• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Everything you could want to know about VIVITROL

tfield88

Greenlighter
Ok, so I was motivated 5 minutes ago to write a post on everything anyone could ever want to know about Vivitrol (extended-release naltrexone), but that is completely gone. I will just give a brief summary and if anyone has specific questions I can try my best to answer them. I have been doing opiates daily for 5 years (2 years oxys and 3 years heroin). I have tried to quit over 1000 times and nothing ever worked. I got on Vivitrol 9 months ago and it has done a complete 360 for my life. In order to get on Vivitrol, you need to pass a urine test for all opiates including suboxone, the company recommends 7-10 clean. When I received my first shot I was only 5 days clean and did not have any adverse reactions to the injection. If anything it made me feel a little better. Over the past 9 months I have tested the efficiency of this shot countless times, the same day as the shot, the day after, a week after, 2 weeks after, 3 weeks after, 7 weeks after (was on vacation and missed my scheduled one). I can tell you that it takes about 12 hours for the shot to take full effect, therefore if you use on the same day you get it, you can still feel about 25-50% of the high, nothing special though. Anytime after those 12 hours, you can do as many bags as you want (OD is still possible from a toxic amount of drugs in your system) and absolutely NOTHING will happen until about day 17. And even at day 17 you are still only feeling about 25-50% of the high that you should. Around day 24 you can start feeling about 75% of your high, but if you are on the shot correctly, once every 28 days, by that time you wouldn't be clean for your next shot. Now I know this is a harm reduction forum and I don't want to encourage this at all, but I have used from days 17-27 (12 hours before my next shot), and did not go into severe withdrawals, but it did initiate mild withdrawals, I still went to work right after and "survived". I have also used from days 24-27 and had no ill affect whatsoever from receiving my injection. Now, the times I have used within 24 hours of my next injection, I had already been on Vivitrol for months and am sure that it was still blocking almost half my receptors and that is why I did not go into severe withdrawals. If you used that close to your very first injection, I believe the outcome would be very different and very unpleasant. After receiving the injection, I can usually feel like a mini golfball size bump in my muscle and it is uncomfortable for 3-7 days, not painful just not very comfortable in certain positions. I'm sure I have more to say about vivitrol but just can't of it right off the top of my head right now, so if anyone has specific questions let me know and I will try to answer them.

I forgot, I have also tried drinking several times which isn't really fun until about day 17-21. If you drink before then, you just lose interest and motivation after a beer or two, and if you do power through and keep drinking, it is an uncomfortable "buzz" that doesn't provide any euphoria or numbness, just loss of motor skills and whatnot. But after day 21, drinking feels pretty normal.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, when I used 7 weeks after my shot, I OD'ed for the first time ever off of only half a bag of ECP, when I normally use around 2 bags at a time. Naltrexone can help reduce tolerance and with the long time period off, one is very susceptible to OD, so please be careful. I was luckily with someone who called 911 and I had to be Narcan twice, off HALF a bag.

Last edited:
I have a question: why did you keep getting naltrexone shots if you just kept trying to get high while it was in ur system?

Because I want to continue getting the shot and I have a support system that "forces" me to continue to get it. This is a very strong addiction and even though I would do ANYTHING to never touch opiates again, I fall in to weak moments. I did say that it has done a complete 360 for my life which is true, instead of having a negative bank account, being sick every single day, stealing, lying, cheating, and everything else that goes along with heroin addiction, I live a normal life now. Realize that all those experiments came over a 9 month period of time. Right now I am using once or twice in between shots and would LOVE to completely stop so when I stop receiving my monthly injections in 5 months I don't go straight back to getting high everyday.

So the naltrexone stopped the alcohol buzz eh interesting. Many have told me naloxone/naltrexone has no medical reason to affect the buzz from alcohol.

I wouldn't get the shot everyone I know trys to break through it cause the naltrexone doesn't curb the cravings whatsoever like suboxone does so whats the point the only people who take it are the ones who's parents or spouse is making then get it to be sure they won't be getting high then the addict trys his best to still get high meaning nothings changed.

