• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Hey, is it okay to take ashwagandha at the same time as dexedrine?

CSM25

Bluelighter
Hey everyone.

I have major anxiety at times.

I have started taking ashwagandha. It seems to help. But I took it everyday for two weeks, and was super irritated when I stopped at times.

I quit drinking for the most part, and don't really take too much of anything (just vitamins).

I am wondering, as an ADHD person, can I take asha and dex?
Does it negate some dex effects? It is supposedly affecting gaba... so I don't want to take it everyday, nor do I want to take dex everyday.

I am using dex maybe only for the time being, perhaps. I am not sure.

Dex is less bad for me than Adderall XR, though less motivating. Asha seems good, but really I don't want to screw with any of my neurotransmitters
long term.

Could I take asha in the morning and then some dex, like 10mg an hour or so later?

To me they seem like a very save combo. If problem's would arise it would be from the amphetamin alone, except in the rare case of an Ashwhaganda allergy. The Ash would be protective against some toxicity caused by the amps and probably have an positive effect on the side effects of stimulants.

I was on dexedrine and taking Ashwhaganda for a long time without any problems. Ashwhaganda btw is the only supplement I consider usefull 100% absolutely sure. Give it a go! Hope the effects on your anxiety will be good CSM25

I'd take care not to become too dependent on ashwagandha; it's not that addictive, but anything that makes you feel better in life can create a hard-to-break dependence. Good job on quitting drinking.

They shouldn't conflict too much. It will probably mitigate some of the irritability/possible hyper-stimulation that amphetamine can cause.

At roughly equivalent doses, the various amphetamine preparations are about as bad for you (not including methamphetamine).

Shouldn't be much of a problem.

Okay thanks emkee_reinvented and Ho-Chi-Minh.

I couldn't really find anything online of people who take BOTH asha and dex, and I am glad that I found someone. Also, I will keep that in mind.
For sure... just like any drug, if it makes you feel "that much better", it will create some effects upon quitting.

I was also taking it maybe to help my adrenals and thyroid a litte. I am not sure if I have any thyroid problem but am awaiting the results of some tests. Should be fine
but for sure there was some issue when I was on/quitting effexor 5-6 years ago.

I will try and take dex only for finding a job and acing some tests... and then breaks several times a week, most the time. And asha maybe only when it gets too stressful.

Thanks again.

What about making dex more stimulating, or more motivational. As in I take it and it makes me focus better sure, but sometimes way too much on the small details.

Like up until most of university, I did essays in one-two nights, usually late... but though it was quite stressing, I did well.

Nowadays, I take three weeks to write a term paper, and I go into insane detail, reading 40 studies... handing in 3 weeks late, even though I start after it is due (FML).

Adderall XR, I only took one week, but I wrote a paper in 2 hours, 2200 words. I always wrote way more than necessary (before my recent usage of meds).

Perhaps, I hate university and my program, and other things so much that I do not focus on it... and rather other things.

I for sure can focus much better on say making money, than my coursework in my major... but I digress.

Does Vicks in the US still contain l-methamp? Can I use a tiny bit of that? Adderall XR made me shed hair like crazy...

Next time just edit your post instead of double posting. Not a big deal, though.

That probably means it's not therapeutic for you, or that it's not helping you.

I wouldn't recommend using stims. They don't help unless you have ADHD.

Yeah I meant to edit... but I thought they were different enough.

I do have ADHD... nothing is a magic bullet for me it seems. Like a combo of dex and ritalin was okay perhaps for a few days, but made into
jaw clenching, super awkward (I'm already fairly aloof and awkward... so), emotionless being.

Maybe I just need to use task management stuff... like special notebooks (The Inspiration Pad) or programs and discipline myself some more. Then dex would work better.

Thanks.

I was recommended Effexor when I first met my psych doc... I declined. I took that years ago... messed my life up major while on it.
It seems that with the exception of Adderall XR, dex works the best for me. Besides one should appreciate the focus and not chase "motivation" anyways.

Maybe things will be different upon graduation and earning a decent income.

Last edited: