• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Everything you could want to know about VIVITROL

Just goes to show that you can't force someone to quit.

Damn right you cant force someone to do something there not quite ready to do

I can tell you for a fact that you can still get just as drunk as normal with naltrexone in your system. I was actually prescribed 50mg naltrexone pills at one point to help with alcohol cravings. They didn't help, but I was still able to get hammered like usual. As for coke, I cannot say for sure, but I do not see any reason naltrexone would have any effect on your coke high. Hope this helps.

My friend on a naltrexone implant said he was unable to get drunk. He just took meth-amphetamine the whole time he was on the implant, apparently that works just fine.

My friend on a naltrexone implant said he was unable to get drunk. He just took meth-amphetamine the whole time he was on the implant, apparently that works just fine.

Yeah I dunno, some people are saying they can't get drunk, some are saying they can get drunk but not happy, I really don't know. All I can say is that I got drunk just fine while talking 50mg of naltrexone once daily. I stopped taking the pills after about a week because they obviously did not help my alcohol cravings.

Thanks to all those contributing to the thread!

Today, day 25, I decided to use again after work. I got home around 6pm and loaded up .2. It was pretty great! I'd say I'm up to about 80-90% of my high. There is still some blockade present but it is rapidly declining. I felt the rush and even got some pins and needles! The euphoria is the part that is getting blocked the most though. The sedative properties are back to normal and I got a good nod. Also, I'm not sure if this is unique to me or a byproduct of the naltrexone but the itch is back in full force. I'm not sure if the histamine release is increased or if the block of euphoria just makes it more pronounced. I'd like to hear if anyone else who has tried using while on vivitrol/naltrexone has had a similar experience.

As for those talking about the efficacy of vivitrol, I believe that this treatment is a total waste of money for those forced into it or for those who take it when they are not ready to quit. This isn't just from my experience but from all the experiences and reports I have read during my research. Maintenance therapy would be much better in this situation because it helps way more with cravings by actually occupying your opiate receptors. This will make someone who is not sure about quitting feel much better while attempting. Vivitrol I think makes cravings worse and just gives you a constant mind fuck to use and a calendar to do so. It is also dangerous as those not ready will either try to beat the blocker while it's strong and risk OD, or use right after when their tolerance is reset and receptors are sensitized and also risk OD. I do however think that if you are absolutely ready to quit, vivitrol can definitely be a huge asset. An extra crutch, especially in the first few months, can make a world of difference. Last time I got sober I had random drug tests and that was a crutch that definitely helped in times of doubt.

As for other drugs while on vivitrol, I have only tried benzos so far. They work just as they used to. I plan on trying coke later on maybe around day 28 and will write about that. As for alcohol, I still have no experience and probably won't try until the next time I'm out with my "normy" friends. If that is before day 30, I will make sure to update you all with my experience on the effects of vivitrol/naltrexone on my alcohol buzz.

Please if you have anymore questions feel free to ask!

I had the itch aswell but no high really, i think you get the itch again like you do when you first start opiates cause its like starting again and your bodys not used to it, so you get itchy like the first times getting high on opiates, thats my opinion, goin on day 21 wont try again till 22 then 25, ill write about it when it happens, thanks for the post it helped ALOT.

I had the itch aswell but no high really, i think you get the itch again like you do when you first start opiates cause its like starting again and your bodys not used to it, so you get itchy like the first times getting high on opiates, thats my opinion, goin on day 21 wont try again till 22 then 25, ill write about it when it happens, thanks for the post it helped ALOT.

Interesting, I don't remember ever being this itchy. I wonder if it has anything to do with the binding affinity for morphine vs codeine, like if the naltrexone blocks either one more once it's metabolized? This is a completely made up theory I just came up with while sitting hear high on a pot cookie so don't quote me on this! Lol.