Not for me sounds like hell to tell you the truth wanting or get high so bad but you just can't do enough drugs to even feel anything so you keep trying and trying.
Suboxone changed my life for the better I can take this daily and not do ANY heroin don't try to break through it cause it leaves me content

I would rather live putting an opiate like Suboxone in my body daily instead of doing vivatrol and still be doing heroin whenever I get a chance to.
I got savings now I'm not living paycheck to paycheck no more and even though I have all this money in the bank I'm not spending ANY of it on heroin anymore just cannabis which is a big change compared to a year ago when I would have spent every last dime of it getting high and then some.

Last edited:
So the naltrexone stopped the alcohol buzz eh interesting. Many have told me naloxone/naltrexone has no medical reason to affect the buzz from alcohol.

I wouldn't get the shot everyone I know trys to break through it cause the naltrexone doesn't curb the cravings whatsoever like suboxone does so whats the point the only people who take it are the ones who's parents or spouse is making then get it to be sure they won't be getting high then the addict trys his best to still get high meaning nothings changed.

Not for me sounds like hell to tell you the truth wanting or get high so bad but you just can't do enough drugs to even feel anything so you keep trying and trying.
Suboxone changed my life for the better I can take this daily and not do ANY heroin don't try to break through it cause it leaves me content

I would rather live putting an opiate like Suboxone in my body daily instead of doing vivatrol and still be doing heroin whenever I get a chance to.
I got savings now I'm not living paycheck to paycheck no more and even though I have all this money in the bank I'm not spending ANY of it on heroin anymore just cannabis which is a big change compared to a year ago when I would have spent every last dime of it getting high and then some.

What's the point? You must be young into your addiction, I have never heard of a junkie that didn't at least want to get clean and live a better, more fulfilling life. Suboxone still does not have you be yourself, your mind is still under an opiate and you will never the true you until you get off of it too.

Doing this, he is forced to live the sober life (which have to really want to get do the shot). Of course any good addict is going to try his best to get high anyway, it's what we do. But hopefully after a long enough time for your brain being dope free, the addiction will finally lose it's grip on you. That is how I see it at least. I have thought about getting the shot countless amounts of times, but I am also kind of scared of being on antagonist for such an extended period of time (it can cause heavy depression, suicidal thoughts, etc.).

What negative side effects have you had from the shot?

I have not really had any negative side effects from the shot. I have had 2-3 months period of time where I did not use in between shots, and mentally and physically I could not tell any difference when my shot wore off or when I received my new shot. For me, with no opiates in my system, the shot is like receiving in injection of water, no side effects whatsoever, aside from a little bump in my butt muscle that is uncomfortable for a few days.

:|
What's the point? You must be young into your addiction, I have never heard of a junkie that didn't at least want to get clean and live a better, more fulfilling life. Suboxone still does not have you be yourself, your mind is still under an opiate and you will never the true you until you get off of it too.

Doing this, he is forced to live the sober life (which have to really want to get do the shot). Of course any good addict is going to try his best to get high anyway, it's what we do. But hopefully after a long enough time for your brain being dope free, the addiction will finally lose it's grip on you. That is how I see it at least. I have thought about getting the shot countless amounts of times, but I am also kind of scared of being on antagonist for such an extended period of time (it can cause heavy depression, suicidal thoughts, etc.).

What negative side effects have you had from the shot?

Hahahahaha oh yea you got it right I want to be a junkie all my life yep that's the life.

Oh really I didn't know I was still on an opiate thanks for clearing that up. :|

I know I am I don't say I'm clean I say I'm on suboxone and I no longer have a problem in my life from my addiction. My liver failed on me at 18 from popping pills and I was still slowly killing myself afterwards slamming a half gram of dope at a time just to kill my pain. I was in pain both physically from a work injury and mentally from having a lot of fucked up shit happen to me and having to grow up and be the man of the house and pay the rent/bills at age 14. I could do as much heroin as I wanted to at one point which was dangerous for me I didn't give a shit about myself I just wanted to escape.

