• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Simple acetone wash for (meth)amphetamines and cocaine. <pics inside>

Im confused on how to use the q-tip as a filter.

The same way people are using Q-tips as a filter to draw up their shot. Only for this you'd use a larger needle, and a larger syringe (10ml syringe or so).

I have what the bottle says to be 100% acetone, I should be able to use this to wash homemade methcathinone right?
I've read other ppl saying that acetone is bound to contain some water no mater how pure it's says it is and Epsom salt is necessary....any thruth to this at all??? The stuff I have is like beauty parlour grade unscented 100% pure acetone according to the label.

I'm betting that the acetone you have will be fine to work with. If it says 100% pure, then you can assume that it's anhydrous and does not require the epsom salts procedure. Maybe try it with a small amount at first, but I'm pretty sure it'll work as it should. Be sure not to leave the bottle open while working with it though, as it will absorb H2O from the air into the acetone, making it so that it contains just a wee bit of water. It won't be a big amount of water that gets absorbed just from leaving a bottle of acetone open for a while, but I'm just adding the info anyway. Because if you use this same bottle of acetone many times and leave it open every time you use it, it might eventually end up absorbing an amount of water that is actually significant enough to actually become a 'problem' for future acetone washes, H2O-wise.

In all spirits of reducing harmful chemicals in my body, can someone please answer this for me? In the shake and bake method, the end result is a white, powdered, form of meth. Is this wash worth doing for that, or is it already as pure as it'll get? Once dried, it rocks up hard, and it's usually really white, so I'm wondering if it's worth the time before I attempt it. Thanks!

the way to get the epsom salts completely dry is, you crush it up finely and then place it flat on a plate or something like that and bake it at low heat in the oven til it's nice and good... not surre for how long or what temp google is your friend. but yea thats the way to get it dry so it absorbs the water from the acetone

bake it at around 400 - 450 F for about 2 hours

can this be done several times? I got some speed that gave me kinda nasty high, the speed high it self was very strong but had some really bad side effects, like nasty comedown and just in general whole feeling of euphoria was shit but it kept me awake for ages. I suspect its due to crap it was cut with, i was hoping i can wash that shit off with this method

I know this is an old thread, but people will find this thread useful in the time to come.
The problem here is you really need anhydrous 100% pure acetone. if even 1 drop of water is in your acetone your using this let's say on chilie, that one drop can carry up to 1/4 gram of your dinner away with it. Imagine what a few drops could do?
It's easy to get 100% acetone, most any 5 dollar nail polish removers will say right on the label, 100% pure acetone, but in chemistry one should never believe the label, especially on a 5 dollar product, stuff happens, so prove its pure and keep it pure by getting some 98cent epsom salt, the only thing here is it has to NOT be iodized. Try kosher salt or canning salt maybe, read the label.

Bake epsom salts, slowly increasing the temperature and stirring to prevent clumping, to just over 200? C (right about 400? F); I would leave it there for 45 minutes or so. Do not add the hot result to the acetone yet. personally I baked it on foil, allowing me to fold it in the foil, let it cool for a minute or two, and then immediately put it in a ziploc bag (which I put in another and then another) to prevent it pulling moisture from the air and rehydrating.

Once it?s around room temperature, 1/4 way fill a mason/canning jar (with a metal lid! acetone eats plastic and rubber) with your anhydrous magnesium sulfate (dehydrated epsom salts). Add acetone to fill the rest of the way. Put the lid on tightly, and put it all in the freezer ? you won?t freeze the acetone, don?t worry.

This is to a) keep your acetone from trying to evaporate and pressurizing your jar, but much more importantly b) to keep the solubility of the salts in your acetone as low as possible. Do you want salt in your dope? No, right? Keep it cold.

When the time comes, put your dope on a plate or a coffee filter (I use a plate) and use an eye dropper or pipette or syringe to draw acetone from the TOP of your jar and dribble it on your dope. Your dope won't dissolve and will stay in the coffee filter/plate; gak that is soluble in acetone, which quite a bit of it is, will dissolve and go through the filter or it'll go into the air with the acetone as it evaporates.