Day 26, today - My first day I was able to sleep in and actually do so. It was great! I had that nice opiate nod/sleep/dream phase all night and slept in until 9! That may not sound too late but for me it was huge as I normally wake up at 5 regardless of my next day plans. As for today, I'd say the vivitrol is pretty much gone. The rush is pretty much full force with the exception of the pins and needles which is only slightly diminished. The euphoria is pretty much all there. I can shoot less then my old amount and feel better than I did before. It's hard to gauge how much naltrexone is actually left and what percentage of my receptors are occupied but it seems to be removing my body rapidly since the 20th. I also ate a pot cookie tonight about 2.5 hours ago and must say I am loaded. The pot/dope combo has synergized(sp?) nicely and I have been getting heavy nods. I imagine taking a benzo + a shot now would feel as if I never had this damn vivitrol/naltrexone shot in the butt! Good night all!

Yea the itch, for me atleast was always very much there when i started on oxys but by the time i got into doing dope it was gone cause my tolerance was higher but now i get it at the spot of injection like usual an feel a very little high from it, nothing like i wanted but ima try again monday, while sober i hated smoking i always loved it while high an now i get the urge to smoke again after i did it, but im still counting days, i know everyones different but im still counting days til i get the full feeling, i know everyones different but im hopin since it was my first shot that it wears off faster than if i had multiple shots of vivitrol, in 2 days i imagine i would feel high an nod atleast, i just dont wanna keep wasting it cause i already bought it an when i have it on me it tempts me to keep trying even if it wastes it just to make sure an hope i dont go through the whole stash before i feel it, i fucking hate waiting an counting days so much, so much so ive been takin xanax to sleep thru the days to hurry up an make it wear off already lol sounds bad but thats how infeel an imagine thats how alot of people feel, i already slept thru the whole day yesterday an took another xanax to try an do the same till monday, im goin day 22 an monday will b 23 so hopefully my body is close to yours an can feel it on the 24-25th as you did

So you go through all that just to quickly relapse..? Good luck with your life long title as junkie.

It's his personal choice, you should respect that. Besides he shared some valuable information for the people looking for or being forced into this.

Thanks for sharing OP, interesting findings.

It's his personal choice, you should respect that. Besides he shared some valuable information for the people looking for or being forced into this.

Thank you for the support

Yea the itch, for me atleast was always very much there when i started on oxys but by the time i got into doing dope it was gone cause my tolerance was higher but now i get it at the spot of injection like usual an feel a very little high from it, nothing like i wanted but ima try again monday, while sober i hated smoking i always loved it while high an now i get the urge to smoke again after i did it, but im still counting days, i know everyones different but im still counting days til i get the full feeling, i know everyones different but im hopin since it was my first shot that it wears off faster than if i had multiple shots of vivitrol, in 2 days i imagine i would feel high an nod atleast, i just dont wanna keep wasting it cause i already bought it an when i have it on me it tempts me to keep trying even if it wastes it just to make sure an hope i dont go through the whole stash before i feel it, i fucking hate waiting an counting days so much, so much so ive been takin xanax to sleep thru the days to hurry up an make it wear off already lol sounds bad but thats how infeel an imagine thats how alot of people feel, i already slept thru the whole day yesterday an took another xanax to try an do the same till monday, im goin day 22 an monday will b 23 so hopefully my body is close to yours an can feel it on the 24-25th as you did

Yea trust me I know how that countdown is a struggle. As for the first shot, I agree that you will be able to use faster. All the research I have read states that the is "minimal: accumulation but it is minimal at ~15% which actually seems like a substantial amount. Keep us posted, I'd like to see your timeline as well it can help determine how much of a role metabolism plays in processing this oily blob in my butt cheek. As for using...

Day 27 (today) - Woke up this morning and was pretty out of it because I ate a pot cookie last not on top of my dope. I woke up, went to grab a coffee, then returned home to prep a shot. I used about .1-.2 and boy howdy did I feel it! I read in another vivitrol thread that the guy was able to get the rush but it didn't include that "punch in the stomach" rush feeling. I can relate because I didn't feel that until today! I'd go as far as to say that the vivitrol is completely gone!