The fact is I would have been dead without Suboxone I am ashamed of how much dope I have done the past 8 years during my addiction I've probably done more of the shit than you both combined it was all I lived for dam near killed me. I could have bought a fucking house or 2 with all the money I made selling dope but instead I put it all into my arms. In and out of the hospital with infections and my whole body was going septic I was putting my life at risk every speedball I did but I just kept upping the dose as my tolerance grew, doing an 8ball of heroin each day was a normal occurrence I wasn't thinking about making relationships or what I want to do for a lifelong career besides busting my back at the same job I've always done for 7 years and selling drugs risking prison. I just did what I had to do to get high and I wanted to die so Suboxone gave me a normal life and I'm happy trying to become a counsler now for addicts as I like to help fellow addicts which is something I never thought I could do I thought ide be dead before 30 as my doctor told me if I kept up using my liver will be done by 30.
So I think I made the right choice with vivitril I would have tried to break through and would've killed myslef because like you said that's what addicts do, its not for me its either Suboxone or clean with out anything. It could work for some people sure but I don't see the point if it doesn't curb cravings why not just take nothing that's just my thinking about it.

It doesn't mean I want to be a junkie all my life and have no desire to ever quit just cause I wouldn't take vivatrol and I'm certainly not young to addiction I've lived on the street's poor I've sold dope risking prison thinking I'm beating the system as I was functional and had money to spend unlike the other addicts but bottom line I've done shit I'm not proud of and became a person I didn't like and now I do finally have some confidence and im creating new relationships and helping others Just cause so many un educated people say oh your still taking drugs you know your still an addict doesnt mean im gonna agree with them.

Just cause you tried to analyse me over the internet from my opinion on vivatrol and came to the conclusion I want to be a junkie all my life and am new to addiction doesn't make it true and I certainly arnt gonna kick myself for being on suboxone just cause YOU said its still a drug it works for me and saved my life.

Mmhh let's see what's better an 8ball of IV heroin daily and constantly dipping into a kilo of heroin knowing it could be my last hit.
Or 1mg of sublingual Suboxone?
Its a tough choice. Vivatrol just isnt for me I don't understand why block your opiate receptors one month at a time what if you hurt yourself bad and NEED pain meds do you stay in a coma for the time it wears off? Ive heard too many questions like how long until I can get high on vivatrol and although Suboxone has people on it doing the same thing I've also heard lots of success stories. I don't think vivatrol has been studied enough.
I wasn't passing judgment on anybody simply giving my view on vivatrol.

Last edited:
^^Don't even worry about it man, to me Vivitrol is just part of the whole AA/rehab complex, which doesn't give a shit about you, they just want your money. Rehabs won't keep people on suboxone maintenance and AA treats maintenance as using--yet they wonder why the "relapse rate" is over 90%... Whole industry is bullshit, why would you pay $1000/day for what's basically a shitty vacation, since they tell you the first day only like 5 in 100 make it to 1-year...

Why did you even bother to post? You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
1. There are junkies that don't give 2 fucks about life and haven't for a long time.
2. OP is clearly not forced to live a sober life, seeing as he still shoots heroin.
3. He's not even mentally sober the rest of the time, because he's always craving.
4. "any good addict is going to try his best to get high anyway, it's what we do" is bullshit (besides, in the sentence before he's "living the sober life")

^^Don't even worry about it man, to me Vivitrol is just part of the whole AA/rehab complex, which doesn't give a shit about you, they just want your money. Rehabs won't keep people on suboxone maintenance and AA treats maintenance as using--yet they wonder why the "relapse rate" is over 90%... Whole industry is bullshit, why would you pay $1000/day for what's basically a shitty vacation, since they tell you the first day only like 5 in 100 make it to 1-year...

