• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Everything you could want to know about VIVITROL

IV Fentanyl WD’s

I need major help!

Ive been IV fent now for almost 2 years and getting by with a two$$$ daily habit. CAn someone please tell me if this is going to be a much longer process than H withdrawals and half life, etc...I’m at 24 hours and WD symptoms ain’t nothing like they have been before when I was on H. Side note- this has been controlling my life for 8 years. Been to rehab 5 times 3 different facilities. Was thrown in jail to kick cold turkey for 10 days and have kicked at my own house with subs plenty of times... I’m just curious if since the amount I’m using on a regular basis that my system is so full of that shit it’s gonna Take double the amount of time before I can take a sub. hours befor I even start withdrawing to where I can take a sub. I’ve put myself in precipitated withdrawal twice now trying to do this and if it happens again I won’t quit. I will get high again for sure and u done. Im begging. Anyone with any info on what I’m asking would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Beener

I'm currently on day 22 of Vivitrol and tried doing a bag yesterday it's killing me I can't feel it. I want next week to come already. I was forced on the shot

I'm On day 22 of the Vivitrol shot and tried getting High yesterday and didn't feel anything but kind of a headache and maybe he tiniest bit of sedation. I'm so annoyed I want this to be over with already. I was forced into the shot by my boyfriend and I feel like a prisoner obsessing all the time over it

You probably have another week at least. Try day 30 and 40. Use a very small amount, don't use alone, and obtain narcan for when you use. Your tolerance will not be the same and you can OD very easily

Tacodude,

Yes I'm going to try on day 30. I'm just scared it will last even longer. Im never getting this again it's definitely like being a prisoner

There is a good chance it will last longer than 30 days. You might have better luck trying to use buprenorphine than normal dope, as buprenorphine seems like it can break through the naltrexone, but this will lead to tolerance to buprenorphine, making it still difficult to use normal dope down the road.

Not much you can do other than wait in this situation. Just keep your wits about you when you dose and be careful.

Toothpaste dog,

I'm just thinking if I use subs it will add longer to me having naltrexone in me since it's in that

Naltrexone is what is in Vivitrol, Naloxone is what is with buprenorphine in Suboxone. Naloxone is basically a shorter acting version of naltrexone.

I suggested buprenorphine because it may be able to break through the naltrexone, allowing you to get some relief from cravings. The buprenorphine in Suboxone or Subutex will probably cause you to continue having a higher than normal tolerance, but it wouldn't be as bad as from the nalxtrexone in Vivitrol (and regarding the naloxone in buprenorphine, for our purposes in this discussion it won't have any significant effect).

And generally speaking, experimenting with buprenorphine is safer than experimenting with black market drugs like heroin.

It depends from person to person. I've heard of people breaking through closer to the end of the shot. But if you want to get high why not just don't waste money on the shot next month? Or switch to oral naltrexone where you control the days you take it or don't take it.

It's really dangerous to try and break through with a higher dose though. Your tolerance will drop from not using for two months. Basically just be careful

Not taking the shot or switching to tablets where you can decide if you're gonna take it or not kind of seems to defeat the point of the stuff in the first place don't you think? If the OP is this intent in getting high, he really isn't ready to be on a drug like Naltrexone in the first place IMHO

Not taking the shot or switching to tablets where you can decide if you're gonna take it or not kind of seems to defeat the point of the stuff in the first place don't you think? If the OP is this intent in getting high, he really isn't ready to be on a drug like Naltrexone in the first place IMHO

Sure but the op obviously doesn't want to be in recovery so why force them to be? I find the whole idea of vivitrol to be disgusting

Help can I take immodium to help my precipitated withdrawals for vivitrol

No. Naltrexone blocks the opiate receptors outside of your brain as well as the ones inside your brain.

This whole thread is a giant warning for why vivitrol has no use. It doesn't stop cravings or change behavior. It causes suicidal ideation and resentment towards the people supposedly trying to help. Methodone or Suboxone are far superior options

Last edited:
Yeah, this definitely highlights how ineffective naltrexone is when it comes to opioid use disorder.

I merged the thread asking about getting high while on Vivitrol with OD's de facto Vivitrol mega. Useful for the SL directory too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes very ineffective to craving. Makes me crave it even more actually. Do you think it's likely it will last past day 35, I'm gonna loose it soon . Bought to just cave and get subs. I just didn't wanna do that cause I have a bun I bought couple days ago since I thought it would be done day 30 rather not spend anymore money when I already have bags

Thanks for posting.. today is day 26 for me and I just tried snorting a bag and it did nothing at all.. I normally shoot but I have no works and wasn't going to buy them to test it Out since I haven't done dope in a month . I'm hoping this will be over in 4 days I'm really obsessing and have a huge resentment against this shot. I guess it's nice to know I'm not the only one who was forced into it. Def never getting it again tho I'll tell you that .....

Just did 2 bags and it is day 28 on vivitrol. My eyes are pinned and I feel very sedated but not even in a good way. I feel like I'm carrying around 20lbs with me. Is this the Vivitrol trying to fight it off? Normally bags make me speedy and zoom around but it's just making me feel very slow and heavy almost. Will this go away once the viv wears off ?? Not even itchy which is what I wanted also .

Just did 2 bags and it is day 28 on vivitrol. My eyes are pinned and I feel very sedated but not even in a good way. I feel like I'm carrying around 20lbs with me. Is this the Vivitrol trying to fight it off? Normally bags make me speedy and zoom around but it's just making me feel very slow and heavy almost. Will this go away once the viv wears off ?? Not even itchy which is what I wanted also

(Just posted this in another thread but I don't think anyone has been commenting lately )

Sounds like that is an interaction between heroin and naltrexone (or possibly with any buprenorphine you took that was still lingering in your system, but more likely the naltrexone).

I'd try and give it another week before using. You can also explore kratom and tramadol if buprenorphine didn't work out well and you just need to get high.

Dope will affect you normally once the naltrexone is out of your system.

I haven't took any subs so it must be the naltrexone. Well I guess at this point I'm sol and need to wait another week. Thanks for all the answers

Yup, that is pretty much the situation. The other things to keep in mind is that the dope will work better the longer you wait to use it. If there is even just a little naltrexone still in your system when you take something like heroin it will ruin the heroin effects.

Perhaps you can just smoking a lot of pot for a little while as the naltrexone continues working its way out of your system.