If your like me, leave the acetone in the freezer and top off as needed, you'll be using the anhydrous acetone often.
If you make your own chile and something goes afoul and the end product has an off taste, this may fix that too.

Last edited:
Thank you a lot I was literally and ironically just about to Buy some Acetone and attempt my first wash and was gonna search for a tutorial on how to do it when I went to check out the "Things of importance in O.D." at the top of the bluelight page. Now I have A great and easy to understand tutorial for this specific task I will need to accomplish for my first time and I Read that the more Cocaine you filter at once the less you lose in the "filtration" of the cut that is in your blow.

Does anybody know the amount of Cocaine optimal for making this "filtration" process how much is the ideal amount would it be 4 Grams/7 Gs maybe 14 Or 28 Grams? How much product does everyone here normally use for the Acetone Wash when they do it for when they indulge with the Cocaine all of your input and answers to how much you use for your Acetone Wash would be helpful as I would like to know how much it varies from the amounts that everyone is using it for in this thread?

Why does everyone keep saying this is easy?

Acquiring all of these materials, taking the time to do all of this correctly without fucking your dope up, and (in my case) having to keep it hidden from others around me is almost impossible. Not to mention if you have a homemade batch that's so dirty for unknown reasons that it has to be washed before it can be used, there's no way you would have the patience or cognitive ability to do all this shit. Isn't there a way to do an extremely quick wash with isopropyl alcohol? I don't:? care if lose some of the drug, because I can always get more later, but in the moment when you're wanting a shot, then God damn it you want a shot, ya know?

Replying to an old thread as this thread has all the basics...
Just that it does not cover my needs:

How can I wash dextrose out of amphetamine?
After some googling, I found out that dextrose, a very common cutting agent around here, is not soluble to acetone. Is there any simple solving agent that leaves amphetamine dissolved while solving the dextrose?

Oldie but goodie would this work with say 50 adderall 20 mg ir tablets or would you lose a base polymer? I know D amphetamine is soluble in water and L amp isn't nearly soluble, not sure about acetone?

I have a question and it's probably going 2 b the dumbest question n e of u have ever been asked but here it goes n e way lol. Can nail polish remover with acetone in it be used instead of pure acetone or acetone anhydrous? Yes I'm a blonde lol.

personnaly i would rather use distillation rather than a simple acetone wash, it's no more complicated and the product will be probably more than 90+% pure
Cud u explain distillation process please?

Can methamphetamine be cut with heroin? This may be another really dumb question but one of my friends swears that sum obtained recently had heroine in it bcuz it was a solid piece but it was very dark brown. It made them sleepy and nauseated. I've never seen or done heroin, so i have no idea but is meth being cut with heroin even possible and if so have n e of y'all ever heard of it or tried it? Just so y'all know my husband always handled this side of everything but unfortunately after 11 years of marriage he cudnt be faithful and i was starting 2 worry about catching sum thing from him, so now I'm on my own tryin 2 figure all this out, so bare with me plz. Thanks in advance 4 n e help.

Last edited:
this is a good method because it doesn't require filtration. i don't recommend percolating washes because there is a tendency to acquire fibers from the filter you are using that get into the product you want clean.

hardware store acetone is not going to be anhydrous and probably nowhere near dry enough to do this without wasting some product. you can dry your acetone with stuff like anhydrous epsom salt and other dessicates, although they might deposit in the material you are trying to purify. if your amphetamine still looks or feels wet when there is no more acetone smell, or if you see liquid left in your glass jar where you dumped the acetone but there's no smell coming off it then your acetone has water in it. save that jar for when you run out of speed and don't mind smoking your acetone wash for whatever the water took out of your stash during rinsing.

i wouldn't worry about fire during any of this unless you can't go five minutes without lighting up a cigarette. i've done this like fifty times in spaces lacking even an open window and i never had anything to worry about. it's no more dangerous than building a model airplane.
I just glanced over this and will check it out in detail later, but PLEASE put it in large red bold letters about the safety measures and precautionary protective gear that one must use and be aware of when handling, transporting, using, storing, opening, etc, such a volatile Ketone.