Why did you even bother to post? You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
1. There are junkies that don't give 2 fucks about life and haven't for a long time.
2. OP is clearly not forced to live a sober life, seeing as he still shoots heroin.
3. He's not even mentally sober the rest of the time, because he's always craving.
4. "any good addict is going to try his best to get high anyway, it's what we do" is bullshit (besides, in the sentence before he's "living the sober life")

Yea thanks man your right about AA and how people view junkies who are on matinence drugs I mean I pay put of pocket for my suboxone I have stopped dope totally no just using heroin until I run out of money and then switch to Suboxone. I think I seem to have a pretty good will to get clean I want a better life I'm not trying to break through my meds all the time I relapsed once when my dad died but that's it I've had a year where I don't have to go pick up dope or be doing dope all day and night which is a pretty big change from a year ago.

I think rehabs are bullshit they teach you things you learn in out patient resources or even online its such a rip off I got to know a guy i met in detox who's family took out a 2nd mortgage to pay 100 000 for a fancy rehab one you see on intervention and the guy relapsed one month later meaning it was pretty much all a waste he went from having a crack addiction to a heroin addiction after rehab so it didn't do much for him. He has been in detox with me a few times and each time his family paid for him to go to a stabilisation centre that's a few grand for 30 days but each time he slipped up. Imagine the guilt he feels knowing what his family did to get him the "best possible treatment available'' only to be a worse junkie than ever letting his kids go without food all the time cause the dope comes first. He's always phoning me for help cause he got beat up by crack heads trying to buy dope on skid row cause they can tell he's a rich white boy from the nice part of town with money and it happens all the time but he don't learn. It's sad I have another friend who just got kicked out on the street and had a seizure from withdrawal so I came and helped him out fed him gave him a 26 of vodka and a tent I can't let him stay at my place cause he gets loud when drunk which is all the time so I would be kicked out of my place. I tried to help as best I could I'm trying to get him into detox quicker with some of my connections I've met over the years but all I can do now is help him out with some liquor when I can and get him into detox he has to do the rest.

If i am on the vivatrol shot and if i take a suboxone strip will i feel a buzz? Ive been clean 6 months now and just wanna feel the effect of a suboxone.

Vivitrol information for those forced into it, effects and timelines

Hey all, I've been a long time lurker here and finally decided to post my information on Vivitrol, the 30 day shot that slowly releases that nasty Naltrexone into your ass cheek... I have done extensive research on vivitrol pretty much every day for the past month. I have read the FDA report, the case studies, as well as many personal experiences with this drug. I noticed from all the experiences that the results vary widely from person to person. This is just my personal experience to add to the mixed results with this drug.

First off a little background info. I am 24 now and have been using drugs since the age of 13. At 16 I got sick and was in a lot of pain and that was the first time I tried an opiate. They shot me up with two doses of morphine in the hospital and wheeled my bed to the MRI station and I remember laying down in the bed as we went up in the elevator and I felt wonderful! Warm, cozy, happy, and stress/pain free. After that I got a prescription for percocet and finished my 30 pills in a week. I knew from then on that my DOC was opiates. After I brief stint with oxys, I ended up on IV heroin at the age of 17 and continued everyday till the age of 20 when I first got sent to rehab. I got a year and a half then relapsed and got sober again for another 2.5 years. Recently I went out for 6 weeks and ran out of money and got evicted so I ended up back at home and my parents forced me to get the vivitrol shot. I had no money at the time so I grudgingly agreed. I got the shot 22 days ago after a 7 day detox.

Day 1, Dec 15 - went to the doctor and got the vivitrol shot. It was a giant 2 inch 18 gauge needle that was shot into my right upper glute. It stung a little bit but not too much. I drove home feeling no different until a few hours later. Things started to feel "off." It's hard to describe, it wasn't precipitated withdrawals but it definitely made me feel weird. This sucked because at day 6, right before the shot, I finally started to feel better from my detox and this put me 2 steps back in my feeling normal. I had my last doses of benzos and ambien which I used and was able to sleep through the night. Though I did not eat anything that day or have any desire to eat.

