• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Everything you could want to know about VIVITROL

Im on day 35 of vivatrol. I tried on day 10, 15, 20, 23, 28, 30, and day 33 to get high. Let me just say..wen i used on all those times, i got SICK. and when i say sick, i mean sneezing, coughing, runny nose, watering eyes, coldness, and being very uncomfortable and depressed the whole rest of the time after i used. It was bad. I tried Percocet two times, which i felt in my eyes but i didn't have any euphoria. I used dope the rest of the times.. Which is wen i got very sick afterwards. I have a bag and some perks now but im holdin off because i wanna make sure this vivatrol is 100% outta my system cuz idk about anybody else but I HATE to waste my shit and that's wat ive been doin. I would advise ppl on vivatrol to wait the FULL 35 or 40 days. This shit is different for everybody. Some can feel it on day 10 or 25 or 28. Some, like me, cant feel nothin till prob day 40 or 45. But honestly, my life has been okay snice i haven't been using. I haven't spontaneously combusted or jumped off my roof..nothin like that. But my cravings are enough for me to go out and get dope even tho i kno i wont feel it. Crazy rite...? yea, i kno. Heroin is a lie in a bag. It sells you magic but gives you PAIN and UGLY. If someone is serious about stopping dope or any opiates..vivatrol is the way in my eyes. Im ready..but im not. I hope somebody can relate to me lol. Anyway.. Im scared of getting sick after using again so im gna put off the shit i do have till day 40.. easier said then done. Can somebody tell me how long dope can stay good in a stamped bag? Ive had it for just a day...thanks!

Feel u bro im on day 27 again now and havnt tried dope yet since i got the shot but have done subs a few inbetween cuz i heard they make u feel something since the tolerance is mad low and they do definitly make u feel a small buzz enough to notice when yur tolerance is a few weeks in on vivitrol, as for the dope they last long in the bags even without the bags, u do know it was bagged up a while ago too, it sits around n sold down the line til it got to u

I really cant believe u got sick on day 30 an 33 thats nuts, last time i got the shot i felt it a lil bit by day 28 n day 33 it was full high, now im on 27 n i havnt tried yet but will probly by 30 n if im right i shud feel something unless that piece of shit shot is still lurking in my ass cheek lol but yea it sucks cuz i wanna stay on the shot but being on drugs is hard to get off especially when u have done it for years, ima get the next shot soon but i feel like if i dont get shit before that then itll b on my mind harder n ill really fuck up after this next shot

lemme tell u JblazeTYC I swear to god this shit is learkin in my ass man...the vivatrol shot people called my phone askn about the doctor that's gna give me my next shot..i haven't gotten my 2nd one. But anyway, I said to them how long does the shot last cuz im hearin its different for everybody. This lady told me its the same for everyone... 4 to 6 weeks. Now, I doubt shes on the shot nd shes just going off of wat she is told about the shot..but im on day 46. I tried 2 days ago nd got sick. Flu sick. Lol..idk what it is man but this shit is holdin on to my ass for dear life. Yea I kno, heroin is the devil in a bag. I go thru days where im like FUCK DOPE shit can kiss my white ass. Then, like today..its all different. Nd yea, I kno about the dope sittin around for awhile. I also take into consideration the color nd amount that's in the bag. Im from Jersey, and wen I get the bags wen its filled almost too good to be true amount..its usually too good to be true nd the shit is all cut. When the shit is brown nd a small amount, that's wen its ready to pop out the bag nd make u higher then a bitch. That's my from expirence tho. Idk why im so different from everybody on this shot.

Oh shit thats crazy 46 days, that got me scared cuz im on day 38 now n im goin nuts wasting mad bread n not feeling a thing from dope, i was able to get a feeling from alcohol but nothing from opiates, reading u say 46 days made me tight cuz i hope i dont go that long too or ima waste so much money trying even tho i dont wanna it just makes me, but she said its the same for everyone 4-6 weeks, which is pretty much saying its not the same for everyone cuz one person cud feel it in 4 weeks and another in 6, last time it was out my system by day 33 fully, i hate this shit it drives me crazy

I just dont get how u got sick like that after usin on the shot, last time i was on it i tried a bunch before i felt it an didnt get any type of sick, even now i been tryin for about 10 days straight n didnt get any type of withdrawal feelings, ive done enough to get my body back addicted but havnt had any sick feelings, its crazy how different peoples bodys react to shit n the length it lasts

From my experience so far, opiates are the only thing Vivitrol completely blocks.

I got the injection 8 days ago and I got pretty drunk yesterday.