I still have yet to try any other drugs but I am in the process of trying to find some and when I do I will let everyone know how naltrexone/vivitrol effects it (if there is any left in my system!)

To everyone reading this, remember that the overdose risk associated with this drug is real! Both on it, (trying to break through with large amounts), and after it (using the same amount after abstinence and senesatization). Please use extreme caution I would feel very guilty if anyone used this thread for knowledge and did not take this last warning away!

+1

So how did the shot effect tolerance? Was there a substantial reduction?

you can FOR SURE get drunk. the official vivitrol website says you cant but you can. i got wasted 3x on different periods. 2 weeks after a shot, the day of a shot, 26 days after a shot.. all that

Guess everyones different cause i tried a week in an didnt get drunk at all, i just threw up an felt dizzy, no good feelings just sick, felt like i spent money to drink to just feel like i had the flu

Getting tight i used almost all my shit an not getting high still an they wanna give me my second shot on monday, idc im getting high before i get it again, i did a few bags within the last few hrs an felt the slightest slightest feeling after i shot it but then nothing, im on day 24, figuring its a 28 day shot i should be feeling some high, an op felt it on day 22 an i have a fast metabolism too, my whole family pretty much does, I'm putting off the second shot till i get to feel good for atleast one day, i figure on friday in 3 days i should feel something more.

i have been on the shot for 4 months and i really dont wanna relapse. but every fucking time im a week til my shot is due i crave like crazy. i want to use, but i dont want to ruin my life either...ugh. any advice?

It seems your doing good, all of us have that feeling and your gonna get it, until eventually it becomes less and less, but like they say well be an addict our whole lives so its something to expect even later in life when you go through something bad, you just gotta realize that if you do it, ya just back at the start and you dont wanna be there, itll be a waste of months work

So op hows it going, I'm going on day 27 an i still barely feel anything, your lucky you felt it on day 22 an by day 27 you felt pretty much all of it, I'm hoping by day 30 i feel something, I'm suppose to get the second shot on monday but I'm gonna take a week off an get it the following week cause i already bought a bundle and wasted half, i guess I'm one of the unlucky ones thats gotta wait like 30 days or more, its crazy cause i have a fast metabolism, an i can eat anything and any amount an wont gain a pound as well but this shit in my ass cheek is taking forever to leave my body, do you think drinking alot of water would help it leave a little quicker, i know you did research as well as i did but I'm sure you learned more than me cause you said some stuff i couldn't find anyway after hours total of looking this shitty shot up

Jblaze, I am disappointed in myself to report that I have relapsed. I didn't do what I needed to do to get thru the terrible craving and I used. The first time was a week ago on Tuesday and I did a 10 initially (after having been on vivitrol for 5 months and about 4 days til my next shot wouldve been due) I felt about 60%. Slight rush and warmth but no pins. I flushed my system with water, cranberry juice and vitamin water for several days and finally last night when I did 40 I felt the full effect. Pins and all. I used 20 all together last Tuesday, 20 Wednesday, nothing Thursday, 40 Friday, 20 Saturday, nothing Sunday, 40 yesterday and 60 today.. I havent got dope sick yet but I bought 3 suboxone today just in case. So thats my timeline. I didnt feel full effect until last night and it takes a 40 shot for me to feel it. I thought my tolerance would be way low after 5 months of vivitrol and 9 months of being clean but my tolerance went back up pretty quick. Any advice on how to take the subs if I do get sick? The last time I did sub they were still the orange stop signs. These ones are the white half moons....

Great thread, thx for posting op. I'm not fucking with vivitrol but it's good to know about it...
Don't sweat peeps talkin shit, were all in the same boat...

Getting tight i used almost all my shit an not getting high still an they wanna give me my second shot on monday, idc im getting high before i get it again.

Be careful, man. If you get high too close to the date of the shot, you'll go into really bad withdrawals when they shoot you. It's not worth it to do it within three days of the next shot, IMO.