Day 2 - Still feeling weird, no appetite, upset stomach, and INTENSE cravings. I felt like shit. I decided to try the gym because in my past it has always helped me tremendously through my post detox. I am in good shape and had been working out every day prior to my 6 week relapse. I got to the gym and did the elliptical. I only set it for 15 minutes and it was a hugeeeeee struggle. After the elliptical I went into the steam room then left to go back home. I got ZERO relief from the workout. The vivitrol completely blocked my endogenous opioids and all that happened was me ending up incredibly sore. I had no pain relief and my back was killing me. My back was fucked up for the next 10 days and nothing helped. That night I got maybe 3 hours of sleep which for me is unmanageable. Cravings sky rocketed here on day 2. I already have a pretty low pain tolerance (I think from my years of opiate abuse), and my brain kept telling me to use to feel better but I knew it would be futile.

Days 3-6 - Still feel like shit, appetite is off and the pain is still present. Sleep is still fucked up and overall very displeased with this shot. Around day 4, the pain in my ass (Literally!) started to ease up. The worst part is that at day 6 of my detox, right before the shot, I was feeling about 85% normal and the shot knocked me right back to ~50%. This was super frustrating and exacerbated the cravings. I still had a few suboxone left over and had read that some people had some success feeling a little opiate buzz from IV suboxone. This is due to the high affinity of Bupe. Naltrexone blocks opiate receptors through competitive binding and bupe appears to have a higher binding affinity than naltrexone. On day 6 I decided to take 6mg of suboxone sublingually. I don't IV pills and I hate snorting drugs. I took it and had very minimal effect, most likely placebo if anything. I think it failed because the naltrexone plasma levels in the first week is just too high and even with the higher affinity, it was too small a dose to override the ~15mg of naltrexone in my system. Bummed with the failure I craved even harder to feel my sweet sweet heroin and get some relief.

Day 7-10 - The pain at injection site returned and lasted until day 10, I believe this was due to the polymers in my butt breaking down at a quicker rate. Back pain and insomnia was still present but started to ease up slightly. Appetite was coming back a bit but food tasted off. I craved sweets which I thought would give me some of my natural feel goods but the vivitrol blocked it and sweets were not as fun as they used to be.

Day 11-14 - I started feeling a bit better. My pain was letting up and I was getting at least 6 hours of sleep a night. From my research, I read that the plasma level of naltrexone starts to decline after day 14. I took my last 4 mg of suboxone and attempted to prepare for IV. Unfortunately I had no micron filter and no good method of preparation. Unable to get a clear shot, I ended up snorting the somewhat milky liquid instead of wrecking a vein. This time I definitely felt a SLIGHT opiate buzz. Not even a buzz really, just felt normal finally. That day I went on a 3 mile walk with my dog and made it the entire way without much pain. The next day however I was sore! Though I slept well and felt the best I had since the shot.

Day 15-21 - Each day I started to feel better and sleep better. My appetite returned and I started to get enjoyment from things that release natural endorphin's. Not a full on runners high or chocolate high but definitely got some relief. In a few experiences I read I saw that people could start feeling the heroin high around day 20-22 though still blunted by the naltrexone. Decided to pick up .5 of some BTH for testing the following day. (For the sake of science of course.... ;P)

Day 22 (Today) - Decided to try and see if I could get off on some of my BTH. It is what I had been using before and is decent quality. Not "fire" per say but definitely not bunk. I have been blessed with a fast metabolism and had been urinating quite frequently since day 14. Naltrexone is primarily excreted through the urine so I imagined I got a lot of it out withing the past few days. Knowing that the naltrexone, once completely out of your system, actually sensitizes your opiate receptors, I decided to try smoking a point first to make sure I didn't blast my head off with a shot. I smoked the point and felt a slight high. VERY minimal but definitely something. I decided that I still had a decent blockade of my receptors and that I could do a shot without overdosing. I set up .2 in a shot, registered, plunged........ and got a nice buzz!!!! This is day 22 of the "28" day shot. Before getting sober, I was doing .5 shots minimum so this was much less then before and I still got a good buzz. I got a rush, though much less pronounced. Not so much the pins and needles but definitely the warmth and comfort running all over my body. Pupils went to pins and the wonderful itch came back. I'm now writing this feeling warm and wonderful for the first time since I got this damn shot. I got my energy back and the pain relief is wonderful. I don't plan on using again until I get a few more days so that I don't waste the stuff. I'd say this high was 50-70% of my usual and that's off of less then half of what I dosed before. I plan to wait and use less until I get back to 100%.