I shot a little bit of coke 4 days in and felt it

you can still smoke weed

I Don't see why amphetamines / psychedelics would be affected

I heard the more shots you get, the longer the blocking effects will last. As in, your 3rd shot will block all opiates longer than your first shot will

either way, Im not getting this shit again because for one: its a hundred dollars and thats with insurance. Spend 100 dollars and be miserable just so I dont spend 100 dollars? the fuck?

and the actual shot made my ass hurt for the first 4-5 days.

and if you get on subs you can always hang onto them or w/e. With Vivitrol, there's no wiggle room. You arent getting high off opiates for around a month, deal with it

Now day 42 n tried again to get high n it work just a dot i def felt a change in my body when i did it just no rush n not much euphoria just a small buzz type feeling, but hopefully in 2 days itll b more cuz its been mad days so it shud work soon, the days when i dont try i wud shoot a sub n it def gives a feeling, takes away the cravings of wanting to get high but will make u get a buzz n feel a lil bit content with that till im able to feel the dope

Laurenwashere Today makes u on day 54, have u tried recently n if so are u able to feel anything, im on day 43 now n still nothing, so it got me nervous that id be day 46 n nothing like u said n it looks like thatll b right, just hope it wont pass 50 days, thats y i wanted to know if u felt anything yet since youll b around day 54 by now, get back to me an lmk

JblazeTYC !!! I got ur message but it wont let me reply. Its my 64th day and I finally felt it. 64 days!! who else did this last that long for???

laurenwashere 64 days? That's a long time. How many shots have you received if you don't mind me asking?

I'm 19 days into my 6th shot. I don't plan on getting anymore and would like to test the waters soon :).

im on day 22 of my first shot.

If I shoot dope right now there is absolutely no rush at all. Its the same dope I was getting before I got the shot and I would usually do 1.5-2 bags at a time of that sometimes 3 in rare cases

and Ive been shooting about 1/3rd of bags while ive been trying to test this out. here's what has happened for me personally

day 20- shot 1/3rd bag. no rush, slight chest depression. Could swear I felt different but I had been smoking weed all day so it was hard to tell. too hard to tell for what it should be for a regular dope high.

day 21 - still no rush. felt the dope a bit more this time for about 30 mins after the shot. Seems like there is a fight going on in my brain over the naltrexone and dope because I dont get a real high I just kind of space out after shooting up thinking about what the rush should feel like.

day 22 - had no intentions of doing anything today but plans changed. convinced myself it's for science and the greater good. about to go shoot up ill let you guys know whats up

alright, I feel a little bit high. If I had to put a percentage on it I would say about 25% of what I should be feeling right now.

Still no rush whatsoever, the only real "high" im even experiencing seems to happen for like a fleeting second occasionally and then its almost like the Vivitrol rips the dope right back off the receptor and it goes away. There is literally a tug of war going on in my brain right now and the Vivitrol must still be concentrated enough to block enough of the effects to make me consider it a waste of time. There is a little bit of meat on the bone to be had at day 22, but dont expect a steak dinner.

Last edited:
Damn thats pretty crazy, for me around day 52 is when i felt something, and from trying so much and not feeling anything and then when i finally did, the withdrawals came pretty quickly from not bein high 52 days, an they were pretty bad withdrawals almost like when i was using everyday

tfield88 - Could you help me out with a couple of questions? I last used on Saturday in the early hours of the morning probably around 2am when I shot a point or two of heroin. Well, this Thursday, I am scheduled to get my very first Vivitrol injection. It will technically be 5 days after my last use, but If you count the whole rest of the day on Saturday as being clean, it would be 6 days after my last use... Do you think I will get sick from getting the shot that early? Also, you mentioned that you used the same day as getting the shot but only feeling half of what you normally would feel. If I used right after getting the injection, wouldn't this make me get sick once the shot started to kick in? Would I feel the dope at all?

tfield88 .... If I used right after getting the injection, wouldn't this make me get sick once the shot started to kick in? Would I feel the dope at all?

WTF are you getting the shot for? Read the above about AA/re-hap industry. Look into it yourself, it's all true. AA/NA is a bunch of folks rehashing their glory days and one upping each other on how drunk they used to get. Then all the medical associations, gov't agencies, courts, etc... that have recommended AA over the years scratch their fucking heads trying to figure out the roughly 5% success rate of AA, and an even lower rate for NA.

Decent places to make connection though, but for that re-habs are better.

Try maintenance or a medication assisted taper. But from your closing question you're not ready to really quit. So, maintenance is the right place if you want to stop using dope and not crave - by that I mean you wouldn't even think to write that last sentence.

Yes, maintenance can be used to facilitate a lower dosage dope habit for many, but taken daily in amounts of 4 - 8-mg, often less it will work wonders for most, of not methadone definitely can.

Isn't Naltrexone being used like those who use while on Suboxone? With people like two here alone, trying to get high before the shot even starts to take effect. FFS!

And let's knock it off with the "clean" / "dirty" language. I was as clean as I am today when I shot dope 4 - 5 times a day. That terminology is harmful, and comes from a place of shame - not forward thinking. Let's not think poorly of ourselves because we used dope. Do we call someone who has two drinks "dirty" for the evening then "clean" in the morning? Mostly not.

Try "using" and "not using" - much better for all involved and more accurate a description of the situation. I consume buprenorphine. I am not abusing any drugs, I don't drink. I smoke weed. I do not abuse it. Therefore I declare that I am "clean", and "not using". I won't let anyone or any organization refer to me as "dirty"

Think about it...

So the naltrexone stopped the alcohol buzz eh interesting. Many have told me naloxone/naltrexone has no medical reason to affect the buzz from alcohol.

