• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Greetings to you all :)

Lady Bun-Bun

Bluelighter
Hey everyone,
Hope you are all having an awesome day. I am new here. I was referred to this site by a Moderator of this site and a good, old friend of mine, who is now my partner all these years later :3
He suggested I join this site for extra support and guidance and advice from a more 'un-involved' perspective...
Sooo my story...
What to say and where to start... Long story short, I have just left a long term relationship (6 years) when he became abusive due to his addiction to drugs.
While some drugs were a part of our life in a regular but positive way, it got out of hand when he came back into contact with speed after 3 years of not having it due to addiction. As we were always together and shared everything, I found myself very quickly being caught up in taking it too regularly and relying on it for everyday existence.
I found that my easy going and positive interaction with many other substances becoming a regular 'requirement' also. Something in the way that I reacted to speed changing my perception, tolerance and self control.
I did my best to stay in control of myself and support my partner through what he was going through but very quickly everything slipped away into an attitude of giving in as it was easier then fighting against everything.
Communication turned to lies and manipulation, love turned to abuse and control and many months of my life turned into nothing more then lying in bed smoking weed and opioids, not speaking until the afternoon when we would get in the car and drive to the dealers house to get speed; my favorite time cause I would get to see and talk to other humans, take speed and whatever else was around and get drunk then go back home to take valium when the boredom and depression got too much.
Life threw some really intense things our way just to stir the pot and the only thing that kept me going was the thought that I was there for other people.
I was always someone who would help others and was good at it. I had the reputation of being able to help others get through full-blown speed psychosis moments.
I did that with the idea that if I kept trying, I would eventually be able to help my partner get through his issues.
After two years of taking speed more and more regularly, I stopped being able to help others as I realized the person I loved was dead and gone and life was nothing more then my next cocktail of whatever I could get my hands on to forget and feel good. I had lost the fight of self control and I no longer even recognized myself. The way I thought and spoke had changed, I was just another addict, all that I had been and the beautiful life I had once lived seemed a distant fairytale I could barely remember. Old habits of self harm returned.
Then I wasn't allowed to go with him anymore because the other addicts, the only people I knew anymore, started worrying about me and that made him jealous. So I would stay at home and got to play on the internet.
I spoke to old friends again, people I missed so dearly. It made it worse because I wanted to see them but was too far away to visit, until his mother was in the hospital close to a friend's place and I got to see some very special people to me.
On the 11th of April, the third visit after the hospital my friends told me I should not go home with him and so I didn't. I have not seen my ex since due to fear of abuse.
I have not been clean since but I have been very careful of all of the things that were part of the last two years. I have not touched speed since and that has been very hard. A lot of the time I still feel I can't get through without it.
I have had my Black Rabbit of Inlè there for me every single day and I appreciate him and his support more then I could ever express or repay. I would not have made it through and be here today if not for you

Not all of it fit, so here is the rest of it

Essentially I am recovering from drug addiction and abuse simultainiously, making for a rougher experience, long term abuse of weed, opioids, alcohol and speed, I also find myself withdrawing from passive smoking because my ex was an intense chain smoker for our whole relationship.
So I have been on this journey of recovery since April 11 and finding it very up and down, already being diagnosed with PTSD from unrelated things, I have had a few issues come up like complete lack of motivation, mood swings and a blackout amounst other things.
Black Rabbit of Inlè suggested I get 5HTP and I have been taking that everyday for about a week. It makes a seriously awesome difference. Finally feeling like I can get up and achieve things and socialize, my mood has been pretty stable since and it has even helped with my PTSD, I have not really suffered from panic attacks since I started taking 5HTP and have not had to take my valium since either.
So I am here hoping to acheive support and further my understanding of what I am going through as I have never been truely addicted to anything like this before, I find what I am going through very confusing and unsettling. I also hope to be of help to others again now that I am starting to get my shit back together again.
Thank you for taking the time to read my story and for responding if you do so. I hope you all have an awesome day :)

Welcome to Bluelight! :)

I also have PTSD, so feel free to contact me if you ever would like to.

Hey there,

That's fantastic that a moderator referred you here. This site is supportive, friendly, helpful and welcoming - so you've come to the right place. Anything you need please don't hesitate in asking. You're also more than welcome to PM me anytime if you need someone to chat too.

Sounds like you may be interested in the recovery sub-forums here, which are:

- The Dark Side
- Sober Living
- Mental Health

and

- Other Drugs (OD) has a good The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread

Some social stuff that may interest you:

Adoption Programme - This is a kind of mentor/befriending programme where current members of Bluelight, befriend newcomers and try to help you settle into the site.
- New Members Introductions (NMI) Social Thread - This is a social thread, situated in New Members Introductions, for both Greenlighters and Bluelighters. Members tend to come from across all areas of BL..

I would also advise you to read the - Greenlighter's Guide and the rules known as - BLUA (Bluelight User Agreement) because they protect us members as well as the site. For instance; one of the rules is no sourcing, if a member had not read the rules and discusses sourcing, then they may receive a warning or whatever, and if they had have read the rules, they would have avoided receiving, eg a warning.

All the best,
Evey

Welcome to BL!!!

Wow that's quite the story and I'm so glad your here with us today:)

Anything I can help you with you just let me know okay? Don't be shy:)

That goes for me too. You're more than welcome to pm me anytime. I've never had PTSD so I won't try and patronise you by making out I understand what you're going through, but I'm willing to listen n help in any way I can. I hope you're settling into Bluelight - and that those links are helpful to you.

Take care,
Evey

What an amazing story. Welcome to BL. I look forward to seeing you posts as you come along in your life.

Thanks everyone for your warm welcomes and feedback :D
I am still learning to navigate this site and appreciate your suggestions.
I don't know how to add anyone yet but would love to chat to people who understand and/or can just sit and have chats with during the down times and good times :)

Thanks everyone for your warm welcomes and feedback :D
I am still learning to navigate this site and appreciate your suggestions.
I don't know how to add anyone yet but would love to chat to people who understand and/or can just sit and have chats with during the down times and good times :)

Hiya,
I've just read your initial post in depth (sorry for my rudeness I'm partially sighted so it's easier for me to read long post via my iPhone that laptop - multi-touch). I really felt for you reading what you have been through. You seem like a lovely person n from what you've wrote here, you have done right in not going back to that man. It's a shame that all this has happened n that the love you once shared- as well as the man you once knew, has died. The way I see it is everything happens for a reason and I hope that good things come to you from now on.

You say you love helping people. You could do that here if you wanted, you probably already have by writing your experience.

I don't know black rabbit but he does seem a decent n caring person. See the links I gave you, to the three recovery sub-forums, he moderates them n is good at it. He has mentioned (without giving details) worrying over a friend. I think I'm ok to say that if things are on forums. It's lovely that he's helped you n ace that he directed you to BL. As he's probably told you the site has helped millions of people n saved so many lives. The testimonials (intros) here show that.

I will send you a friend request.

To add someone as a friend, click on their user name then view profile. On their profile, you'll see a list of options on the left of the screen. Click "Add as a Friend" a message will appeae asking if you would like to continue click "OK" hope that helps.

Hope you're doing ok. Thinking of you n my heart goes out to you *Hugs*

Evey

^ hey Evey, just a little tip to facilitate your reading through the internet: you can "zoom in" holding CTRL and scrolling with the mouse, it'll make words bigger and easier for you to read :D