Conclusion:

Please note that this is only my personal experience and that your results may vary wildly if you take this drug. First of all this is my first injection, I know with multiple injections there is a slight accumulation in the naltrexone levels in your body and it may take longer to feel the effects of your DOC. Secondly, attempting to override the naltrexone blockade can be VERY DANGEROUS if you are reckless. I have read reports of people shooting grams+ to attempt to override the blockade while its strong. The naltrexone only blocks the euphoria of the drug but the respiratory depression still occurs and people have died from this (without even getting high!!!) It's not worth it for the first 20 days and if you do try I would stop at .5 and if you don't feel it just wait. Also when the vivitrol completely wears off, day 26-35, your tolerance will be super low due to the abstinence and sensitization of your receptors. Please don't due your normal dose after completing treatment.

I wrote this article mostly for the people who are forced into this shot. I had no desire of stopping and only did this till I could get back on my feet, which I now have money and a place to go. I do not plan on getting another shot. For me the shot made me feel horrible. I felt like I was trapped in a prison inside my body. I have detoxed 100's of times and never was it this long and painful. My depression and anxiety sky rocketed until a little after the 2nd week when it started wearing off and it did absolutely nothing for my cravings. In fact, I think it made the cravings worse. It was a daily countdown till I was far enough to try and use and that made every day feel 2x longer than usual. As for the time frames, everyone will be different. There are several factors including metabolism and duration on the shot that will effect the levels of naltrexone in your system. I have read of people getting full on high around day 20 (Though rare) and people being unable to get high at all until day 35. Please don't give me shit for using on this drug, I know its meant to keep you sober but if you aren't ready yet then just like most real addicts you will attempt to beat the shot. The key is to be smart and safe while attempting to do so.

HOWEVER, if you are seriously ready to stop using dope... mentally, spiritually, and physically, then this drug might be perfect for you. Though you will feel like shit the first shot (I heard it gets better each successive shot) and your cravings won't be helped like sub or methadone maintenance, this will give you that extra crutch to get through the rough beginning of sobriety. If the shot works normally for you and you get it every 28 days you won't be able to get high at all and won't want to waste your money. That is key for an early addict because even with the strongest desire to stop, that early part of your recovery can still trick you and you could end up high and starting all over. This disease is insidious and can pull you back in at the drop of a hat (or the trigger of a thought in my case).

Anyways, this is my experience and I wanted to share it as I'm sure there are people like me who got the shot and ended up doing shit tons of research on it. If you have any questions please feel free to ask, if I am able to answer I will! I will also keep posted on what happens in the next few days and what day I find the shot to be completely out of my system.

Enjoy!

-Toot

thank you for this, it answered a lot of my questions but I'm wondering can you get drunk at all if your on the shot? what happens if you drink on it? also i would like to know if you could still feel the effects of coke while having naltrexone in your system. like lets say you wan a do a shot of a coke how would that work out would u feel it or na

thank you for this, it answered a lot of my questions but I'm wondering can you get drunk at all if your on the shot? what happens if you drink on it? also i would like to know if you could still feel the effects of coke while having naltrexone in your system. like lets say you wan a do a shot of a coke how would that work out would u feel it or na

Hey there, I actually have not tried to drink on the shot. I really am not a fan of alcohol and have had no desire to try some. From my research though, I have read that you can start enjoying alcohol around day 21. Before that though, you will still get drunk but will not feel any euphoria or reward for drinking. Apparently when you drink, your body releases natural endorphins which triggers your bodies reward system thus instilling the addiction that you drink and you feel good. You can however get loss of motor control and all the other physical aspects of alcohol. As for coke, I haven't tried that yet. I plan to get some after my 30 days so I will let you know how it is. Also from my research, I read that you can feel coke while on the shot but the high is slightly diminished. Though for a heroin addict like myself doing coke with no chance of getting any opiate effect after for the comedown sounds like a total nightmare. I value my sleep way too much to be strung out and coming down without my beautiful h to assist. Keep in mind I am only speaking from others experience on these two aspects from all the research I've done, I have not tried either yet.

