Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☠ WARNING ☠ [Important NBOMe warning] Taking unknown blotters sold as LSD

Solipsis

Bluelight Crew
Hello!

Please read this warning about blotters if you ever take any that you can be any less than 100% sure of, and admit it... how often can you be sure.

Despite the title of the thread, basically these warnings apply to all use of compounds of this type.

25X-NBOMe, 25X-NBOH SAFETY MESSAGE

poison.jpg

This is a newly discovered group of chemicals, with little history of human use.
It has already become clear that these substances carry substantial risks that must be highlighted.

Some facts you should know about The 25X - NBOMe series:

25x NBOMe chemicals have killed at "normal" recreational doses.
  • We don't know how it kills.
  • People have died from doses that are smaller than ones they have taken in the past. (For the time being we have to consider this seriously, even though variance in absorption and other factors may have played a role in this apparent incongruence.)
  • We do not yet know the reasons for this unpredictabiliy.
Doses can lead to psychotic episodes and ER visits
  • If you or people around you must take these drugs, avoid combinations and advise others to avoid it as well.
  • If someone appears to be overdosing, it is important to get medical attention quickly to minimize chance of death or injury.
These chemicals are sometimes mislabeled and sold as LSD or "acid"
  • If in doubt about your drugs, learn how to test them using testing kits/reagents. Don't have blind faith in the reputation of your source. Apart from dishonesty, even sources can get duped.
  • A good rule of thumb is "if it's bitter it's a spitter". Other than *marked* bitter taste, local numbness in the mouth is also a characteristic of NBOMe-type drugs.
  • If you take blotters sold as LSD, swallowing them may render NBOMe type compounds inactive while swallowing LSD will work just as well! This has actually - even in this thread - shown to probably not be true. Best we can tell oral dosing may produce unreliable results rather than no results at all! So please be careful making yourself comfortable with a false sense of security. Take other precautions to prevent overdosing!
What can you do to field test for LSD / NBOMe's?
  • Using UV light makes LSD fluoresce and light up brightly, whereas most other compounds that fit on blotter like NBOMe's do not.
Is there an antidote for NBOMe overdoses?
  • Tolazoline might be an option, tentatively. Apparently it has been used succesfully to combat some of potentially lethal or damaging effects. However don't go administering this without professional supervision! Instead, mentioning it to medical personel might save time / lives / health.
    Other than that using serotonergic antagonists that act on 5-HT2A may be used to counteract induced psychotic behavior or other associated adverse effects. Similar warnings apply: be careful and leave it to people who know what they are doing, or you may make matters worse.

And finally information for people pushing the dosage with NBOMe's:

NSFW:
The NBOMe series is known to be more dangerous than other psychedelic drug families. High doses can easily result in severe reactions such as seizures and HPPD. It is possible to get away with high doses because the mental component of the trip is mild so it may not feel as intense as other psychedelics even though there are powerful visuals. In order to try and overcome this some users take several doses to get a more intense/spiritual experience. While this does work for some, for others this is where the serious side-effects emerge.

As a result of this it is recommended that if you are seeking an intense experience, something more than eye candy, you select a different psychedelic with a higher natural intensity and better safety record such as 2C-E or LSD.

It is strongly advised that users do not take more than 1.5 doses of this drug, with one dose generally agreed to be 0.9 mg (900 ug).

Insufflating doses further increases the risk.

Last edited:
Very good and informative post. :)

BUT-

I was wondering; how certain are we that this series of drugs are not orally active?

IIRC some people tested it and found that to be true although I have recently heard about reports contesting that.

Still, if you happen to get an NBOMe compound accidentally I think based on what we think we know oral ingestion may very well decrease the chances of dangerous incidents, if not abolishing psychoactivity completely.
There is both the first-pass metabolism and enzymes that are thought to cleave the N-substitution by some.
And secondly it would seriously extend the path for the drug to reach the brain compared to parenteral ROAs, the benzyl substition should increase lipophilicity (which is also what is considered to be a possible reason for complications with proper initial absorption) so it can get 'stuck' to fatty tissues along the way...
And issues of acute tolerance effects that is a possible candidate for unpredictability, so just like redoses may prove relatively ineffective, slow permeation into the brain can result in lessened effect and hopefully side-effect.

Unfortunately that is a lot of unproven theory to go on, but it's best we've got. (Or should I speak for myself)

Last edited:
Very certain at normal doses. There are no reports of active swallowed doses and many reports of inactive oral trials.

We are still not really certain about what happens at very high doses but willing testers are not easy to find!

although I am still experimenting with low doses of these drugs I agree that there is a huge problem with them and I think that this statement should be removed from the warning as it is not a good plan - oral activity or gut absorption has not been disproven:

if you take blotters sold as LSD, swallowing them may render NBOMe type compounds inactive while swallowing LSD will work just as well!

I don't think that it makes them inactive. some may have seemed inactive due to uneven doping of the blotter paper, and others due to tolerance.

Although it is less than entirely proven or disproven, in what scenario could that info / statement be dangerous or anti-HR? I can't think of one. Maybe if someone were to buy blotters assuming they are LSD and swallowing a very large amount of blotters trusting on that statement to be true?

It sucks that people who are okay with taking NBOMe's won't just verify it for us. It would help to have a couple people test swallowing them.

There was someone doing an oral dosing experiment last year I think, but he didn't get very far before giving up. I could try swallowing a 1mg dose of 25I if you think that would provide useful information, but I'm not really interested in titrating to establish an active oral dose, I think that would take a long while.