And yet it has been used to treat alcoholism for a long time...(and

I don't think the exact mechanism has been elecidated, I never understood why an opioid antagonist would effect ethanol, but it does work. Note that it does not treat PHYSICAL dependence on alcohol whatsoever, just reduces the craving to drink/the effects of drinking.

I know I never liked mixing alcohol and opioids(of course not a big fan of alcohol anyway) but on suboxone, the very idea of a drink detests me.

Just thought I'd bump this thread because I never followed up but I finally felt a rush from shooting heroin on my first vivitrol shot at Day 30.

Then again, I didn't try from day 22 til Day 30 so it might have worked sooner but the general consensus is by 30 days you should be able to not waste your money getting high.

But thanks to our super awesome legal system, Im now on my second vivitrol shot, Day 24.

I have used Suboxone intravenously about 5 times over this span and I found it to work, albeit it is a Suboxone high so don't expect too much. You probably don't have to shoot it to feel it but I wanted to be sure.

I figure if Im going to be on this shot atm, I might as well research how long it takes be for you can get high again because I see this becoming a trend as vivitrol is pushed more and more instead of the usual maintenance drugs.

So here we are, Day 24 of the second shot. About to prepare 30mgs of morphine IRs to see how everything is coming along (shooting pills is bad mmkay? )

Not expecting anything but they were free.

Will update

Nothing really to speak of. But morphine is also a lot weaker than dope so idk

Last edited:
ok so I tried shooting up a bag of heroin that I know to be good from someone else and this is on Day 25

one whole bag - pretty much no effects whatsoever. I guess I kind of got enjoyment over the whole process but no high at all. definitely going to wait until at least day 28

As was stated earlier in the thread more shots = longer lasting effects

If you're like the op and chose to take the shots and wasn't forced to, then you should just stop taking it. Think about it man you're living your life day to day just waiting for day (x) get high, you want to live like that?
Thats all a dope addiction gets you, living from bag to bag, day by day, just focused entirely on getting high to fend off withdrawals.
Try and kick the habit man especially if you have people willing to help you (sounds like you're not willingly taking the shot)
Having a support net makes kicking the habit much easier

Ok, so I was motivated 5 minutes ago to write a post on everything anyone could ever want to know about Vivitrol (extended-release naltrexone), but that is completely gone. I will just give a brief summary and if anyone has specific questions I can try my best to answer them. I have been doing opiates daily for 5 years (2 years oxys and 3 years heroin). I have tried to quit over 1000 times and nothing ever worked. I got on Vivitrol 9 months ago and it has done a complete 360 for my life. In order to get on Vivitrol, you need to pass a urine test for all opiates including suboxone, the company recommends 7-10 clean. When I received my first shot I was only 5 days clean and did not have any adverse reactions to the injection. If anything it made me feel a little better. Over the past 9 months I have tested the efficiency of this shot countless times, the same day as the shot, the day after, a week after, 2 weeks after, 3 weeks after, 7 weeks after (was on vacation and missed my scheduled one). I can tell you that it takes about 12 hours for the shot to take full effect, therefore if you use on the same day you get it, you can still feel about 25-50% of the high, nothing special though. Anytime after those 12 hours, you can do as many bags as you want (OD is still possible from a toxic amount of drugs in your system) and absolutely NOTHING will happen until about day 17. And even at day 17 you are still only feeling about 25-50% of the high that you should. Around day 24 you can start feeling about 75% of your high, but if you are on the shot correctly, once every 28 days, by that time you wouldn't be clean for your next shot. Now I know this is a harm reduction forum and I don't want to encourage this at all, but I have used from days 17-27 (12 hours before my next shot), and did not go into severe withdrawals, but it did initiate mild withdrawals, I still went to work right after and "survived". I have also used from days 24-27 and had no ill affect whatsoever from receiving my injection. Now, the times I have used within 24 hours of my next injection, I had already been on Vivitrol for months and am sure that it was still blocking almost half my receptors and that is why I did not go into severe withdrawals. If you used that close to your very first injection, I believe the outcome would be very different and very unpleasant. After receiving the injection, I can usually feel like a mini golfball size bump in my muscle and it is uncomfortable for 3-7 days, not painful just not very comfortable in certain positions. I'm sure I have more to say about vivitrol but just can't of it right off the top of my head right now, so if anyone has specific questions let me know and I will try to answer them.

I forgot, I have also tried drinking several times which isn't really fun until about day 17-21. If you drink before then, you just lose interest and motivation after a beer or two, and if you do power through and keep drinking, it is an uncomfortable "buzz" that doesn't provide any euphoria or numbness, just loss of motor skills and whatnot. But after day 21, drinking feels pretty normal.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, when I used 7 weeks after my shot, I OD'ed for the first time ever off of only half a bag of ECP, when I normally use around 2 bags at a time. Naltrexone can help reduce tolerance and with the long time period off, one is very susceptible to OD, so please be careful. I was luckily with someone who called 911 and I had to be Narcan twice, off HALF a bag.

What do you think would happen if I used the day before receiving my 2nd dose of vivitrol? Will it send me into instant withdrawal?