Today, day 23, I used again twice. Once at 9 and again at 4. Both felt nice and better then yesterday, I did .2 both times and felt a very nice body buzz and a near nod after the second. Still no pins and needles though and the rush and euphoria were not as strong as I would have liked. I plan to wait another week before my next indulgence so I can get back to my opiate naive state and really have some fun. Again though, anyone ending vivitrol treatment needs to use extreme care when using again. Abstinence and sensitization of your opiate receptors will lower your tolerance tremendously and many people who used anything near the amount they used before treatment have overdosed. I plan to play it super safe and do tiny shots to gauge where I stand. Remember, you can always do more, but you can never do less once it's in.

As for pbuilder, if you read my story I went through this not of my own accord only to get back on my feet. Now I got money and a place and figured I'd share my experience for those who have been in the same situation as myself. From all the research I've done, that's quite a few. You don't have to read it or like it, there are tons of other threads you can make your useless comments on!

Interesting story, thanks for sharing.

ONE thing is that this is better suited to be posted in the "Trip Reports" sub-forum as it is more of an experience than a question (although this will probably be the only naltrexone trip report ever written ahahaha).

Interesting story, thanks for sharing.

ONE thing is that this is better suited to be posted in the "Trip Reports" sub-forum as it is more of an experience than a question (although this will probably be the only naltrexone trip report ever written ahahaha).

Thanks! Yea I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section. I was trying to figure out where this info should go and this section seemed like the best fit.

Day 24 - I was able to not use today even though my cravings were up there. I want to save what I have until closer to the end when the blockade will be completely gone. I was worried that I might feel slight withdrawals or discomfort today but thankfully I did not. I slept great last night and worked all day today without any major issues. The only thing I noticed was a slight headache at the back of my neck. I think this has something to do with naltrexone because when I first started the shot, I started getting headaches in the same spot. Luckily 2 Tylenol cleared it right up.

I will continue to post my experience until I believe it is completely out of my system to finish this timeline.

I can tell you for a fact that you can still get just as drunk as normal with naltrexone in your system. I was actually prescribed 50mg naltrexone pills at one point to help with alcohol cravings. They didn't help, but I was still able to get hammered like usual. As for coke, I cannot say for sure, but I do not see any reason naltrexone would have any effect on your coke high. Hope this helps.

Vivitrol doesnt affect coke as far as i know, i did it two weeks in and felt it, since i couldnt do anything else i wanted an alcohol is blocked by vivitrol, i drank on it an only got the bad effects like dizziness but no good feeling, i still felt sober but sick, and threw up cause i drank too much an still felt normal, but i heard it wears off before the opiate blocking does. You can iv suboxone and feel it on vivitrol pretty decent, but you gotta do like 4mg which is half or the whole thing and you will feel something.

Day 20 an ima try an see if i could feel anything, tried on day 16 cause i heard someone feeling it on day 10 but it didnt do anything, i had a 8mg sub on one day ivd an i felt it an heard that it takes some naltrexone off and it doesnt go back on so hopefully it makes it a bit weaker, gonna get shit to see if it works in a few

^ let us know what happens I'm curious to see if you can get high after a while. i am not on vivitrol but mite have to go on it soon

I got it about an hr ago an shot up one bag, im kinda tight cause i really dont feel anything, i did get a little itchy an kinda made myself think i felt it, i havnt slept alot so im really tired but i know the difference between tired and nodding an im just tired lol, before trying now i havnt been high since december 14 so i didnt wanna over do it but im only on day 20 so ima wait 2 more days try again, if nothing wait another 2 and so on til this shot i hate wears off, its really good if you seriously wanna stop which i did at first but i was forgetting what being high felt like so i had to do it ahha, anyway ill post when i first feel it good in a few days