• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Mixing Kratom with Opioids

There are a crapload of alkaloids, thought the major ones are mitragynine, speciogynine, paynantheine, 7-hydroxymitragynine. Many of them are orders of magnitude weaker than mitragynine, e.g. mitragynine will stop them from binding.

Crude base extract of kratom, with all the alkaloids, is an opioid agonist....

Maybe it has to do with timing or something as some people find kratom to compliment opioids while others, me included, find them very un-synergistic and even a couple claims that they entered a half-withdrawal state... there's something fishy going on

Some people find yohimbine an euphoric, pro-sexual stimulant, and others find it makes them jittery, anxious, and overall shitty feeling. Why can't it be the same explanation for a closely related alkaloid?

Not only theres a crapload of alkaloids in Kratom but our body must produce an even bigger crapload of metabolite what we know nothing about at the moment.

7-hydroxymitragynine is a pretty potent opioid, it probably offsets the few opioid antagonists. Mixing kratom with other opiates is quite nauseating at least for me, it's not the best combo but I don't understand how it could cause withdrawal.

I've done on it a few times. Kratom and low dose of hydrocodone when taken at the same time produced a nice warm body high. I've only done it once with oxycodone and wasn't to impressed with it.

I was taking my usual 3-4 grams of kratom and 7.5mg hydro and when I tried it with oxy it was 5mg. My normal opioid dose by itself is 20mg hydro + 10mg oxy.

Any thought on overall "half-life" of kratom alkaloids ? I'm feeling much better today, I didnt take any AH-7921, I probably almost if not done with the withdrawal. Im also taking Baclofen to ease with the symptoms of withdrawal.

There are a crapload of alkaloids, thought the major ones are mitragynine, speciogynine, paynantheine, 7-hydroxymitragynine. Many of them are orders of magnitude weaker than mitragynine, e.g. mitragynine will stop them from binding.

Crude base extract of kratom, with all the alkaloids, is an opioid agonist....

Some people find yohimbine an euphoric, pro-sexual stimulant, and others find it makes them jittery, anxious, and overall shitty feeling. Why can't it be the same explanation for a closely related alkaloid?
Why don't I believe your stimlant alkaloid theory? Because it doesn't explain why kratom cancels the effects of opioids for some, even with no real tolerance to either in some cases. Sure it may explain why some enter the half way withdrawal state but that's about it. How does your theory apply to these quotes..

I had a bad experience with codeine and kratom they blocked each other out and gave me a toxic like feeling in my head.

or this...

I concur with the notion Kratom can block or diminish the effects of poppy tea or hydro . . . and vice versa. If that makes sense. I've taken my usual dose of 4 grams, extract/resin Kratom and then followed up with 2 cups of poopy tea and felt very light effects. It just wasn't worth it, as I felt more tired and a bit ill combining the two. Just my experience though . . . others may expereince better results

or this...

When it comes to my pet fish, he did not like the combination of the 2. He took 20 mg's of oxycodone about 4 hours after taking 5 g's of kratom. It did not make him feel bad, it just seemed like a waste of the percocets since the kratom seemed to "cancel out" many of the effects of the oxycodone. So, in my opinion, from a health perspective, I'd say it won't kill you, but it would be a waste of the great euphoria only acheivable from oxycodone, without kratom.

And these are just quotes from my above post, there are more. In none of these cases is there any sort of mentioning of "jitters" or "overstimulation" and the first two quotes taken from opiophile are from members who have used kratom more than a few times, I know this as I frequently lurk the forum. In theory like you said stronger opies should sort of kick kratom off the mu receptor since it's so weak but that doesn't seem to be what's happening in some of these cases... either there's some sort of competition or one of the alkaloids isn't playing well with opies. I suggested that timing may play a role in how much the experience is dulled as some seem to find that the two in fact don't cancel each other out but I don't think that's a viable excuse as I have taken both at the same time (like the posters above have) and noticed little to no blocking however occasionally I do notice that combo of the two do make for a lackluster experience that seems dulled.

Last edited:
Yeah screw this AH-7921 stuff. I don't even like the name. Anything that is called AH-7921 can't be good. I'd say stick with what works - the classics. Better yet just Kratom. Or better yet nothing at all lol

Am getting better now and I took kratom a few time and everything is fine