I only mess with anhydrous acetone and seriously, people cannot disregard how explosive and volatile it is.

I would add links to the MSDS of every chemical that in and of itself is an HR risk if not properly respected and researched prior to going out and buying and using relevant compounds. I'd do it myself but I gotta run right now, but otherwise looks good, good job P2C :)

Lots of chemicals say that they are flammable or to not use around open flame etc, but a lot of the time it's written for legal liability issues for the MFC, and I assure anyone reading this, that you need to be SERIOUSLY thinking about static discharge, pilot lights, ANYTHING that could cause the more-than-5-times-as-explosive-as-gasoline compound that is Acetone. Respect the solvent and you should be okay, but of all the things to be safer vs sorry, this is not one of the one's anyone should think "meh, it'll be fine, it's not stuffy in here so I don't need to worry about the ventillation of this enclosed area." Disregarding the safety precautions associated with anhydrous compounds like acetone is SUICIDAL and like I said, just to be safe, treating it like it's Plutonium is a good idea even though it's an exaggeration, I'm factoring in here that both methamphetamine and cocaine tend to make people delusional in a minor to severe way that even minor feelings of "yeah thats not gunna happen to me, I'll just be careful, but wear a respirator? I don't have asthma it'll be fine." etc.

Stimulants make you feel more invincible than you are, and since it's stimulant users who will be using this, it's important to me to be so explicitly clear that under the influence, you are not a good judge of your own character, so you may unknowingly decide not to do something meant to reduce the risk of making lethal mistakes that a sober and sane person wouldn't make.
I am not in any way trying to say acetone doesn't post any risks, but you all make it sound like you need to walk tip toe around it. Is it flammable, yes. It is volatile, yes. It is not nitro glycerin though. As long as you pay attention around and aren't working over a bunsen burner with it, you will be fine. I quit smoking 12 or so years ago and prior to that my job requirement called for this use of to clean the oil residue from diffusion pumps and we would have open gallons out while smoking. We used it around 480 volts panels and high voltage items on and around the chamber and I have yet to see acetone catch fire or explode. I'm not trying to downplay the importance of a safe work ethic, but we aren't dealing with nuke waste. I am also not saying that smoking some out was smart not do I condone it. We were in our mid 20's, .lm 48 now and have a biotech degree with a heavy focus in organic chemistry and a cs degree as well..it pays better lol. To make anhydrous acetone you need to bake epsom salt I'm the one on I believe 400 for a couple hours at least. Put foil on a fan then add the salt. You'll know it's done when it is gray and ashen.looking. it will stick to the foil as the it releases its moisture and then become powdery sort of. You add it to your acetone and agitate or shake container and then let it sit n settle. Once it has settled and the acetone is clear, transfer it to separate container.

Last edited:
Neat - has any one dared to freebase & smoke (the liquid) I think dissolving freebase if caffeine or such might be the stuff called 'base'.
Nope.the chance of u coming across the oil is next to zero.it burns the throat badly is harsh and painful to smoke. It also goes bad eventually unlike the salt so there's another reason it doesn't happen. And the only way to carry it without losing any is in a glass jar.

I assume when you say "pure"acetone that means not from the hardware store, how can you tell the difference?
Hardware store stuff is fine.by pure it means it says 99.9% acetone on the label. If it says contains acetone without specifying it's 99.9% acetone then it's probably a mix of shit

What does anhydrous mean? Do u have to do that to the acetone yourself? If so, how? (If I can ask that question)
Anhydrous means water free or no water.adding anhydrous magnesium sulfate will remove any water in it making it anhydrous