In the NSFW section it refers to "x.xmg (x.xxx ug)"... we probably want to determine that value.

I don't wanna impose on people wasting their stash, although I encourage support of our HR efforts... anyway up to a few mg like the stronger doses we see people taking of say 25I seems reasonable, I agree establishing an oral dose is unnecessary and especially wasteful (unless it happens to be that low), but a lot of people don't seem to find a few mg of 25I a problematic dose to take so I think that is what we'd want to know about.
Obviously there are also doses that are just plain foolish to take, then again if it happens to amount to a "ten-strip" that turns out to be 25I of 1 mg per hit rather than LSD, we are looking at 10 mg.

Yes, I think it would be useful to know that a swallowed dose of powder is inactive; get the nail in the coffin.

Although it is less than entirely proven or disproven, in what scenario could that info / statement be dangerous or anti-HR? I can't think of one. Maybe if someone were to buy blotters assuming they are LSD and swallowing a very large amount of blotters trusting on that statement to be true?

It sucks that people who are okay with taking NBOMe's won't just verify it for us. It would help to have a couple people test swallowing them.

OK, I am due for a test tonight so I will swallow not chew and report

dropped 300mics 25-c-nboh @ 5:30pm with a drink of gingerale
quite spaced out with some visuals by 6:00pm, not particularly slower than just chewing and sucking on the blotter.
I only miss the numbing of my tongue (really)
otherwise I would not dare to swallow a whole one or several
the idea that it is not orally (gut) active is a fallacy.

please remove the hope that you can swallow the blotters and wait to see if you have acid. NBOH or nbome will get you just as stoned if you swallow it as if you gum it, or chew it. or try not to swallow saliva (another myth)

Thanks, that could have saved a lot of people some hassle, but better late than never, I am glad you helped the community doing this.

I found the thread I was thinking of: NBOMe oral activity experiment.

I took 600ug of 25I about 1:30 ago, liquid dose added to some Gatorade. Holy moly was it bitter, but the taste went away pretty quickly. Nothing happened for the first hour (other than having to go poo), so then I started eating a roast-beef sandwich, and within 10 minutes I started to feel some stimulation and body tingles. I'm at a definite +2 now, and getting some mild visuals, so it's surely not placebo.

I'm pleasantly surprised, but also a little dismayed that a belief like "NBOMes are orally inactive" can persist for so long without anybody verifying it (myself included).

My thing is I like to chew the drugs and swallow, and I chew fast so I always knew that the oral route was active, and I am accustomed to myths propagating, like the torch lighter for salvia smoking: as if you had to hit a vaporization temp - jeeze louieeze - vaping salvinorin will vape your throat and lungs too. people are generally gullible and don't think things through.

people are generally gullible and don't think things through.

Yeah, no kidding. I'd been meaning for a long time to try out an oral dose just to see what would happen, but I kept putting it off because I knew sublingual worked for me and so many other posters here said it wasn't active orally. Learned my lesson today :p Not that it would've mattered much if I'd discovered this before, I've learned from arguing with people on the nbome threads that myths are very hard to dispel.

my most honest assessment is that the swallowed dose felt 2/3 as effective, because of mostly slower rapidity of onset - and I totally missed my mouth being numbed - probably due to the absorption following a longer trip through the gut versus the more rapid abruxive entry path by continuous rough chewing and slightly faster absorption of complexed nboh/nbome through the buccal membranes (cheeks)
- the reduction of effects by oral administration will not provide any safety margin from swallowing significant doses.

with one dose generally agreed to be 0.9 mg (900 ug).

Man, I've been out of the loop or something. In my experimentation with 25C-NBOMe I never went over 550 µg, and that was enough to send me into the clouds. Typical (comfortable +3) was 250 µg. Where did this dosage come from? When people were vaporizing NBOMes I remember hearing that as low as 100 µg could be active by this route.

Not that anyone ever really knows what's on their blotter paper, anyway. I mean, Owsley Stanley was careful, and maybe some of Pickard's disciples cared for consistency, but not these days.

zn13bt said:
I took 600ug of 25I about 1:30 ago, liquid dose added to some Gatorade. Holy moly was it bitter, but the taste went away pretty quickly. Nothing happened for the first hour (other than having to go poo), so then I started eating a roast-beef sandwich, and within 10 minutes I started to feel some stimulation and body tingles. I'm at a definite +2 now, and getting some mild visuals, so it's surely not placebo.

pupnik said:
quite spaced out with some visuals by 6:00pm, not particularly slower than just chewing and sucking on the blotter.

Sounds like it's about half as potent orally as via liquid insufflation.

This NBOMe blotter thing was a terrible idea from the beginning and it never should have happened. It's not a consistent way to dose, it's a roulette of bioavailability in the best of times. Lots of things (e.g. alcohol consumption) can influence the bioavailability of stuff.

Last edited:
I only miss the numbing of my tongue (really)
otherwise I would not dare to swallow a whole one or several
the idea that it is not orally (gut) active is a fallacy.

please remove the hope that you can swallow the blotters and wait to see if you have acid. NBOH or nbome will get you just as stoned if you swallow it as if you gum it, or chew it. or try not to swallow saliva (another myth)

Glad someone posted this, I've seen a friend high on oral 25C-NBOMe before (watched him dose in front of me) and also seen a bunch of reports of similar experiences over on Shroomery where in fact most of them seemed rather surprised that everyone else still goes on saying that oral NBOxx are inactive.

Out of curiosity was it the salt form you had? All of the reports I've been able to dig up of orally active NBOMes (not sure about NBOH) are the HCl salts, I wonder if this is relevant.