in the status quo. This is largely because of the proliferation of research chemicals and how easy they are to obtain. Since this is the case, I do not see the government budging on anything related to research chemicals.

However, the story is a little bit different when it comes to magic mushrooms. In the near future when marijuana finally becomes legalized, I honestly foresee an upcoming battle to legalize natural hallucinogens (and eventually substances like LSD and Ecstasy as well). If what I think holds true, it gives you the potential to be at the forefront at the next major shift in drug policy. Even if you run the same petition 100 times and nothing ever changes with the government and their laws during that time, eventually the idea that you have been trying to push will reach a tipping point. Once this tipping point is achieved, it will make success much easier.

Also, I recommend taking advantage of social media to make your petition reach as many people as possible. If you need any ideas on how to do this, feel free to ask and I will point you in the right direction. Other than that, good luck ^.^

i'd sign it. But the best way to make a legal difference would be to prove that many of your past government officials injested the mushrooms. And that many of your currrent government officials injested them . And that its racist to outlaw mushrooms due to the spiritual (religious) use of mushrooms by a native culture.

Bill Clinton may not have inhaled, but the govt. officials that passed marijuana legalization in the state of colorado sure as heck did. And they wouldnt have done so if it werent for Billy Willy.